The National Signing Day Thread

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I don’t think he’s a bad pickup. Just that we had bigger needs. I just figured if we were going to give up a spot to a WR it would be to Copeland or Chase. Spots are at a premium right now.
Well he is our first freshman WR, and I have no idea what Copeland is going to do. Even if Copeland was a silent commit, I wouldn't trust him. Jefferson could leave after this year and Grimes after next.

Edit: Also with the EE's we really could take more guys if we cut some dead weight this spring.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
I don’t get all the hoopla over Watkin’s commitment. I’ve seen his video – but I’m not blown away by it. There were quite a few wide receivers who were much higher rated that we were really pounding the pavement for but ended up missing out on. Copeland, Chase, Schwartz, Pope, etc.…

And that’s OK. I don’t expect this coaching staff to make up for all the failures of the last one in two months.

But what I would have had preferred would have been to have used that energy and that scholarship on Some LB and DE. Unless for some reason we think we are going to come up short. I think we’re pretty loaded to the tilt with 6’ slot receivers. And bringing in Grimes and Jefferson – pretty much met all of our needs for WR.
We have one true legit WR on the team in Cleveland and a bunch of runts and a bunch of frankie hammonds. We have no idea if Grimes and jefferson will get cleared. We need guys like watkins for this offense to be successful. We arent out of it on copeland but thanks to all the basement dwelling virgins on twitter arguing with him hes soured on us.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
I don’t think he’s a bad pickup. Just that we had bigger needs. I just figured if we were going to give up a spot to a WR it would be to Copeland or Chase. Spots are at a premium right now.
We have bigger needs and ten spots to fill them. Relax.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Are you guys beyotching about receivers? In a Mullinz offense? Puhleeze.

Hurrig8r

Nov 18, 2017
109 Florida 335.9 YPG
46 Troy 418.6 YPG
- Mississippi St. 418.6 YPG

Really, who cares how we move the ball???
That is last years Total Yards per Game...Florida on page 3@ 109th MSU on page 1 @46 (tied with Troy. Pretty good offense at Troy, ask LSU)

This will be a different offense at Florida, more talent WILL be available here long term.

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
109 Florida 335.9 YPG
46 Troy 418.6 YPG
- Mississippi St. 418.6 YPG

Really, who cares how we move the ball???
That is last years Total Yards per Game...Florida on page 3@ 109th MSU on page 1 @46 (tied with Troy. Pretty good offense at Troy, ask LSU)

This will be a different offense at Florida, more talent WILL be available here long term.
I'm going to miss: pass to flat on 1st; run on 2nd; and come hell or highwater, find Powell on 3rd.

Hurrig8r

Nov 18, 2017
And there you have your recipe for 109th!
I'd much rather see..
1st down- QB option to the right for 7yds
2nd down- WR reverse for 21yds
1st down-QB draw for 8yds
2nd down- Play action jump pass pass for TD

BTW we only have a 36 yd drive, because we have those 4 star WRs running punts back to the 36.. :)

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
The fact donkey after being proven wrong time and time again that mullen in fact knows what a forward pass is, is still trying to shove the whole wing t triple option bs on here makes perfect sense. He’ll ride a narrative til he dies

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
The fact donkey after being proven wrong time and time again that mullen in fact knows what a forward pass is, is still trying to shove the whole wing t triple option bs on here makes perfect sense. He’ll ride a narrative til he dies

Just let him continue talking circles. He’s slowly losing what little sanity he has.

We are here for you Donkey!

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
is still trying to shove the whole wing t triple option bs on here makes perfect sense. He’ll ride a narrative til he dies
This is more hilarious than you fvkktards talking about what a guru McElstain was, when anyone who had actually watched Bammer football should have known what is limited playbook was, power runs and screens passes, play action short stuff.

I know you were in pre school when Mullinz was here, but not all of is were. He runs Notre Dame's triple option. End of story. It isnt even up for debate.

I know you get excited about those dozen shovel passes he will throw out
Yeah, I know, two years in the past fifteen he threw the ball a little.... that is exactly the point.
If you are excited bc he averaged approx the same passing yards as Brantley/Trey (200 ish yards) then good for you.

And it is the single wing, not the wing t. I know you have no clue what either is.

Here is Urban talking about it:

MEYER: Part of it is single wing, yeah. I would say there's a spread element and a single-wing element. .....One: you run a single-wing offense, which means you spread a guy out so that [extra defender] has to go cover him...."

http://smartfootball.blogspot.com/2009/06/urban-meyer-q-on-his-offense.html?m=1

Stick to Nickelback.

Last edited:

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
There are no forward passes in football played by real men. Just sayin'. (Just messing with you Donk; 10 passes a game is OK.)

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Florida made Johnson feel like a priority

https://florida.rivals.com/news/florida-made-johnson-feel-like-a-priority-1

Florida has come on strong for Columbus (Ga.) Northside outside linebacker Caleb Johnson (6'3 245lb OLB) and he got his first chance to check out the Swamp this weekend.

The Gators made a move for the top 50 prospect in the Peach State.

"They pushed the point of family and that means a lot to me. There is no doubt that Florida is one of my top schools," said Johnson.

Auburn and Georgia are two others that are high on his list right now. He visited Athens last weekend and he will be on the Plains next weekend.

Johnson's lead recruiter for the Gators is defensive coordinator Todd Grantham and the two spent a lot of time together during the visit. Johnson saw how he could fit in there.

"Coach Grantham and Florida has a big vision for me to come in and get a lot of playing time. I like how they made me feel like I was part of the family and that is important because my relationship with the staff is fairly new.

"I really enjoyed myself on the official visit and the whole weekend was really a fun experience for me and my mom. They really made me feel like a priority."

Johnson is set to have Florida in his home Wednesday and he does not plan to make his decision until February 7.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.