Best Posts in Thread: The National Signing Day / Recruiting Thread: Updated - Gators welcome 8 mid-year enrollees

1. oxrageous

oxrageous American Hero
    Administrator

Oxbucks:
    $3,081
    Ratings:
    +17,670 / -148
    Enough about Driskel in this thread. If you want to start another one about him that the rest of us can ignore, go for it.

2. Bait'n Gator

Bait'n Gator Go away..... bait'n
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $248
    Ratings:
    +1,168 / -17
    Why don't you fckers go to one of the other 8 "Mullet sucks" threads to carry on this pissing contest? It would be nice to be able to read about some recruits without having to skim through 20 pages of non stop arguing about how Mullen is or isn't going to feature a forward pass in his offense.

3. williston_gator

williston_gator Twitter junkie

Oxbucks:
    $893
    Ratings:
    +3,563 / -26
    @onlygators: Top 150 offensive playmakers (QB/RB/WR/TE) signed by #Gators coach ...

Dan Mullen -- 4 (and counting) in 25 days
    Jim McElwain -- 5 in three classes

4. MJMGator

MJMGator Slightly amused
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $1,018
    Ratings:
    +12,135 / -105
    I’m one of the biggest “dumpers”on here when I see that our HC isn’t gonna make it. But, I decided to be optimistic about the Mullen hire because at least he’s got SEC experience, experience with one of the best HCs out there, experience at UF and he WANTS to be here and EMBRACES the expectations. I think at the very least, he’s gonna make us respectable again and provide some much needed stability.
    Will he return us to greatness? I have my doubts, but we’re so far from there right now I’m just looking for a good, competitive football team right now. He’ll deliver that at a minimum IMO.

5. Marianna-FL_Gator

Marianna-FL_Gator #GangGang
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $630
    Ratings:
    +6,604 / -47
    Thanks! I've been trying to get caught back up at my shop and haven't been on here as much but I'm fixing to kick it back in high gear the 2nd week of Jan. I do have a little nugget i was told today though. Looks like Mullen is fixing to surprise the sh*t out of some people by signing day. He's working some big time kids and also working on a couple flips :grin:

6. soflagator

soflagator Senior Member
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $1,085
    Ratings:
    +5,627 / -10
    That sound you hear is the collective sigh of relief from FIU, FAU and Houston-Baptist type programs. Their commits are officially safe again.

7. Swamp Donkey

Swamp Donkey 82% sarcasm 18% full of shyt
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $4,362
    Ratings:
    +27,361 / -587
  8. Slevin

Slevin GCMB’s Sweet Prince
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $2,087
    Ratings:
    +4,327 / -68
    Van Jefferson cleared to play next year

9. Marine1

Marine1 Well-Known Member

Oxbucks:
    $323
    Ratings:
    +912 / -13
    Literally the best post I have ever read on this board.

My wife and I sat directly behind the Driskels during the Missouri game. Everyone knew who they were. The abuse that was heaped upon Jeff during that game had his Mom in tears. It was the most embarrassment I have ever felt as a Gator. This was on the alumni side. I was literally ready to throw hands. Grown men who Jeff would break in half if they said it to his face. I was never even a major Driskell fan....I’ve known Jacoby Brissett since he was 10 years old and thought Muschamp screwed him over. But these so-called Gators fans behavior was unacceptable. I was very disappointed in myself for not taking a more hands-on approach that night. Carried that with me for weeks.

Hate grown men name calling and hate attacking kids....Gator kids no less. My daddy taught me a few things...call a man by his name, never shake a mans hand while sitting down and never stand idly by while someone is being abused. I failed miserably that night. Should have took a few out.

10. MJMGator

MJMGator Slightly amused
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $1,018
    Ratings:
    +12,135 / -105
    At this point, without a single game being played, nor a recruit being signed, if you aren’t willing to give the guy a chance before bashing him then you never will. Might as well just tune it out until the next hire is made. Hopefully, that’s in about 20 years and 3 NCs.

11. GatorJ

GatorJ Hopeful

Oxbucks:
    $1,148
    Ratings:
    +8,906 / -54
    Meyer brought on Douchebag prima donnas all the time. He called it “de-recruiting”. Basically made their lives hell through S&C.

I’m all for bringing on Copeland.

You see - the reason that players like Callaway got away with so much is that there was no player that could replace him.

Copeland would have Jefferson, Grimes, and Cleveland in front of him. He could either clean it up or get bent.

Bring the talent. And let the rest sort out.

12. Jay26

Jay26 Senior Member

Oxbucks:
    $1,758
    Ratings:
    +7,401 / -220
  13. GatorJ

GatorJ Hopeful

Oxbucks:
    $1,148
    Ratings:
    +8,906 / -54

That's what FSU gives out.

14. oxrageous

oxrageous American Hero
    Administrator

Oxbucks:
    $3,081
    Ratings:
    +17,670 / -148
    It's disgusting that anyone would want to do that.

15. Marianna-FL_Gator

Marianna-FL_Gator #GangGang
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $630
    Ratings:
    +6,604 / -47
    I'm going to say this...Make damn sure you tune in on signing day because we got some serious sh*t working behind the scenes! The only position that I'm worried about at the MOMENT is the OL. We're fixing to clean up everywhere else :grin:

16. Marine1

Marine1 Well-Known Member

Oxbucks:
    $323
    Ratings:
    +912 / -13
    If we close out this class as well as I think we might in addition to the key transfers AND take that momentum through the 2019 class I think we can legitimately talk about contending for championships in the very near future. I could see a SEC in 2019 and contending for a bigger prize in 2020.

I think there is a strong buzz about our program and recruits are going to want to jump on this train. We are in for a good run.

I was returning from Gainesville with one of my sons and my daughter when Mullen was announced. I’m usually the most positive person around but they will tell you I literally yelled....NOOOOOOOO.....when I heard the news and b*tched the rest of the way home. Just didn’t think it would work.

Man he has flipped me. I’m all in on this Mullen experience. He is working his azz off and producing results.

17. CGgater

CGgater Gainesville Native

Oxbucks:
    $575
    Ratings:
    +3,108 / -23
    I must be in Bizzaro World. Lawdonkey is pumping and Ancient is dumping. Whackadoo...

18. Slevin

Slevin GCMB’s Sweet Prince
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $2,087
    Ratings:
    +4,327 / -68
    Van Jefferson transfers to Florida

19. BNAG8R

BNAG8R ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ mind, ⭐️ ⭐️ body

Oxbucks:
    $272
    Ratings:
    +2,419 / -14
    Seriously - you two take it to PM, or take it to the lounge, or just grudge fk each other and get it out of your systems.

One way or another - end it in this thread. You're embarrassing yourselves.

20. bayou gator

bayou gator Ancient GSMB Veteran
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $234
    Ratings:
    +725 / -4
    I have always been a skeptic about Mullen, and I'm still taking a "time will tell" approach after voicing my initial disappointment with his hire. However, I must admit, since he has been hired, Mullen has killed it on just about every level. He was left with a massive mess, and he has done a great job cleaning it up so far. Today is a big day.

Well done, Coach Mullen! :clap:

Chat

Help

You don't have the necessary permissions to use the chat.

• About Us

Our community sprung up when the Gatorsports message board was shut down in the summer of 2014. We pride ourselves on offering Gator-biased, yet critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is the best Gator message board you will find.
  • Quick Navigation

• Buy us a Zima!

The management works very hard to make sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a non-alcoholic Zima? We'd really appreciate it! Just click the "Donate" tab at the top of the page.