The National Signing Day / Recruiting Thread: Updated - Gators welcome 8 mid-year enrollees

Discussion in 'Main Sports Forum' started by BMF, Apr 18, 2017.

1. Theologator

Theologator Enchanter

Oxbucks:
    $635
    Ratings:
    +1,457 / -15
    At least we get to say Cucamonga for a day.

2. t-gator

t-gator too sexy for my shirt

Oxbucks:
    $422
    Ratings:
    +5,835 / -173
    Not very much recruiting info out there with Hughes gone.

3. InstiGATOR1

InstiGATOR1 Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $289
    Ratings:
    +1,723 / -42
    Right what do those idiot coach know, when you have guys on the internet to tell you who to recruit.

You want whomever your coaches want, particularly if they are otherwise putting together a solid class.

Those stars all you star gazers are star struck by are but one bit of information. Another bit of information is do your coaches want the guy. Coaches rarely take a guy they think has no chance to contribute just to fill up their roster. Another bit of information is the kid's offer and visit list.

The WR in question is ranked 3 star by 247 composite. That raises your question of course. He also has a pretty impressive offer list though I do not see Southern Cal or Stanford which makes one wonder. He has visited UND, Az State and Utah. That is a pretty solid list, two PAC12 visits and particularly getting a UND official. It indicates he might be a UF level student. He also seems to have official visits planned to UTn so someone else seems to think he has a shot at contributing in the SEC. As skeptical as I am of Mullen, based on the early signees he seems to be putting together a solid class. Also we do not yet know how much this staff really wants this guy. Heck this could be a strategic move to make UTn work harder to get this guy. You never know with recruiting.

See that is the way we non star struck and non star gazing fans evaluate a recruit. You need to evaluate this with recruiting service 4 star and 5 star recruits recruits as coaches around the country will know that some of them are not quite the prospect that recruiting services think they are.

4. Jay26

Jay26 Senior Member

Oxbucks:
    $1,758
    Ratings:
    +7,401 / -220
    UND = North Dakota?

5. jdh5484

jdh5484 Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $1,183
    Ratings:
    +2,784 / -33

Rancho Cucamonga.

We need one on the roster from there.It would sound cool on TV.

6. GatorBart

GatorBart :bandit:
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $110
    Ratings:
    +5,060 / -22
    My guess is that he’s a really good blocker, and willing to do a lot of it.

7. Gatorraid81

Gatorraid81 Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $195
    Ratings:
    +1,253 / -29

If the #27 ranked JUCO player in the country is the top rated JUCO DE, should that be a little concerning? I’d figure the top rated DE should at least be considered a top 10 overall player at his level, am I wrong to think this way? Is this just a down year for JUCO DE’s?

8. T REX

T REX Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $632
    Ratings:
    +5,004 / -259
    Wash. Rinse. Repeat...For every three star we have recruited over the last 6 years.

Someone has to catch Trask's passes in practice.

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  9. Jay26

Jay26 Senior Member

Oxbucks:
    $1,758
    Ratings:
    +7,401 / -220
    Does offering a 3 Star WR this late mean we are going to miss on Copeland and/or Watkins? :scratchchin:

10. alcoholica

alcoholica Well-Known Member

Oxbucks:
    $647
    Ratings:
    +6,601 / -216
    it is nothing like it was when I was in school, which was nothing like it was when I was in HS. As the SAT requirements increased, the poon quality dropped significantly. I was just downtown, and the talent is down, and most of the hot ones were probably Santa Fe students. FSU female talent is superior to UF and has been for a while.

11. Durty South Swamp

Durty South Swamp doodley doodley doo!
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $795
    Ratings:
    +9,414 / -60
    probably so.

12. Durty South Swamp

Durty South Swamp doodley doodley doo!
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $795
    Ratings:
    +9,414 / -60
    thats because fsu is full of whores with VD, tally is ground zero for STD transmission in the state.

13. Slevin

Slevin GCMB’s Sweet Prince
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $2,087
    Ratings:
    +4,327 / -68
    Called a backup plan. Bet its not committable as of now. Its what bama and real teams do. Quiverlips skipped the whole process and went straight for the backup of the backup plan. I would be shocked if we didnt get both Watkins and Copeland

14. oxrageous

oxrageous American Hero
    Administrator

Oxbucks:
    $3,081
    Ratings:
    +17,670 / -148
    I like the idea of stringing these 3-stars along, and then when a better player commits, just pull the rug out from under them at the last minute, making them scramble for the few crappy schools left that may have interest. It's the kind of Sabanesque tactic that wins games.

15. MADGator

MADGator This space intentionally left blank

Oxbucks:
    $97
    Ratings:
    +193 / -0
    Sadly, I agree. UF used to the center of the universe for beautiful co-eds, but, meh, not so much anymore.

16. jdh5484

jdh5484 Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $1,183
    Ratings:
    +2,784 / -33
    FSU was an all girls school. Great Granddaughters legacy.

17. divits

divits A Muffin of the Studly Variety
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $618
    Ratings:
    +7,826 / -26
    This is true. I'm always shocked by the number of coeds I see on game days wearing skimpy clothes that they most definitely shouldn't be. At the risk of sounding like a lecherous middle aged dude, amount of brain power certainly seems to have a generally converse effect on hotness.

18. alcoholica

alcoholica Well-Known Member

Oxbucks:
    $647
    Ratings:
    +6,601 / -216
    Hot chicks don't need to cultivate their brain.

19. rogdochar

rogdochar Senior Member

Oxbucks:
    $991
    Ratings:
    +7,260 / -36
    For sure, debutante Miss Hathaway, Drysdale's secretary on Beverly Hillbillies was a famous FSU Hollywood success.

20. Jay26

Jay26 Senior Member

Oxbucks:
    $1,758
    Ratings:
    +7,401 / -220
    Hope you’re right, and lean that way too. Just presenting a different perspective on it :)