The National Signing Day Thread

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Didn’t those teams beat our ass? Don’t we have a losing record against SC since Tebow left? Wake up. You guys sound like that other site who sluprs ass players on the regular. We are putting all our eggs into a true freshman QB basket. He gets hurt then what? Franks? He is going to be good now with Mullen despite the fact that he stinks like s—t? Our best RB coming off a knee injury. Our best OL coming off a knee injury. Bum f—ing ass Fred Johnson is going to probably start again. I like the Van transfer, I like Lemmons potential and I’m a fan of Toney but the rest of them boys are ass. Defense should be a little better so we could make a bowl game but you guys are hyping up a team that hasn’t been to a bowl game in two of the last 5 years
This makes my head hurt.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I used to be strictly opposed to it, at least unrealistic optimism, but I've given up on football entirely.

I think I just hang around now to harrass you tools.
61f.gif

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
It's a Gator board, widely considered the most negative one.
Personally, I resent this connotation. Let us say instead that we are most misunderstood Gator fans in cyberspace. The lonely realists and sullen pumpers. Crying in our worthless Oxbucks. God, I love you guys. Even you negative nellies bringing such shame upon us.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
It's a Gator board, widely considered the most negative one. Occasionally someone is going to say something positive about the upcoming season.

It’s been a lot more positive since Mac left.

I come here to laugh and learn. I wear my first Law “fvvvcckk” like a badge of honor.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
So here’s an unofficial analysis that illustrates the challenge ahead:

I refreshed my depth chart and have UF at 78 total scholarship players, including the 2018 signed/commits/x-fers. I recast it as stars only - no names.

The bad news: only 41% of our roster today is 4* and 5* (just 2 5*, Ivey & CeCe). That’s 32 of 78, 15 on D and 17 on O. Zero at projected inside LB.

The good news: 3 at DT, 6 at CB/S, 6 at WR, 3 at RB, 2 at TE. Our P & PK are 3* but both ranked highly at their positions. 10 of the 32 have come since Mullen was hired.

While we do have a number of 3* players who are bearing out to be really good, that percentage has to rise. It has in the last 2 months and hopefully will on 2/7.

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
So here’s an unofficial analysis that illustrates the challenge ahead:

I refreshed my depth chart and have UF at 78 total scholarship players, including the 2018 signed/commits/x-fers. I recast it as stars only - no names.

The bad news: only 41% of our roster today is 4* and 5* (just 2 5*, Ivey & CeCe). That’s 32 of 78, 15 on D and 17 on O. Zero at projected inside LB.

The good news: 3 at DT, 6 at CB/S, 6 at WR, 3 at RB, 2 at TE. Our P & PK are 3* but both ranked highly at their positions. 10 of the 32 have come since Mullen was hired.

While we do have a number of 3* players who are bearing out to be really good, that percentage has to rise. It has in the last 2 months and hopefully will on 2/7.
Only 2 5*! We used to get 2 to 4 every year.

GatorWarfare

Nov 11, 2017
I know this might sound crazy because Mac has put us to sleep with his recruiting, but I think Mullen will literally take no chances on lower rated guys in next year's class. 2019 will be all four stars and hopefully one or two five stars.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Anyone else think that Mullen is going to slow play the debit card players in case he can actually pull in a larger class or have a larger than expected attrition. I'm not so sure we don't end up with close to 85 scholarship players.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
I know this might sound crazy because Mac has put us to sleep with his recruiting, but I think Mullen will literally take no chances on lower rated guys in next year's class. 2019 will be all four stars and hopefully one or two five stars.

Even meyer signed 3*s while here. There was just a lower percentage of them. Don’t lose grip on reality.

I do agree that we appear to be reversing the previous trend though.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Anyone else think that Mullen is going to slow play the debit card players in case he can actually pull in a larger class or have a larger than expected attrition. I'm not so sure we don't end up with close to 85 scholarship players.

If I’m right - and I don’t think I’m off by more than 1-2 given Zach Abolverdi’s recent count & Instigator’s - then there’s room for 7 more today, maybe 1 fewer with a long snapper thrown in. The credit card guys are the likely source of further attrition.

There are a few I think could be nudged to transfer just because they aren’t very good: Moral Stephens, Rick Wells & Lacedrick Brunson. All of that will sort out after the spring. Wells in particular may benefit from the fresh start with the new staff.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
If I’m right - and I don’t think I’m off by more than 1-2 given Zach Abolverdi’s recent count & Instigator’s - then there’s room for 7 more today, maybe 1 fewer with a long snapper thrown in. The credit card guys are the likely source of further attrition.

There are a few I think could be nudged to transfer just because they aren’t very good: Moral Stephens, Rick Wells & Lacedrick Brunson. All of that will sort out after the spring. Wells in particular may benefit from the fresh start with the new staff.

The long snapper is a walk on, correct?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Moral Stephens, Rick Wells & Lacedrick Brunson.
Brunson might be our most talented LB.

There is A LOT more dead weight than that: Trash, McWilliams, Burnett, Jordan Smith, Rayshad Jackson, Desir Jones, Givens, Andrew Fvkking Mike, Moral Stephens, and plenty of other that are expendable too (the not quite deadweight but merely guys with a oulse Ancrum/Riles/Harkless zone).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.