The National Signing Day Thread

Daryl

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2017
Yeah, the problem with winning 14-10 coin toss games is that the next year the odds catch up with you and you go 4-8 losing a lot of 10-14 coin toss games. But, heh, if you are one of the few people in the country that misses Bob Davies' veer option, good for you! It's back.
Jesus Christ.. clearly the whole point of that post not only jumped but rocketed clear over your head.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Many of whom were thrilled to see us bring in Muschamp and his more traditional offense.
Everyone TRIES to get on board with a new coaching hire, even when it's a fvkking dwag.

It's a lot harder when your douchebag AD goes out and hires a failed former coordinator who was hated by the fanbase already when he was run out of town the last time, like Zook or Mullinz.

Last edited:

Daryl

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2017
Everyone TRIES to get on board with a new coaching hire, even when it's a fvkking dwag.

It's a lot harder when your douchebag AD goes out and hires a failure of a coordinator who was hated already when he was run out of town the last time, like Zook or Mullinz.
Whatever youre smoking, please share.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Mullen is really under the gun to recruit every kid he targets while assembling his staff at the same time, thus far his hires have been pretty solid imo and he has been all over the country talking to recruits. EE is hurting him but he's done as much as anyone could ask as far as getting out there and having kids come OV to UF.
Look, it's the first year. I get that. Everyone should get that. Even Creyer and Saban, undoubtedly the two best recruiters, had bad first years. I think QB out of Cali was our gem of Creyer's first class.

If he doesn't have it turned around by next year, then I will really be worried.

I don't like the option. Everyone knows it. It's a high risk, low reward type of offense. It doesn't matter. We have what we have.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We really impressed Emory Jones and we have the best available playing time to offer him, so he's gotta be thinking a lot about flipping to us.
I don't know how any athletic running QB would expect to start here day 1. Hell, I suspect we land two freshmen and that both are required to play, ready or not.

Franks is the only QB on the roster capable of running the offense and obviously his ability to develop is in serious question.

Durfish

Feed me!
Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2017
We could really use him. Here's hoping he understands the concept of freezing weather and doesn't really want to spend four years of his life in a midwestern hell hole surrounded by fat pasty women wearing XXL sweatpants and 3XL sweaters.
Maybe he likes big butts and he cannot lie.

Daryl

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2017
Look, it's the first year. I get that. Everyone should get that. Even Creyer and Saban, undoubtedly the two best recruiters, had bad first years. I think QB out of Cali was our gem of Creyer's first class.

If he doesn't have it turned around by next year, then I will really be worried.

I don't like the option. Everyone knows it. It's a high risk, low reward type of offense. It doesn't matter. We have what we have.
Most coaches will tell you they hate defending the option, stretches you out sideline to sideline, and forces you to stay disciplined or bad things happen. Its funny the offense you say you hate so much is ran by HCs with pretty good records and have some rings on their fingers. If the offense wasnt viable, he wouldve been eaten alive at MSST with the low level talent he had, instead of producing guys like Dak and Fitz.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Most coaches will tell you they hate defending the option, stretches you out sideline to sideline, and forces you to stay disciplined or bad things happen. Its funny the offense you say you hate so much is ran by HCs with pretty good records and have some rings on their fingers. If the offense wasnt viable, he wouldve been eaten alive at MSST with the low level talent he had, instead of producing guys like Dak and Fitz.
Fitz is a terrible QB, worse QBR than Franks. Not sure why people keep mentioning him.

Option IS pretty hard to defend, if you aren't used to it. But not so much anymore. There are just way to many teams running it again. When you see it every other week, it isn't like you aren't ready for it.

Daryl

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2017
Its friggan MSST.. you ppl are so narrow minded. And yes, youre not going to beat Bama with MSSTs roster. I think Nick Saban is the best HC in CFB, but even he needs 5 star talent to win titles.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
MSST with the low level talent he had

He avg'ed the 25th rated classes over the last five yrs on RIVALS. You're full of crap. Stop the overcompensation. Stop the excuse making. The MSU myth has been dispelled. All that SEC money made even Starkville attractive to recruits(wanting to play in the SEC). I get you wanna prop the guy up as much as possible but good lord...Have some self respect. This why I loathed the pumpers.

WHy did he have a losing season last year? Care to take a stab at that one? Probably not.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
We could win every game 14-10 and id be happy as hell. Only tards complain about the manner in which you won. Winning is winning, Period
If we won every game 14-10, went 15-0 with a NC, posters on this board would say (with very sad, long faces), "Meh, well I guess it's not a total loss; we finally have an undefeated season."

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.