The National Signing Day Thread

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Based on talent alone, he should’ve been in some of the games against Lsu, Ala and Aub, with the occasional upset. He did exactly that. We can debate the hire all day, but there’s zero counter on that. Ive said before, I really think some here struggle with how to effectively lose an argument.

Yeah, he should've done better against Bama's and LSU's 4 and 5 stars. Stupid 2 and 3 stars. They're just not trying.

:lmao:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah there are some people who thought the Butterteeth hire was a homerun. They should probably sit this one out.

Mullins is a B- hire. There are some good things and some bad things in his past. He is what he is.

We need to get used to the fact that winning with him prpbably looks like a good defense, good STs and just enough ball control option offense, if things go well.

Last edited:

Daryl

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2017
As to your belief that the MSU myth has been dispelled, you yourself had no answer for my very detailed post. A 25th ranking might be ok if you aren’t playing teams every week who were nearly all ahead of you each season. For that matter, we averaged around 15 or so with McElwain and many claim it’s the least talented roster we’ve had since the 70s. Now somehow 25th is acceptable and able to take a serious swing at teams with top 5 classes?
This! All this.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Ok, let's turn this thread back to the early signing period:

Who is committed and expected to sign in the early signing period? Alphabetically here is what I have found:

1. Chris Bleich, OL, 247 says he is signing early: https://247sports.com/ContentGaller...-expected-to-signing-in-December--112339700/3
2. Amari Burney, DB, from 247 and the link above.
3. Iverson Clement, RB, again from 247
4. John Huggins, DB, committed today and tweeted he was signing on the 20th.
5. Donte Lang, TE, again 247
6. Evan McPherson, K, again 247
7. Damon Pierce, RB, again from 247
8. Kyle Pitts, TE, again from 247
9. David Reese, LB, again from 247

Who is deciding and signing in the early signing period?

A. Emory Jones, QB from his tweets
B. Randy Russell, WR, again from 247 (They list him as a commit, but apparently he visited other places since the staff change, but maybe he belongs on the list above.)

I may add to this if I run into more information. I would be happy to have others add in what they have read and cite a source.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, he should've done better against Bama's and LSU's 4 and 5 stars. Stupid 2 and 3 stars. They're just not trying.

:lmao:
He has a winning record only against Kentucky. Its not just Bammer and LSU he was losing to.

GatorWarfare

Nov 11, 2017

Who is committed and expected to sign in the early signing period? Alphabetically here is what I have found:

1. Chris Bleich, OL, 247 says he is signing early: https://247sports.com/ContentGaller...-expected-to-signing-in-December--112339700/3

B. Randy Russell, WR, again from 247 (They list him as a commit, but apparently he visited other places since the staff change, but maybe he belongs on the list above.)

I may add to this if I run into more information. I would be happy to have others add in what they have read and cite a source.

Russell is a safety

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Which is why I take the complaining now with a grain of salt. (And there were critics in ‘07 and ‘08.)

And in 1990 through 1993, as everyone knew you could not win in the SEC by passing, Spurrier won the first two seasons with Hall's players and they were gone by 1992 and the SEC had caught up to Spurrier by 1992.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014

6'5" 271 lb Juco DT

Edit from Dec 11
Four-star defensive tackle Noah Jefferson (@noahjefferson_ ) has named the University of Florida as his top school, followed by Ole Miss, Arkansas, and Arizona. Jefferson is hoping to take an official visit to UF around January 19th. #Gators

Last edited:

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016

B. Randy Russell, DB, again from 247 (They list him as a commit, but apparently he visited other places since the staff change, but maybe he belongs on the list above.)
C. Jamaree Salyer, OL, Rivals says he visited UF in December and will commit and sign this week. Has UF with a low chance of getting him, https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2018/jamaree-salyer-19826

I added Salyer to the above list and corrected Russell to a DB.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator