The National Signing Day Thread

HauntedGator

Dec 14, 2016
I probably missed this somewhere in this thread or another one but does anyone know when Jefferson and Grimes will find out about immediate eligibility? Surely the balls already rolling on this situation?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Enough about Driskel in this thread. If you want to start another one about him that the rest of us can ignore, go for it.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
He was a constant embarrassment. If there is one thing I will always remember Driskel for, it will be for the GaSouthern game. While Morningwood was struggling, Driskel was far from the sideline shooting the shyt with the walk-ons. Meanwhile, Murphy was trying to coach up our 3rd stringer. All your little twittering has done is show that he holds LaTech in higher regard. As Law said, he's listed as LaTech for NFL purposes, that's his choice, not the NFL's.
I can't believe y'all are still arguing about this... BTW... Have you ever seen a guy who transferred list the school they transferred from??? They always list the school they last attended... And I'm no Driskel apologists... In fact, I don't give 2 sh!!ts about it... But the guy DID graduate from UF... then transferred for a fresh start... Just by reading the vitriol on this board, he made the right decision for him. The kids been gone for 3 years and venomous fans still can't leave him the fk alone... Geeze people...

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Enough about Driskel in this thread. If you want to start another one about him that the rest of us can ignore, go for it.
Whoops... :whistle:

My bad Ox... But I'd had quite enough of it too... Was really hoping for some recruiting information... being as how that's what the thread title suggests it'd be about... :waiting: Of course, when have we ever kept on subject? :D

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
The first early signing day is over.

Maybe time to retire the thread?

Since65

Oct 5, 2014
Never mind Driskel, I'm more irritated that Pouncey introduced himself on a recent nationally televised game by saying he attended "Lakeland High School".

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Dawgs, Dwags, stray dogs, old dogs, abused dogs, dead dogs.

I pop on to find some recutiing news and have to read 5 pages of this crap?

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Just like the last 5+ years, in the end there will be attrition and we'll start the year at 80 or less. If you look around the country, there's an average number of players that leave/quit/transfer/medical hardship, etc. Then when you tack on a coaching change the numbers are ALWAYS higher.

Remember, Mullen said that the jig is up w/ the S&C program. Some of these players may have gotten used to the soft program the previous staff ran (or whatever the issue was) and may not like how they get treated (or may not like what is expected of them). There will be some washout from the current roster.

In addition, there are several of these kids who should have never been signed by an SEC school....much less a UF type school. These kids could be "advised" to seek a transfer (i.e. they'll be told they can stay, but they very likely won't see the field). Basically, they'll get Saban'd out of the program.

Bottom line, expect several more departures. I expect to open the year w/ no more than 80 true scholarship players (not counting the 4-6 or so walk-ons that get the leftover scholarships).

As I recall, Meyer had over 80 scholarship players just once in his 6 years at UF.

Attrition is hard to estimate. It always happens but often some comes after the spring.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
Yes, he does claim UF:

802598eb7fff169b2daa1dc6e8d23e80.jpg

And he’s not wallowing in bitterness:

No reason to be bitter towards a kid who worked hard, did all the right things, never embarrassed the university or himself, got his degree but didn’t live up to expectations and transferred.

And he’s on an NFL roster. Apparently people who know a lot more about football than anyone on this board see his ability and potential.

Well I certainly have never been called a big Driskel fan. My only allegiance to him is as a Gator. I was the guy who always believed Jacoby Brissett should have been our starting QB. I even use to tell people when he was a freshman he would be a starting QB in the NFL which always drew laughs. Jacoby will have a 15 year career.

No...not a huge Driskel fan. But he is a Gator and he can prove it despite opinions of others. Facts are facts.

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Yes, he does claim UF:

802598eb7fff169b2daa1dc6e8d23e80.jpg

And he’s not wallowing in bitterness:

No reason to be bitter towards a kid who worked hard, did all the right things, never embarrassed the university or himself, got his degree but didn’t live up to expectations and transferred.

And he’s on an NFL roster. Apparently people who know a lot more about football than anyone on this board see his ability and potential.

Dude cant even spell "touch".....bet his playbook was in crayon

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Is this still a recruiting thread?

If so

4 star DE from 2019, twitter bio claims hes working to be the #1 overall player in the country. I like that kind of confidence/drive/swagger

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Dude cant even spell "touch".....bet his playbook was in crayon

I’m unable to confirm or deny your point.

Do you think we get Barnes and Gouraige?

Do 3 and 5 technique DEs on a 3-5 need to be 300lbs? I think a quick 280-285 would be fine for the 3.

I really hope we can snag one or two of those 5-Star CB’s. I like Henderson & Wilson a lot but those guys roll out after 3 years. It’s critical to keep reloading elite talent in the secondary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb