The National Signing Day Thread

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Why is it that it's always the wide receivers that are so arrogant and flaky?

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
(Take this for what it's worth....it's from Zach A)

Florida recruiting: Gators can sign 9 more prospects in class

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/florida-recruiting-2018-class-size-2

Florida can sign a maximum of 24 players in the Class of 2018, and that’s before factoring in attrition and available scholarships.

With the addition of nine mid-year enrollees this week, including wide receiver transfers Trevon Grimes and Van Jefferson, the Gators currently have 78 scholarship players on their roster.

Florida has five additional commits who signed early, which leaves the coaches with potentially nine spots to fill between now and National Signing Day.

However, the 85-player scholarship limit means the Gators can add only seven more recruits right now. They need two spots to open up through attrition to sign 24.

Florida will likely have a couple more transfers before the fall. The future of Gators running back Jordan Scarlett and the remaining suspended players is still to be determined.

UF early enrollee Randy Russell was diagnosed with a career-ending heart condition Thursday. Russell counts against Florida’s 25-man signing limit in 2018, but will not count against the scholarship numbers with a medical hardship.

Here’s a breakdown of how the 24 spots could shake out by position:

• QB: 1/1 (Emory Jones*)
  • RB: 2/2 (Iverson Clement*, Dameon Pierce*)
  • TE: 2/2 (Dante Lang, Kyle Pitts)
  • WR: 2/4 (Trevon Grimes*^, Van Jefferson*^)
  • OL: 3/5 (Noah Banks*, Chris Bleich*, Richard Gouraige)
  • DL: 0/3
  • LB: 1/2 (David Reese)
  • DB: 3/4 (Trey Dean*, John Huggins, Randy Russell#)
  • ATH: 1/1 (Amari Burney*)
  • K: 1/1 (Evan McPherson)
* mid-year enrollee
^ transfer
# medical hardship

GatorShea

Feb 10, 2016
I would like to see Copeland here but how can you goad a fanbase and then show up and expect them to kiss your ass?

GatorShea

Feb 10, 2016
I’ll take him. Or we can keep trotting out Mac “stars” like Dre Massey, Josh Hammon, and Freddie Swain.

Anyone in their right mind would take him. I want him here but he sure is not doing anything to endear himself to what could be his potential fan base.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
I was really excited about the early signing period as we seemed to have reeled in the big fish we were looking for. That said, I’m starting to get concerned about this class as a whole - we need talented OL in the worst way and it looks like all of the talented prospects that were considering the Gators are being predicted elsewhere. NPF to Bama or Michigan. Barnes to UNC. Richard G. to Clemson. Any one out there have any good news on the OL or is it as perilous as it looks?

I’m concerned too. It’s hard to make up ground with guys that weren’t connected to this staff (wherever they were before) or UF as a school. They may get some inroads from others’ transitions.

And every year I get sucked into reading the Internet tea leaves to guess what these guys will actually do.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018

Hurrig8r

Nov 18, 2017
Although I don't feel social media has any impact on "real life"...It is safe to say that anyone out there in Gator Nation that has tendencies to have "Trump moments" on such medias, should think about who they may inflame. Unless I was watching a different Gator team than some of you were...WE NEED EVERY PLAYER WE CAN SMOOZE TO COME HERE...SO smooze them

Hurrig8r

Nov 18, 2017
Although I don't feel social media has any impact on "real life"...It is safe to say that anyone out there in Gator Nation that has tendencies to have "Trump moments" on such medias, should think about who they may inflame. Unless I was watching a different Gator team than some of you were...WE NEED EVERY PLAYER WE CAN SMOOZE TO COME HERE...SO smooze them
Jacob Copeland is an amazing talent, and from what i have read, not a bad human being...Unlike our last star WR or two

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Don’t count your chickens before they arrive on campus. Walker was visiting... until he wasn’t. Until Barnes, etc arrive on campus, I’m assuming it might not work out. As exciting as those first few weeks were, the news lately has been just about the opposite.
We're going to lose out on far more than we will land this next signing day. We have 8-9 slots max and they are trying to bring in a bunch of kids for visits the next 3 weekends. We'll be lucky to fill out the class and Mullen even said that we may not and he wouldn't sign kids just to sign them and get a full class put together. This is a weird year with both a transition and early signing day...there's not a lot going on right now compared to how this month would normally be

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Recruiting roundup

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads