The National Signing Day Thread

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
Love definitive responses when it comes to recruiting of 18 year olds :lol:

Nesta hasn't given any indication of a flip and has been solid cane. Yes he visited us, yes with more time we probably could have had him but he starts day one there and that's why he ends up there

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Two problems with this statement...first being that recruiting does matter and if you look back in the last decade, no team has won a title that has finished outside the top 5 in recruiting...stars do matter.

Secondly, beating FSU in recruiting doesn't mean jack if the class isn't a well rounded class with needs filled. FSU is likely to finish higher than us this year due to their absolutely loaded DB class. The rest of their class sucks compared to ours...so you're going to say our class wasn't a success because of that?

You're name is ancient, doesn't mean you have to have archaic thinking....
I guess"beat FSU" is just too difficult a concept. Stick with it though; it might still prove to be comprehensible.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
(from TOS recruiting board):

Malcolm Lamar: CB’d to the Noles by 247 82% UF 9%. I think it’s closer than that but in the end he signs with free Willie. My fsu contact is less sure than me.

Patrick Surtain: My lsu guy has gotten less sure by the day. I’m betting the field over lsu which would put a knife in many tiger fans heart.

FSU: say they do get ML, they still are signing 4 guys who UF would not want or will not qualify. Remember Jalen Goss who was let go by the previous staff; he is one of their guys. Xavier Peters-who was projected to not get into UF, he is one of their guys. Keyshon Helton, a small speedster that I personally like but is ranked about 1200 or so, is one of their guys. Do you get the picture?

FSU 2: Free Willie has been trying to create spots but we will not know the damage with coaches for a year or two. My question is why try to create spots if you are filling them with guys FSU would not normally take.

Tyson Campbell: I expect him to sign with UGA.

Malik Langham: I expect Langham to sign with Bama

Fabian Lovett: UF has picked up some CB’s for Fabian. I think it is a case of UF getting in to late but I’m open to being wrong on this one as I think he is going to be a hell of a player for someone.

So who does UF get?

For a change let’s begin with DEFENCE

Andrew Chatfield: The AH lineman will be a great Gator.

Caleb Johnson: The staff loves the guy and believes he is under rated. Let’s hope they are correct.

Dorian Gerald: loved his visit and I believe will sign with UF.

Nesta Silvera: I know, I have held off on this for two days. I was told that UF was more in the mix than anyone knew. Silvera loves UF and is truly torn. My Cane contact told me he was not hearing good things from a UM perspective. I am 50/50 which is what I believe Silvera is at this time.

Noah Boykin: don’t believe the ND rumors. I am told he is a silent for signing day.

Offense:

McDowell: has already committed. Good addition IMO

King Richard: I will be shocked if he signs with Auburn.

NPF: Did some late checking and even OSU thinks UF is the favorite.

Watkins: Has already committed and I believe he will be an exciting player.

Copeland: The guy sends mixed signals but I believe he is a special kid. I will have more on him after signing day.

Caleb Tannor: my least confident pick but I’m relying on what I read and hear.UF is trending.

That is 24 if those guys sign and some of you are skeptical of Nesta Silvera and Tannor and I get that.

The last spot or spots are open to

Malcolm Lamar: just can't see him at fsu for some reason.

And or

Fabian Lovett

Signing day always brings a shock or two. Could UF get one? I suspect so. Hopefully on the good side.

Final Thoughts prior signing day: This staff is and has done everything they can to insure a good class. I do believe that UF is in great shape going forward with a balance of good recruiters and excellent coaching.

Final Tidbit: Do not be shocked if UF gets someone no one saw coming. Sorry, but that’s all I can say about that.
I know you like quoting this guy but I cant help but scoff at his “opinions”. Sounds like he just reads what the rest of us read. But he alway seems a day or two behind.

Auburn is trending for Caleb Johnson because they arent getting Tannor.

Sounds like Tannor might actually go to Nebraska.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
And to add to my post, looks like NPF is Columbus bound. Stampini put his CB in for the Buckeyes. And a flury of others. NPF was to tell the staffs today where hes going.

Gerald postpones his announcement til friday which is incredibly lame. Hopefully we just fill up and dont have a spot at that point. But thats wishful thinking

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Nesta hasn't given any indication of a flip and has been solid cane. Yes he visited us, yes with more time we probably could have had him but he starts day one there and that's why he ends up there

I’m not expecting a flip, but I’m not counting it as a guarantee he isn’t coming either. Seen stranger things happen, and would be pleasantly surprised. It was a bold/surpise prediction from me

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
And to add to my post, looks like NPF is Columbus bound. Stampini put his CB in for the Buckeyes. And a flury of others. NPF was to tell the staffs today where hes going.

Gerald postpones his announcement til friday which is incredibly lame. Hopefully we just fill up and dont have a spot at that point. But thats wishful thinking

Yeah the Gerald thing is quite stupid...

NPF was never coming here and it was obvious early on...

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Looks like a few players are trending away from us. Could be a total let down tomorrow

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
Looks like a few players are trending away from us. Could be a total let down tomorrow

Lot of info flying everywhere...we'll just have to see although im not feeling too bad as I never expected NPF and a few others to sign with us.

I'm sticking with landing Watkins, Copeland, Garage, McDowell, Chatfield, and a couple of more. Had Gerald there but now I don't know....

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member

How we lost this kid is just baffling and upsetting.

https://247sports.com/Player/Nicholas-Petit-Frere-86950

Windy City Gator

Banned
BANNED
Oct 26, 2017
Surprise signee: Fields flips to UF and immediately hires a lawyer to sue

ugaly, sighting “they slipped something in my ice tea during my visit.” Chase tweets #metoo about lswho and follows JF to Florida. The avalanche continues with several more 5* recruits and DM lands a Top 3 class.

Let's hope he is not using Monty Grow's lawyer....

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
Yep. Again this guy just throws darts.

Alabam TOS says they expect Langham to be a Gator. Guy is heavily underrated and is easily a top 100 talent. Just late with the elite offers and attention.

Not going to buy in to the langham stuff...feel like it's just suspense created by him so that people tune in

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.