The Nature Boy has a flair for the dramatic

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
I was working out in the Golds gym off newberry and the road that parallels 75 to the west (tower road). Ric Flair and Arn Anderson come in to work out. It was awesome to use the bench press after them.

Anderson was a BEAST. Both cool dudes. Asked to be left alone during work out, but said they'd give us time after.

They lived up to their words. Really cool.

WHOOOOOO!!!!!

Albert

Enormous Member
Aug 22, 2014
My favorite Flair quotes: "My shoes cost more than your house!"
"You shut your mouth fat boy"
"I've got more Rolex watches than you have friends"
Long Live the Nature Boy!

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
i dug it because he was from Marietta, Jawja... not far from where i was at the time....

Who was from Marrietta?

Dusty was a native of Texas so I assume you mean that he lived there while working for WCW

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
Who was from Marrietta?

Dusty was a native of Texas so I assume you mean that he lived there while working for WCW
He always referenced it. I think he lived there when he was wrestling in Ga

Since65

Oct 5, 2014
This flier is AWESOME!

Almost all of the big names of the time are on there. I was trying to remember some more and all I have so far: Pak Son (The Korean Giant) , Dale Lewis, and Hiro Matsuta. I know there are more. What great memories, nothing like Gordon Solie when you were 10 or 11 years old.
To this day I am reminded of his close 'So long form the sunshine state" every Saturday

Don't know that anyone has mentioned Eddie Graham, one of the most influential men in Southern wrestling. He was great in the ring, a quintessential good guy who later became the owner/promoter of Championship Wrestling from Florida. Very well known and respected in Tampa community and wrestling circles.

Sadly, he took his life at age 55. His son and grandson also committed suicide at different times later on. A tragic family story.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Don't know that anyone has mentioned Eddie Graham, one of the most influential men in Southern wrestling. He was great in the ring, a quintessential good guy who later became the owner/promoter of Championship Wrestling from Florida. Very well known and respected in Tampa community and wrestling circles.

Sadly, he took his life at age 55. His son and grandson also committed suicide at different times later on. A tragic family story.
I remember him well. I think he donated thousands to UF before they discontinued their wrestling program. He was a good guy in the ring.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

I remember the suicides but I never heard any insight into why but I guess we always wonder why.
Was there ever any details or insight into why they did this?

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

I don't remember hearing about that. Eddie Graham was pretty popular back then. His son Mike Graham was pretty popular in FL also when he wrestled here. Crazy they all took their life like that - maybe genetically predisposed to depression or something like that.

Since65

Oct 5, 2014
I remember the suicides but I never heard any insight into why but I guess we always wonder why.
Was there ever any details or insight into why they did this?

Like most tragedies of this nature there were some rumors and speculation, most of it related to financial struggles and pressures. His son was trying to manage the wrestling business when the WCW and WWE were starting to put regional wrestling groups out of business. Never heard anything about the grandson. That is an unspeakably awful family legacy.

Same rumors about Butch Trucks, the Allman Brothers drummer who took his life this year. The pressure of money woes can drive people to do terrible things of all kinds.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
It’s a tough business. Money issues, drugs, health issues, pain are just a few reasons so many have taken their lives or overdosed. Look at the Von Erich history.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
http://www.tmz.com/2017/11/08/ric-flair-nature-boy-masturbate/
Turns out, Ric Flair's hand has taken thousands of rides on "Space Mountain" too -- 'cause The Nature Boy says he masturbated twice a day in the prime of his pro wrestling career.

That's IN ADDITION TO the roughly 10,000 WOMEN he claims to have banged over the years.

Naitch made this new admission in his "30 for 30" documentary that aired Tuesday night -- which also confirmed he got tanked with anywhere from 15 to 20 drinks daily while he was on the road.

But Flair's penis was the big story -- 'cause if there's any truth to his claims, it deserves its own spot in the WWE Hall of Fame (if not the damn Smithsonian).

#Figure5HandLock

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Ric Flair was gonna wrestle under the name "The Bruised Dick" but they said it was too much like Dick the Bruiser. Wrasslin's a great sport.
ab75d2a74f1bdcaa670408ae1c7d827b--wrestling-stars-top-ten.jpg

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He always referenced it. I think he lived there when he was wrestling in Ga
He took up home there when part of the NWA and later WCW. His oldest son is from Texas but his youngest is from Marietta.
That was around 1990 or so. His son played baseball in the same Dixie Youth program as my two boys at East Side (Fullers Park). He was a hoot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb