The next wave I expect to pop

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
the tweet i posted was from one of the cane writers who says why he dropped him. I guess you didn't bother to read it either...or is it...you don't have a clue who he is? Smh...Either way i said what i found out and I'll leave it there. Not going to argue bout this $hit tonight with 2 people who obviously are in the dark about what happened.

Jesus Christ you get your panties in a wad so fast. All I said was I don't agree that Rivals dropped him because there is a sinister plot to devalue Gator commits. Not sure why you're talking it so personal.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
the tweet i posted was from one of the cane writers who says why he dropped him. I guess you didn't bother to read it either...or is it...you don't have a clue who he is? Smh...Either way i said what i found out and I'll leave it there. Not going to argue bout this $hit tonight with 2 people who obviously are in the dark about what happened.
just more butthurt because Silvera is going to flip

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
After some digging, I have found these Rivals recruiting analysts:

Rob Cassidy (Southeast/Florida) - Mets fan, no information on team of choice or college attended
Mike Farrell (National)
Adam Friedman (Mid-Atlantic)
Adam Gorney (National/West Coast)
Josh Helmholdt (Midwest)
Nick Krueger (Texas)
Chad Simmons (Southeast) HUGE uga guy and I believe the head guy in the southeast for rankings
Woody Wommack (Southeast)

I am positive that is not a complete lost of all the recruiting analysts at Rivals. I just can't find a complete list or any info on what teams these guys support or where they went to college.

Which analysts are you referring to that support rival schools and took the 5th star away from Corral?

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016

I actually did bother to read the tweet and then go to his twitter page, stefan_adams305. That's why I was so confused. He identifies himself as a Law student/reporter and he has all of 127 followers. He is not a Rivals analyst and has no impact on the rankings. He doesn't elaborate about Corral at all on twitter. He simply tweeted a link to an article written by someone else. That article doesn't mention anything about Rival analysts that support FSU or Miami voting Corral down either.

Your claim that Rivals was suddenly allowing it's player rankings to be manipulated by biased analysts caught my attention since everyone here holds Rivals as the gold standard. I simply requested more info or a heads up as to where I could find the info myself.

I'll take your angry reply as a statement that you were simply voicing an opinion and not a fact. That's all you had to say. It's not a big deal. No reason to get all angry.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I actually did bother to read the tweet and then go to his twitter page, stefan_adams305. That's why I was so confused. He identifies himself as a Law student/reporter and he has all of 127 followers. He is not a Rivals analyst and has no impact on the rankings. He doesn't elaborate about Corral at all on twitter. He simply tweeted a link to an article written by someone else. That article doesn't mention anything about Rival analysts that support FSU or Miami voting Corral down either.

Your claim that Rivals was suddenly allowing it's player rankings to be manipulated by biased analysts caught my attention since everyone here holds Rivals as the gold standard. I simply requested more info or a heads up as to where I could find the info myself.

I'll take your angry reply as a statement that you were simply voicing an opinion and not a fact. That's all you had to say. It's not a big deal. No reason to get all angry.

Yep. The quote that the twitter user used was from the Rivals link I posted. The analyst was Adam Gorney.

He wrote:

“After evaluating Corral multiple times in the last couple months, the feeling was that he's not at the same elite level as five-star quarterbacks Trevor Lawrence, Justin Fields and Emory Jones in this class. I love Corral's competitiveness and versatility in games and he has a strong arm, but accuracy was an issue this summer and he needs to focus on being the best at all times. A big senior season alongside five-star receiver Jalen Hall could help move the Florida commit back up the charts.”

- Adam Gorney, Rivals.com National Recruiting Analyst

That doesn't seem all that incindiary to me.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
but accuracy was an issue this summer
:lmao: Im guessing this dckhead watched Golden Coral all summer.............Yeah, I want my QB to be accurate all summer and win all
those summer games.......................college football has devolved into a People Magazine type of staged drama.................

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
His completion percentage the last 2 years as a starter is 64 and 68 with an average per of 19.5 and 20. A few of his games are on youtube and there aren't any accuracy issues there either. The 64% would be even higher if not for 2 really bad games last year. Personally, I find his reasoning a pile of shyte. There are the same idiots that had Martell a 5 star at one point and still have Milton a high 4. I don't take QB ratings seriously by any of the services due t thinks like this.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
His completion percentage the last 2 years as a starter is 64 and 68 with an average per of 19.5 and 20. A few of his games are on youtube and there aren't any accuracy issues there either. The 64% would be even higher if not for 2 really bad games last year. Personally, I find his reasoning a pile of shyte. There are the same idiots that had Martell a 5 star at one point and still have Milton a high 4. I don't take QB ratings seriously by any of the services due t thinks like this.
I suspect they are talking more aboutnwhat they saw in camps.

Corral has been bordering on 5 star/high 4 star all along. It is nothing new. Nor sinister imo. He is an elite arm who is pretty well developed already. He isnt some low 4 star (arm and nothing else ala Driskel, AA or Franks) who needs much work and who is a theee or four year project case.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not sure why everybody's getting all up in arms. He is still ranked THE NUMBER 2 Pro passing QB in the country.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not sure why everybody's getting all up in arms. He is still ranked THE NUMBER 2 Pro passing QB in the country.
Yep...as a HS senior, he would still be our starter more than likely.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
I'm not sure if we are screwed for going after Corral or if I should be happy.

Regardless, I am happy this place is like one large dysfunctional family. I couldn't be prouder.

EyeDocGator

Politically Incorrect
Lifetime Member
Oct 26, 2015
I'm not sure if we are screwed for going after Corral or if I should be happy.

QB rankings are a crap shoot. Half the 5* QBs will be busts, and it is impossible to predict which half. If Corral had not committed our recruiting class would still be ranked in the 40s. Even if we eventually got Fields (unlikely) the recruiting class would not have had the present depth. Corral is as likely to be the top QB of the class as any of the others. When I look at the world through my O&B glasses everything seems to be falling into place.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
QB rankings are a crap shoot. Half the 5* QBs will be busts, and it is impossible to predict which half. If Corral had not committed our recruiting class would still be ranked in the 40s. Even if we eventually got Fields (unlikely) the recruiting class would not have had the present depth. Corral is as likely to be the top QB of the class as any of the others. When I look at the world through my O&B glasses everything seems to be falling into place.
Thanks Doc. I am very happy Corral is on board. I was being a bit sarcastic in my post.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I suspect they are talking more aboutnwhat they saw in camps.

Corral has been bordering on 5 star/high 4 star all along. It is nothing new. Nor sinister imo. He is an elite arm who is pretty well developed already. He isnt some low 4 star (arm and nothing else ala Driskel, AA or Franks) who needs much work and who is a theee or four year project case.
Franks had the same exact number rating as Corral when he came out of HS. And yet, I think Corral is a much better college prospect, but it doesn't really matter. Corral has the swagger of a gamer, so I expect him to get the 5th star back based on game play. If not, i don't really care. Kids are still flocking to him. He's a leader.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
If nothing else, Malibu's Most Wanted should be banned for his overuse of "smh." What are you, a 14 year old girl?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb