The official GCMB Tailgate Thread- 2018 Season

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
GUYS. Theres a good chance we might suck still, but the swag is back in the Swamp.

I grew up in Gainesville (I grew up in Altamonte Springs, but I mean, my weekends for 22 years). My dad took me every week growing up (he had season tickets) and wasnt going to miss a game. This guy is pure gator. His closets filled with gator bait magazine, gator cokes from 84, helmets. Hed come home from work and not talk to us for hours til he finished reading the recruiting scoops from Marty Cohen and others.

I went to just about every home game from around 1990-2010 when I abruptly left Florida for New York and sent the football program into a downward spiral. We Haven’t recovered since. (I missed three georgia games growing up. Guess which three?) im superstitious so I told myself I have to start going again. THIS IS ALL MY FAULT

For anyone attending, I think we should set up a tailgate for at least one game this season, and I’m thinking LSU. The GCMB Tailgate. Shirts. Hats. Banners. You name it. Ok maybe none of that hut it’d be nice to meet some of you finally. A lot of you I’ve known since 06 and the closest I’ve come is a podcast with our dear leader, Ox.

If not LSU, lets pick a game. This is the GCMB tailgate thread. Lets get something going. i want us to start winning again and it all starts with me.

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
We already have a tailgate, and I don’t remember anyone inviting you.

I’ll check the registry though....

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
GUYS. Theres a good chance we might suck still, but the swag is back in the Swamp.

I grew up in Gainesville (I grew up in Altamonte Springs, but I mean, my weekends for 22 years). My dad took me every week growing up (he had season tickets) and wasnt going to miss a game. This guy is pure gator. His closets filled with gator bait magazine, gator cokes from 84, helmets. Hed come home from work and not talk to us for hours til he finished reading the recruiting scoops from Marty Cohen and others.

I went to just about every home game from around 1990-2010 when I abruptly left Florida for New York and sent the football program into a downward spiral. We Haven’t recovered since. (I missed three georgia games growing up. Guess which three?) im superstitious so I told myself I have to start going again. THIS IS ALL MY FAULT

For anyone attending, I think we should set up a tailgate for at least one game this season, and I’m thinking LSU. The GCMB Tailgate. Shirts. Hats. Banners. You name it. Ok maybe none of that hut it’d be nice to meet some of you finally. A lot of you I’ve known since 06 and the closest I’ve come is a podcast with our dear leader, Ox.

If not LSU, lets pick a game. This is the GCMB tailgate thread. Lets get something going. i want us to start winning again and it all starts with me.
I worked for years in Altamonte Springs at Sweetwater Country Club while going to Valencia CC before transferring to UF.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We’ll be in Gainesville next Wednesday. Where’s the tailgate at again?
:bart:

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
If I'm able to make it to a game this fall I'll be there, but its a low probability that I will be able to. Will be in and out of the country from this summer to next.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Theres a good chance we might suck still

giphy.gif

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
I worked for years in Altamonte Springs at Sweetwater Country Club while going to Valencia CC before transferring to UF.
Lol i lived right outside of sweetwater. I lived in wekiva and worked at that publix near the marina while i was in high school.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Way to go with ruining the program!!! You don't deserve to tailgate party with me homie!

upload_2018-2-15_16-10-44.jpeg

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015

If I go, I’ll come by. Schedule is always iffy in the fall due to my current job.

I’ve sometimes wondered if I actually already know any of you.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Okay, if you want to get all technical. It was a long time ago. I actually started at the Citrus Club downtown Orlando then transferred to Sweetwater. Both were part of Club Corporation of America at that time back in the 80's. Probably still are.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Ya'll would be beside yourselves if I were to show up yelling OWNED and DESTROYED!!

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Okay, if you want to get all technical. It was a long time ago. I actually started at the Citrus Club downtown Orlando then transferred to Sweetwater. Both were part of Club Corporation of America at that time back in the 80's. Probably still are.

Meant in good humor and Altamonte bleeds right into Longwood anyway. We live off Red Bug near Tuskawilla. One big sprawl. Sorry for being a smart azz.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator