The Oxrageous Podcast - Alabama post-game thoughts

dubster1

Chip Kelly is a done deal
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
Hey pumpers did you see the game, im listening for excuses

Scott512

Sep 1, 2014
Well said. Can't blame JD. He will get better. But the secondary is a disaster. Sad. This Gator team isn't even a 2nd tier team nationally. The Gators had the mo (sort of) tied at 21 and on third and 23 a screen pass gets an easy first down. Game over. Ox we will have one more year of Will and Jeff if JD improves the rest of the season. If they lose to Tennessee they might have a 4 or 5 win. But Foley won't do jack.

kepler

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
dubster1 said:
I got to be honest, there cant be a gator fan alive that think the chump can turn this around,,, only fooley thinks this. Fooley needs to resign effective now and apologize for his choices of zook and chump
The choices are horrible enough but to go into a fourth year with this clown is unforgivable. Foley doesn't see more than us fans, he sees less. Foley should be fired for incompetence at this point.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
maheo30;n56155 said:
A local FSU guy said that he thought Driskel was our Chris Rix. I agree with him. Good podcast as always Ox.

Fsu was no where near as bad as we are right now

Scott512

Sep 1, 2014
Foley is one of the top AD's in the nation and the Gators have one of the premier sports programs in the nation. They go hand in hand. But Jeremy bombed hiring Will. He cannot flop with the next coach and I'd like to see Dabo Sweeney at the top of the list. He will cost major money but the case can be made Will is costing UF major money. Especially with another disaster of a season upon us which is quite possible.

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'm okay with Foley...he looks after the entire Gator sports program. Head Football Coach is definitely a soft spot in his record and he can fix that any time he wants. Now would be a good time by the way...

The team is in disarray. Losing today would have been acceptable. Losing the way we did, looking inept on both sides of the ball, is not acceptable. Teams setting records against us is a HUGE clue.

Good analysis Ox.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
TallyGator;n56682 said:
Head Football Coach is definitely a soft spot in his record and he can fix that any time he wants.
That's not good, as the football program is head and shoulders more important than any other sport. It pays for everything else.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n56591 said:
Fsu was no where near as bad as we are right now

Yep Rix actually kicked butt against us which Driskel has never done against anyone.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator said:
NavetG8r;n56257 said:
There are a lot of deficiencies in this team. QB is erratic. WRs & TEs dropping way too many balls. Defensive secondary not named VH3 can't seem to understand you aren't supposed to let the WRs run past you. So, so many missed tackles. This is not a well coached team. Either that or they're not buying in. Either way, it's still on the coaches.

Well, we have some more football to play and it doesn't look like SC, UGA, nor Mizzou are world beaters either so maybe we can still manage to make it to Atlanta.

Go Gators!

Make it to Atlanta? WM will never see Atlanta unless he buys a ticket.
"Gone With The Wind"

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
jaywalker72 said:
What Aaron said about a wasted year is so true. And if Foley didn't think anything was wrong after last year and this year looks like last year, then what? Foley has brought a lot to the university over his tenure but this is a bizarre blind spot.
Jay, Fooley is the most overrated AD in history. Nobody cares about volleyball and softball, and hell, even basketball. He's been a disaster with his football coaching hires since he can't even take credit for Meyer. By the way, I loved your analysis on the podcast.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
jaywalker72 said:
What Aaron said about a wasted year is so true. And if Foley didn't think anything was wrong after last year and this year looks like last year, then what? Foley has brought a lot to the university over his tenure but this is a bizarre blind spot.
And another thing, just how hard of a job would it be to be AD at Florida? How hard would it be to attract great coaching talent? I'm old and senile and I could do it :-).

Gator charm

Founding Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Ox-spot on as usual. I go back to the Ray Graves era. Mush dog is taking our beloved program to new lows.

LadyGator74

Sep 21, 2014
Most impressive! Could not agree with you more on the notion that instead of biting the bullet and firing Muschamp last year, we are now faced with yet another wasted football season. The hope of change that Muschamp swore we would all witness was wishful thinking on his part or a ploy to keep his job. Our head leopard just will not change his spots--not because he can't, but simply because he won't. The man's emotional maturity level is below that of an adolescent boy.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yep. What we have here is a full blown, 5 alarm dumpster fire.

Nicely done Ox, again!

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Being stuck with WM and JD next year after another disaster this year will cause most recruits to bail. If and when Foley ever fires the chump it will take a couple of recruiting cycles to bring in the talent and become relevant again. So we are anywhere from 2-5 years out from being a contender again. This is totally unacceptable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.