The Oxrageous Podcast - FSU post-game thoughts

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
I really can't believe we lost 4 years of gator football. That's a LONG time to be down.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Any other decent coach wins that game by 21. Muschamp is a sorry excuse for a head coach. Pathetic.

I'm relieved...truly.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Your best podcast Ox ... because it's the last on a Muschamp product.

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
T REX;n118966 said:
Any other decent coach wins that game by 21. Muschamp is a sorry excuse for a head coach. Pathetic.

I'm relieved...truly.

Looking at the box for fsu, apart from Cook, I'm really not quite sure how FSU won. oh wait....I am

QueenCityGator

University of Florida Alumnus
Aug 12, 2014
Nice summary of the Muschamp era. Thank you for not putting all the blame on Treon.

I look forward to your next podcast after we hire Bob Stoops.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Amen. Time sure does fly but not so fast when WM was your HBC. Its an early Christmas. Lets move forward Gator Nation. Good Podcast as usual OX.

Since65

Oct 5, 2014
Another good summary. I had the same thoughts during that final "drive". The offense lacks....is sophistication the correct term? They seem so pedestrian and the thought of moving 80 yards in a short period of time appears to be impossible. I do hope they hire a coach who'll bring a more advanced passing approach.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Spot on. Glad it's over. Hope the kids have fun at the bowl game.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Our OL blocking schemes should be able to spring free RBs now & then.

JohnCoctostan

Oct 27, 2014
Thanks Ox. I really enjoy these. I share your sentiments. I am relieved that it is over and look forward to much better days ahead. Go Gators!

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
The original "Breath" of the GCMB.
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Good summary. I can't wait for the new HC and a new era.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Before the game I was asked whether I thought we would win. I said no. We have the talent but not the coach to win the game. I knew after the 3rd field goal that it would end exactly the way it did. My brother sent me an email, "what a waste of a great defense." Yeah, what else is new? God, I'm glad to see WM go.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
oxking;n119393 said:
Before the game I was asked whether I thought we would win. I said no. We have the talent but not the coach to win the game. I knew after the 3rd field goal that it would end exactly the way it did. My brother sent me an email, "what a waste of a great defense." Yeah, what else is new? God, I'm glad to see WM go.

Summed it up very well.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
I watched the game at my daughters house and one of my son in laws is an FSU fan. He was shocked at how little the rapist could do but he had not seen a gator game all year either. He couldnt believe our offensive play calling. He was soon calling the next play and was right 99% of the time. Its sad but thank god its over. A new day is coming! Good pod cast ox....

LadyGator74

Sep 21, 2014
Living so far away from God's Country for a quarter of a century as I have/do, it is nearly impossible to find any sports fan around here who gives a ratz about the Gator football program. Thus, being on this message board and being able to listen to a voice who addresses the same feelings that are causing me ulcers in my Gator-deficit isolation is, well, therapeutic. Thanks for this and all of the other podcasts, Ox.
I have never been proud or pleased that Muschamp was our coach. From his inaugural press conference, I was put off. This final one from last night has angered me even more. He is, if nothing else, arrogant and egotistical to the very end. The failure of the last 4 years is HIS alone, from his poor staff choices to his poor recruiting to his total lack of player development to his complete inability to establish any kind of success on the offensive side of the ball. if there ever was a game that summed up Will Muschamp as a head football coach it was yesterday's debacle at FSU. Four years wasted all because this man was far more about himself than he was about the program. Hold your head up high on that fact, Will.

DeltaGlamma

Born a Gator
Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2014
What they ^^^^ said, each and every post I wholeheartedly agree with. One more thought, and while I understand his reasons, I also blame Foley for not doing this after last year and making us put up with this crap on the field for one more year. It was an important year and one we could have easily won had we not been saddled with Mr. Defense Does Not Believe in Offense. Still leaves a sour taste in my mouth and he better get the next one right!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator