The Oxrageous Podcast - Georgia post-game thoughts

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Big win for sure. Always great to beat them puppies! I agree with ya Ox. I think Muschamp is already gone. Every time someone in the media asks him about how this or that will affect his future at UF, he completely avoids answering and goes on about how he's just trying to worry about the team. It's fairly obvious he's gone and he knows it.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I agree Ox, he Zooked it today. He's a goner. But for now I'll be talking so much :kiffin: to the few Leghumpers up here. Love it.

LadyGator74

Sep 21, 2014
Outstanding commentary again! I found myself saying "that's exactly right" to most everything you said. Like you, I was also struck by Muschamp's near "sadness" as the clock ran down to the point that even Verne noted the tears he saw in his eyes. Human nature being what it is, a man still actively fighting for his job would have been feisty and in your face with excitement, ready to burst, hype and gloat. This win was bittersweet and somewhat poignant, it appeared. Yes, he was happy as he hugged each of his players, but that seemed to be more about his pride in and appreciation to them. Trying not to read too much into all that, but if I had to guess it would be that he has already been fired.
I think you are dead on with your assessment that the difference today was Treon Harris and the spark he provided. It may also have been that Roper finally was given the job of planning and running the O without any strings attached. Whatever it was that did the deed, this was a different team today and the talent everyone has been pointing to wondering why they weren't showing up, finally showed up big time. I am an old Gator and have seen far too many FL-GA disasters in the Gator Bowl from 52-0 in the pouring rain to having my heart broken watching Run, Lindsay, Run. I am going to savor this victory.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
"We finally took back bragging rights from those idiots".

Love it!

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
The original "Breath" of the GCMB.
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This feels good.

I'd disagree with one point, however. If I were a betting man, I, too, would bet CWM will not be retained. But as you stated, we have won our 2 rivalry games thus far. In the EXTREMELY unlikely event we win out, including beating the Clowns, we'd end up 8-3 with victories over our 3 biggest rivals and that's right about where we all thought we'd be. Win the bowl game and that's 9 wins and if the potato game hadn't been cancelled that'd be 10 wins (with 2 awful losses mixed in). And, it is not inconceivable we could back in to Atlanta with a 5-3 conference record.

I am in no way predicting this to happen.

However, if it did, do you still think CWM would be gone?

I'm not trying to pull attention from a fantastic day - just responding to Ox's comments on the podcast.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
No way we win the SEC. But if we did, he'd be retained.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Gatorbreath;n96176 said:
In the EXTREMELY unlikely event we win out, including beating the Clowns, we'd end up 8-3 with victories over our 3 biggest rivals and that's right about where we all thought we'd be. Win the bowl game and that's 9 wins and if the potato game hadn't been cancelled that'd be 10 wins (with 2 awful losses mixed in). And, it is not inconceivable we could back in to Atlanta with a 5-3 conference record.

I am in no way predicting this to happen.

However, if it did, do you still think CWM would be gone?
Absolutely gone. I believe the official coaching search actually started several weeks ago.

Could I be wrong? Yes.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Well, I know one thing. It was sweet to whip their butts but for sure, Georgia's defense is not THAT bad. Just how in the hell do you give up 400 yards rushing to a team that throws 6 passes? when you know they are going to run and are playing 10 in the box. Just unbelievable. Their fans will be melting down and calling for Richt and the DC's head. It was just pathetic and if the chump had not been playing "not to lose" we would have pulverized them even worse and held them to 7 points. Did you see that stat? It has been since 1977 that a Gator team won with less that 9 passes. Every game the chump busts another stat.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n96237 said:
Absolutely gone. I believe the official coaching search actually started several weeks ago.

Could I be wrong? Yes.

I agree with you. I think he's gone, knows it and the coaching search is quietly underway.

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The evidence is Muschamp himself. He reacted today, not like someone who is coaching for his job...he acted like someone grateful to his players for winning one for him as he loses his job. The players deserve all the credit today for putting maximum effort into the same scheme that we have failed at so many times. The fake field goal provided the impetus...and the players took over from there. Our new coach will be proud to lead this bunch who have proved they can and will play.

Hotrod

Founding Member
R.I.P.
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I'm sure all of you saw Foley's reaction on the side line toward the end of the game, he sure didn't look like a guy ready to fire someone. Lets see how the team plays at Vandy. After a win today that was so emotional lets not have a let down next week. Vandy beat us last year and they are at home. God it feels so good to beat the Georgia.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
On one of the gatorsports articles, Muschamp was quoted saying that he was thinking about how he wished his dad could be there towards the end of the game. That could explain the lack of excitement. I think the only way he's retained is if they win out or win the east. Neither are likely but both are still possible.

Loved the podcast by the way. Feels great having a win like this over the whipped puppies after losing the last three.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Good job. You know Danielson is going to have to replace Vern one day.

Mudd

Lurker
Aug 19, 2014
GatorJB;n96455 said:
On one of the gatorsports articles, Muschamp was quoted saying that he was thinking about how he wished his dad could be there towards the end of the game. That could explain the lack of excitement. I think the only way he's retained is if they win out or win the east. Neither are likely but both are still possible.

Loved the podcast by the way. Feels great having a win like this over the whipped puppies after losing the last three.

Did you say whipped puppies? If only there was a magazine ......

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
You're podcast is right on Ox. Going to be a great day today. Lets see how this all plays out.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Hotrod;n96300 said:
I'm sure all of you saw Foley's reaction on the side line toward the end of the game, he sure didn't look like a guy ready to fire someone. Lets see how the team plays at Vandy. After a win today that was so emotional lets not have a let down next week. Vandy beat us last year and they are at home. God it feels so good to beat the Georgia.
I agree. However, it could have been interpreted as not having to fire him "today" smile. But I'm certainly not sure at all that this rumor that he has been fired already is true.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
crosscreekcooter;n96527 said:
Good job. You know Danielson is going to have to replace Vern one day.
Poor Vern. He never has known what was going on. He calls first downs when there is none. Gets the RBs wrong, etc. I can't figure out if the problems stems from age or weight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb