The Oxrageous Podcast LSU Week is up!

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I felt like I should have seen the Death Star come into view in the background at some point.

You should have worn one of the GC pirate shirts.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
bradgator2 had us undefeated. Mizzery went 1 for 14 on 3rd down, they got that garbage time one. We have a real coaching staff that will game plan to our players strengths and Treon is a gamer, so as long as we don't have stupid turnovers we'll move the ball, just need whorehey to make some field goals on the drives we don't get in to the endzone.

We bring our A game, we walk out of there with a double digit win! Then go undefeated in to Atlanta.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n297854 said:
I felt like I should have seen the Death Star come into view in the background at some point.
I'm kind of surprised you even know what the Death Star is. You've always struck me as the kind of guy that never had any interest in Star Wars and never watched any of the movies.

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
imagejpeg
Is this Law?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Reverend gator;n297871 said:
I thought for sure you that you would be eating a corn dog to finish the report.:wobble:
That would have been a great idea. Too bad I was too dumb to think of it.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Agree with every bit of it.

This team does like to rally around each other and I think they do come in with a chip on their shoulder. These guys have something to prove, that we are more than just Will Grier. I have faith these guys are going to battle their asses off this weekend.

I fully expect for us to sellout against the run and force them to pass, which will be difficult for them on our secondary. We will force them to make mistakes.

I believe Treon is good enough to move the offense more often than he doesn't. Timing is of concern to me, however I believe this game was going to require short and intermediate routes anyway, even with Grier, so hopefully it's more just pitch and catch for these guys. I'm looking for big games from our TE and slot receiver positions, with an occasional shot taken down field.

Statistically speaking, LSU has faced some pretty bad rushing defenses. The best rushing defense, according to ncaa stats, was Syracuse, at 44. So Car is ranked 105th, EMU 127th, Msst 73rd and Aub 107th :lol2:
None of those teams has held him to less than 158 yards rushing.

Florida is currently ranked 12th in rushing defense.

Statistically the team most like us that they've already faced was Miss St. Lsu won 21 to 19.
However, we have a much better rush defense than they do and are about even on passing defense. We are a FG average better per game on scoring defense than Miss St and are quite a bit better in total defense.
Lsu by the way, while about the same in total defense as us, is giving up more than a TD per game more in points than us.

We are the best defense by far in many ways that they'll have faced this year. We will hold Fournette to his lowest output this year, IMO. All Treon has to do is manage the game.

We can still win this game if game planned right. The magic 8 ball will shock the world.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Is it over? I fell asleep trying to watch this.....my God man add some zing to this thing....Hand gestures, facial expressions, feeble attempts at humor. Do something, anything......

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Ok, first off, and I'm not saying this because I'm a mod and want to smooze up the boss, you get better every time. You look way more comfortable now than you did for the first couple of video podcasts.

Second off, I think you hired an ex Nascar driver to film the stars in the background because he's taking 99% left turns through the galaxy.

On a more serious note, I agree Treon is a serviceable QB, has more experience than Grier, and has proven he's capable of winning some games. On the other hand, we all know he doesn't read defenses as quickly as Grier, nor does he have that lightning fast and accurate release Grier has. As you say, all we can do is hope the coaching staff can call the plays that will cater to Treon's strengths and it'll be enough to move the ball and score some points. Hopefully enough to win the game. Our Defense will play a major major role in this game. Yes I said major twice because I believe the performance of our Defense will determine the end results of this game more than our offense will.

Keep it up. I love the podcasts and think you're doing a fantastic job with them. I hope everyone is sharing them on their favorite social media outlets to expose it to a larger audience. It's top quality material and more people should be able to see and enjoy them imo.

:chomp:

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n297997 said:
Is it over? I fell asleep trying to watch this.....my God man add some zing to this thing....Hand gestures, facial expressions, feeble attempts at humor. Do something, anything......
You got it

:ban2:

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The back of your head must be totally sandblasted by now from all that space debris. Please consider putting a nice shot of Florida Field or something on the green screen.

At the end you put up a Gatorchatter banner when you started talking about the website. Consider doing similar pictures of Treon, Fournette, stats etc as you talk about those things. In short, get away from a distracting background and instead use images that enhance the subject.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Thanks for the kind words. As for the other remarks, keep in mind I am absolutely slammed this time of year in my job and am lucky to have time to do these at all. They take hours of prep (notes, research, and setting up the studio), an hour of shooting, and literally 16 hours of editing, rendering and uploading, all by me. I have no helpers of any kind. It's pretty easy to sit back in your easy chair and critique it and point out how much better they can be.

Zambo, the last 3 weeks the backdrop has been different versions of Florida Field. Guess you weren't watching them. Also, there was a background picture of Fournette when I was discussing his segment.

Concrete, sorry you fell asleep. What you see is supposed to be a dry delivery. It's not my personality to flail around like a monkey. You're scheduled to be on the podcast Georgia week so we'll see how good your delivery is and how entertaining you can be. I'm guessing you can show me how it's done. I am expecting quite a lot - don't let me down, old hoss.

I'm not doing one for the upcoming bye week and am thankful for the break.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I guess I didn't notice the background picture of the previous podcasts simply because it wasn't distracting, not because I didn't watch. My post was meant to be constructive if it didn't come off that way.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Zambo;n298080 said:
My post was meant to be constructive if it didn't come off that way.
Yeah, I know. No worries. I appreciate anyone who watches these.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n298100 said:
Yeah, I know. No worries. I appreciate anyone who watches these.

I like the audio version better. I can go to podbean and listen while I browse other threads/pages. The video version doesn't allow me to do that.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n298101 said:
I like the audio version better. I can go to podbean and listen while I browse other threads/pages. The video version doesn't allow me to do that.

Sure it does, you've never heard of using tabs in your browser? Just because it's a video, doesn't mean you're forced to watch it. Listen while you do your other things...:dunno:

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n298126 said:
Sure it does, you've never heard of using tabs in your browser? Just because it's a video, doesn't mean you're forced to watch it. Listen while you do your other things...:dunno:

Doesn't work on my iPad.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n298126 said:

But if you did that, you'd miss the Han and Chewie fly by.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.