The Oxrageous Podcast - Missouri post-game thoughts

2ndAmend

Oct 3, 2014
Thank Ox. Bet my wife a 5 Guys burger you'd be so disgusted, you'd opt out of tonight's pod cast... you're a real man.

PaulDrake

Della Street's Baby Daddy
Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
The only good thing about this evening Gator related is your podcast. Right on....

LadyGator74

Sep 21, 2014
Your pain, Ox, is felt by us all, but thank you for putting a voice to it. It is so frustrating to be as frustrated as our fan base is! And after watching Muschamp's arrogant press conference where he threw-the-players-under-the-bus for this loss, (except, of course, for Driskel), took no responsibility for their being so completely unprepared, and for the zillionth time saying , "we have to get that fixed" with no plan of action other than just talking to the team about it, it is crystal clear to even the most novice of fans that this man has no clue how to run a football program, except to run it completely in the ground. Foley is a total fool if he allows this moron to continue on as head football coach. Stop the insanity of this experiment gone so completely wrong NOW, not at season's end.

Kyng

Founding Member
The Freak
Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2014
Founding Member
How I feel about Muschamp

Attachments

• conv_1109.gif
    conv_1109.gif
    868.5 KB · Views: 113

Swamped Gator

Sep 17, 2014
You brought up a really good point. We were better last year with an injury riddled team. We were at full strength this year and performed worse at HOME.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
How embarrassing to hear the boos in the stadium and have the crowd clear out...at HOMECOMING. If that's not an indictment I don't know what is. Everybody is sick of this.

Ox, you said let's hope for an announcement by Monday. I'm sure JF HAS to be considering it. What are the odds you think he'll actually make a bold move?

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Love this stat: In the last TEN years there has only been TWO times that a team held an opponent to 120 yards or less and STILL lost the game. In 10 years it has happened only twice. Both times by the U of F and Will Muschamp. :fingertap:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Alagator;n83634 said:
How embarrassing to hear the boos in the stadium and have the crowd clear out...at HOMECOMING. If that's not an indictment I don't know what is. Everybody is sick of this.

Ox, you said let's hope for an announcement by Monday. I'm sure JF HAS to be considering it. What are the odds you think he'll actually make a bold move?
Odds are slim. It's the right thing to do, that's why it won't happen. This football program has been botched in every possible way the last four years. There's no reason to think they'll do the proper thing now.

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
well said. On top of everything else, it was cruel to leave driskel out there.

Muschamp says we are not able to throw under center, we need to run the ball., thinks people understand that now. So he has it firmly in his mind, that throwing is out and thinks the rest of us must now have seen it and agree.

He totally thinks in terms of defense winning, to the extent that he sounds like he has no use for offense except to set up defense and because the rules of game require an offense. . Of course, everyone knows this, but in hearing an excerpt of presser tonight, I realized the extreme extent to which he has taken this. . It is a crappy destructive attitude to not recognize some intrinsic value of the offensive skill set

. If players are not learning, the coaching staff needs to learn alternate ways of teaching. There are plenty of educational consultants around. that know how to teach.people learn in different ways. ( although I doubt the whole team is composed of alternate style learners) It looks like the coaching staff doesn't even prepare. He wants the players to look in the mirror and figure out what THEY can do to fix their skills. and create better play. . Maybe someone needs to breakdown what is incorrect, show them, and retrain the correct response.- and in a method that actually works. I am also reminded of Mike Pouncey saying the water or towel guy, ex HS center, happened by during practice and showed him how to reposition his feet or something basic so that the snap was not wild.

I feel so bad for the players. Even mature adults would have trouble handling what they are expected to deal with at this point.

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
The original "Breath" of the GCMB.
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Well done, Ox.

The hideous performance we witnessed tonight defies description. Previously, I'd have thought it impossible by a Gator team. I watched most of the second half of the ND-Semi game and the difference in quality between us and those two is staggering. Literally staggering.

One positive coming from tonight is that we were so bad that Foley has a clear excuse to pull the trigger now without fear of looking like he's "Zooking" Muschamp. I'm betting we'll get an announcement tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator