The Oxrageous Podcast Post-Game Thoughts

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
dubster1;n272843 said:
yeah, but just not use to seeing him get dusted that bad

Did he really get beat deep or was he expecting coverage over the top and it wasn't there? It is my understanding that our safety play sucked in this game.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
maheo30;n272928 said:
Did he really get beat deep or was he expecting coverage over the top and it wasn't there? It is my understanding that our safety play sucked in this game.
Neal and Maye's absence were felt in the secondary. I thought our defense did well considering 3 starters were out. Plus their play and effort in the second half was excellent.

What I liked about the offense was Mac was willing to open up the playbook and get guys reps. Muschamp never opened up the playbook at all in his 4-years here. That said, I'm sure we haven't seen most of the playbook yet. I'm just excited that Mac loves offense and wants to see it no matter the opponent or how much time is left on the clock.

Also, I have no memory of the last time we only had one penalty. Love that the stupid mistakes are being reduced. Lastly there were no new injuries! Definitely something worth celebrating.

dubster1

Chip Kelly is a done deal
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
maheo30;n272928 said:

well i really cant answer that it just appeared that way. just hope it was busted coverage

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
dubster1;n272998 said:
well i really cant answer that it just appeared that way. just hope it was busted coverage

I ask, because unless the analysts say something, there is no way of knowing with tv tape. One would need access to game tape and know the coverage that was called.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
FUN, it was fun to watch, it was fun to know that we weren't going to run 3 straight and face a 3rd and long. It was fun to see 14 different receivers catch the ball, Fun to watch those freshmen running backs make some great runs and not be riding the pine because they don't know pass protection schemes.

I think Mac played just about everybody that was available and deserved to see the field, that was nice to see, motivates the whole team to practice great.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
dubster1;n272821 said:
yep! i dont know why but i was shocked at the seperation the wr had
That guy than ran by him was pretty quick and a perfect pass would have scored him.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxking;n273015 said:
That guy than ran by him was pretty quick and a perfect pass would have scored him.
The same guy was the guy that scored on #26 Harris. And with what might have been the same play.

dubster1

Chip Kelly is a done deal
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
Just watched the replay of the game the first play Vernon squatted on the play but the wr missed the ball,,the score came on Harris not vernon Harris is awful in coverage probably needs to bulk up and play lb

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Grier DID fumble. And Treon actually looked sharper throwing the ball in the second half. But it looks as if we are clicking on all cylinders with the exception of O'line. So we will go was far as they take us. Unfortunately one of the most frustrating things to watch is an otherwise sound team with o'line problems.

Is it too early for the East Carolina game thread?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
maheo30;n273006 said:
I ask, because unless the analysts say something, there is no way of knowing with tv tape. One would need access to game tape and know the coverage that was called.
Yeah, that's true but he didn't appear to be squatting in a zone. I think it was VH3. Either he got bored (Sas' theory) or perhaps he was even baiting a throw (Lito used to do that). That kid didn't juke him or outrun him, he just didn't quite give it all that play it seems to me.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n272744 said:
Think some of y'all were a little too critical of the defense. They would've only given up 7 if it weren't for the Grier fumble and played really well in the second half.
We were playing very soft. Very Collinslike. I hope Mac told him to knock that off in the locker room and we never see it again.

I despise Bend defenses.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n273423 said:
We were playing very soft. Very Collinslike. I hope Mac told him to knock that off in the locker room and we never see it again.

I despise Bend defenses.

Our boys thrive on man and are ball hawks

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n273423 said:

I despise Bend defenses.

:exactly:

Because most of the time it turns in to bend over and take it..

I could never understand when a team dominates 55 minutes using their normal defense goes in to 'prevent' mode , gives up big chunks and gets scored on anyway

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb