The Oxrageous Podcast Post-Game Thoughts

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Listen to Mac's post game assessment for my opinion and concur with his opinion... Gator Nation and Foley always looking for the recent coaches to put icing on a crap cake. Glad Mac isn't one, so shut the fvk up Foley about disenfranchising the supporters by telling the truth.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Well said. Hopefully this large dose of humble pie will get these guys focused and that they'll learn from their many mistakes.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Well, if this didn't embarrass them enough to break their heads out of their butts, then it's gonna be a long season. I think Treon won the starting job tonight. We'll see what JMac says. Grier literally threw his chance away. He'd have thrown at least 3 picks tonight against SEC defenses. Starting to look at lot Driskely to me. He can zip the ball around, but coach won't put up with throwing to the other team.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n277678 said:
Well, if this didn't embarrass them enough to break their heads out of their butts, then it's gonna be a long season. I think Treon won the starting job tonight. We'll see what JMac says. Grier literally threw his chance away. He'd have thrown at least 3 picks tonight against SEC defenses. Starting to look at lot Driskely to me. He can zip the ball around, but coach won't put up with throwing to the other team.
Oh come on, Nav. Already throwing in the towel on a redshirt freshman in his second start? Young QB's always make dumb throws.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n277688 said:
Oh come on, Nav. Already throwing in the towel on a redshirt freshman in his second start? Young QB's always make dumb throws.

You can't have your QBs throwing it to the other team. That was the whole problem with Driskel. Great arm. Dull brain. Coach has said time and time again, he wants his QBs to throw to the right color shirts. Grier will improve with some experience, but that'll have to come in mop up duty. Treon has his limitations, but he doesn't get stupid with the ball very often.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I am just scared Grier may end up prone to trying to force things. He supposedly had the same issue in some limited practice stuff put out there. I guess let him run with it and make a change later if you have to.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n277699 said:
You can't have your QBs throwing it to the other team. That was the whole problem with Driskel. Great arm. Dull brain. Coach has said time and time again, he wants his QBs to throw to the right color shirts. Grier will improve with some experience, but that'll have to come in mop up duty. Treon has his limitations, but he doesn't get stupid with the ball very often.
Are we playing for titles this year? Of course not. Get Grier in there to get the experience he needs.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n277713 said:
Are we playing for titles this year? Of course not. Get Grier in there to get the experience he needs.

That's easy for you to say when it's not your job on the line. Grier throws away 2-3 games this year, we could be 4-8 again and JMac's on the hot seat immediately. You know it, and I know it. You really think he's going to take that risk?

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n277718 said:
That's easy for you to say when it's not your job on the line. Grier throws away 2-3 games this year, we could be 4-8 again and JMac's on the hot seat immediately. You know it, and I know it. You really think he's going to take that risk?

This^. The same people that are saying play Grier to build for the future are the ones that would want his ass fired if we go 4-8.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n277718 said:
You really think Mac will be on the hot seat no matter what our record is after one year? :crazy: To say Mac's job is on the line at this point is ludicrous.

i think Mac is building for the future. Grier is the future and everyone knows it. Let's take our lumps this year and we'll be much better off next year. Remember playing all those freshman on defense and getting our ass burned over and over in 2007? It sure paid off in 2008.

I would sure sure as hell hope we have a coach that takes risks. Muschamp was the opposite. Play it safe, play it safe, you wanted to puke after a lot of that crap.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n277722 said:
This^. The same people that are saying play Grier to build for the future are the ones that would want his ass fired if we go 4-8.
I think you're insane.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n277725 said:
You really think Mac will be on the hot seat no matter what our record is after one year? :crazy: To say Mac's job is on the line at this point is ludicrous.

i think Mac is building for the future. Grier is the future and everyone knows it. Let's take our lumps this year and we'll be much better off next year. Remember playing all those freshman on defense and getting our ass burned over and over in 2007? It sure paid off in 2008.

I would sure sure as hell hope we have a coach that takes risks. Muschamp was the opposite. Play it safe, play it safe, you wanted to puke after a lot of that crap.
:exactly:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n277729 said:
You underestimate how many dumbasses we've got wearing orange and blue.
MJM, the fans can't fire the coach.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
If Treon is the starter for the rest of the year be prepared for 'chimp like offense numbers and a lot of yakkity sax being played while he scrambles around. Grier made two throws that he shouldn't have. On at least one it appeared that he expected a receiver to be there. Will he get intercepted in his career? Yes. But I'm wiling to bet his TD/Int ratio will make those INTs inconsequential.

the_alphagator1906

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n277727 said:
I think you're insane.

I think he has some truth to his statement. Could you imagine if we lose to our cupcake before the FSU game still looking this sloppy? Sorry but fans would want Mac out of here. That rant on KT is all over twitter too. I am sure he didn't do some our sensitive fans any favors by going Muschamp on KT even though he was CLEARLY in the wrong.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Accurate podcast, ox. You sounded deflated as it was a game conflated with deflating performances in many areas.
Mac's face looked bleached-out, assaulted by frustrations. On to next week & Kentucky.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
the_alphagator1906;n277742 said:
I think he has some truth to his statement. Could you imagine if we lose to our cupcake before the FSU game still looking this sloppy? Sorry but fans would want Mac out of here. That rant on KT is all over twitter too. I am sure he didn't do some our sensitive fans any favors by going Muschamp on KT even though he was CLEARLY in the wrong.
The fans can want Mac out all they want - he's not going anywhere. The tirade was well thought out in advance. Mac obviously thought it would be beneficial or he wouldn't have done it. He's not a hothead like Muschamp.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n277678 said:
I think Treon won the starting job tonight. We'll see what JMac says. Grier literally threw his chance away. He'd have thrown at least 3 picks tonight against SEC defenses. Starting to look at lot Driskely to me. He can zip the ball around, but coach won't put up with throwing to the other team.
In my best McEnroe voice: You can NOT be serious!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.