The Oxrageous Podcast Post-Game Thoughts

Swamped Gator

Sep 17, 2014
I really don't have much to complain about. Was is painful at times? Yeah.. But to hold Mizz to only 3 points and be in full control of our SEC destiny is awesome.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
You made a mistake :hehehe:

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Tough watching the o-line get whipped. But props to Mizz. They have an outstanding defense.

I agree about the crowd. It seemed quiet.

Delg8tor

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Good stuff. But you failed to mention we are now bowl eligible. 😱
We can lose the rest of our games and still go to a bowl. Yeehaw
Thats something Muskrat couldn't say two years ago.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Agree about the crowd. It's like they weren't even there. Wasn't the greatest win, but it's a win and the defense gave up very little.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Scoring on the opening drive, something we haven't been doing shut the crowd up, props to the boys for putting it together coming out of the locker room. Good thing they did it then, cuz it was dismal afterwards.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Defense made our marginal work on O stick this particular game... that's a Team. It feels good to have that again, means we always have a chance. Grier? learn how to slide my friend.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Agree with everything you said. Mizzou's defense was better than we thought. The O-line struggled, and the pressure obviously affected Grier. It seemed like when the line did protect him, WRs weren't getting open. Young guys learned more lessons tonight. I was disappointed with the clock management at the end of the first half, and Nussmeier was outcoached by their D-coordinator. But this is still a huge win. They are now the big favorites to win the East and will now be in the top 10. Hopefully we'll stay in the top 10 after next week's game which is a tough match-up for the Gators.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
Nothing to complain of. We won an SEC game on the road. We are 6 - 0, Who'd a thunk it. I don't think Will Grier is playing like a freshman. I think he's playing way better and has control of this team. The Missouri quarterback played like a freshman. I think those Missourians must be more interested in seeing a Royals vs. Cardinals World Series than who's going to win the SEC East. Just doesn't seem like an SEC atmosphere in COMO.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We are very young but more talented than anyone expected.

MissouriGator

Aug 30, 2014
Great podcast Ox...couldn't have said it better. I'll have my Gatorchatter shirt for the LSU game so I like our chances. This game was just an appetizer... Tiger meat is always better the second time. Go Gators!!

:chomp:

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm like you. It's a win on the road. That's no small accomplishment. It's hard to wrap my head around the fact that the Gators are in the driver's seat in the SEC East. JMac's first year. I'm just floored.

gator lester

Sep 13, 2015
Good summary. We became stagnant in the second half. No screens, swing pass, etc. no reliable alternative to Taylor . Great win still plenty of room for improvement. I like trey on getting some work.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Great as always and can't disagree with anything. If you would have told me that:
6-0
Bowl Eligible
Basically 2 games up in the East
And they're playing pretty well........
I'd thought you were crazy, but I'll take it. Love what this staff and team are doing.

Was is a little boring in the second half, sure. But Mizzou has a fairly stout D. Its not like we were turtling up and just handing the ball off. UF continues to try to attack the D even with the pass. Keep it up Mac!

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Good podcast. I underestimated their D, but they are obviously legit. However, Mizzu was lucky we didn't have 2-3 more picks.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
We were fortunate in the first half with the PF penalties that Mizzou committed. Each time they came during bad plays for us offensively and helped keep drives alive. If not for those, the game may have ended up much closer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.