The Oxrageous Podcast Post-Game Thoughts

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
oxrageous;299249 said:
I expect a receiver with both hands on the effing ball to make the catch. You don't agree? I don't give a crap.

You're talking about the true freshman, right? Back away from the ledge, Ox. It's Year 1 of the rebuilding and, let's be honest, massive clean-up project for Mac. This loss still sucks, but we're ahead of schedule.

Proud of my Gators!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

L-boy

BANNED
Oct 16, 2014
Gatorious;n299114 said:
"If Will Grier were playing we would have won".

Watch out, you will be scolded for such talk.

I posted this in the Treon thread:

L-boy;n299388 said:
Let me preface what I am about to say that I would rather have Grier in their than Treon, But to those who feel so sure we would have won the game with Grier in there, in the words of the ever bumbling Lee Corso, not so fast my friend:

- Grier has never thrown for 272 yds
- Treon lead the offense to 4 scores (yes, one with a big assist)
- Grier has thrown 3 pics this year. Treon has Zero.
- The offense with Grier in there last week produced zero points in quarters 2-4, so it isn't a given he is consistently lighting it up all the time

How is this possible? As Cap Sas says above, sometimes Treon throws up what appear to be desperation passes down the field, and sometimes because they way they float up there, they are caught. They are by no means things of beauty (although that one where he rolled left and completed to Calloway down the field was nice ) they are catchable. Grier rarely throws balls like that. He rarely completes the very long pass.

So while Treon's passes were sometimes ugly, they aren't passes likely completed by Grier, and thus Grier probably doesn't throw for 272 yds, and it is entirely plausible Grier forces one in there that gets picked and stops the drive cold.

Gatorious

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
L-boy, you make a convincing argument that should be considered, no doubt.
Its is also no doubt such speculation on my part for Grier being been better in this game is based on not his previous record, but pure imaginings of a supposed learning curve one might have seen him on.

I am editing to add or be clear that I, nor anyone is 'blaming' Harris. Hardly and that would be dumb. You will notice I did not post in that thread as I think its a silly straw man thread. No way I am saying he lost the game.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n299345 said:
Dumb sh*t like this is said by people who don't have a f*cking clue and never played, yet you guys treat him like the God of UF football knowledge. :rolleyes:
I don't appreciate this, man. I would hope you and I could disagree in less nasty ways at this point. I've got more respect for you than you evidently have for me.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
now-kiss-meme.jpg

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I've never claimed to be any kind of God of football knowledge, because I sure as hell am not. These podcasts are just a collection of my thoughts - I'm surprised anybody listens, and that's the truth. Whether or not they continue after this season is something I'm going to have to decide in the offseason.

Everyone has always been very kind and supportive and it means a lot to me. The members mean a lot to me.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Just watched the game. Had to dvr it. That was a helluva play by the db against Callaway.

We lost that game because of our defense in the 2nd quarter. Safety play was abysmal. Maye and Poole were awful. Though Maye at least made a couple of plays against the run.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I love your podcasts and look forward to them every time. That said, I'd also understand if you feel they're more trouble to make than the views and feedback you get are worth.

I usually don't share your post game podcasts, probably should, but I do share your video podcasts on both twitter and facebook hoping to help increase your exposure. I wish more of our posters would do the same but I guess maybe they're too embarrassed to share such a small time program with their friends?
:dunno:

More views and more feedback and message board traffic would probably help you feel more like what you're doing is paying off and keep you excited to keep doing them. It's tough to stay motivated to do something that takes so much time out of your personal life when it doesn't really feel all that appreciated.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n299453 said:
I've never claimed to be any kind of God of football knowledge, because I sure as hell am not. These podcasts are just a collection of my thoughts - I'm surprised anybody listens, and that's the truth. Whether or not they continue after this season is something I'm going to have to decide in the offseason.

Everyone has always been very kind and supportive and it means a lot to me. The members mean a lot to me.

Just consider the source.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n299453 said:

I enjoy them and have watched or listened to them all. That said, when you offer an opinion on a message board be prepared for some pushback when you're as dead wrong as you were about Calloway. :lol:

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Well as soon as the pods are up and I'm on, I listen/watch. Honestly, I do it for the cheap entertainment and to see how Ox grows into the role. I assumed in about 2-4 years, Ox would be Mick Jr. :lol: It goes without saying Ox is vital and appreciated. My college football season would be dismal indeed without the venting and camaraderie found here with relations from several years. Remember, Ox life boated our ass, at mostly his expense, from that concentration camp called the GSMB. Just saying.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;299444 said:
I don't appreciate this, man. I would hope you and I could disagree in less nasty ways at this point. I've got more respect for you than you evidently have for me.
My apologies for being as harsh as I was, I have a tendency to overstate things on occasion (as you know). But seriously, you were accusing our most clutch performer of the year of choking when it was clearly and obviously not the case.

I don't hate you, I promise. I'll give you an e-hug to prove it.

Edit: And you really do do a fantastic job with this site, we're all very grateful you picked up GSMB's fumble and ran with it when you did.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I know Ox loves us all, but had our DB slapped the ball out of the other teams receiver's hands to save a TD, we would of been celebrating and saying our DB's are badazz.. Callaway is still the MVP of the year, he's been Mr. Clutch and getting game changing momentum plays.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The dudes a freshman, we should giddy with anticipation of the big plays coming...

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
OMG Ox how could you be so stupid?

Lol, of course I'm kidding. Hey I'm trying to think of a single radio or Internet personality who doesnt say controversial things and I'm coming up with bupkis. Say your piece, be opinionated, ruffle a few feathers. Nobody wants to hear vanilla polite commentary, I can get that from my mom.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This could be the first podcast post game thread that might make it to solitary confinement. Our fearless leader being called stupid, accused of not having a ****ing clue. I got your back Ox, hell. let me drive the vette for a week and I'll make up something like , you are smart, you know how to run a website, maybe not too bright when it comes to football, but very passionate none the less.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator