The Oxrageous Podcast Post-Game Thoughts

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Good job. Yes, the East is down. But really, it was during the entirety of the last regime which made struggling through those years all the more painful. Looks like the McElwain years will be sweeter.

2ndAmend

Oct 3, 2014
I'm shocked, football expert as yourself, failed to mention the real reason for UF's victory... to quote the greatest Gator ever, Stephen Orr Spurrier, "Our best defense, is the dropped pass."

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Is it ok to say, "We are Back!"

:chomp:

Blonde Gator

Founding Member
Cynic
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Nice summation, Ox. All is well in Gator Nation tonight.

Is there ANYTHING sweeter than the red/black side of the stadium empty in the late 3rd Quarter? I'm drawing a blank.....there is nothing finer. NOTHING!

Turning the WLOCP into a Gators only affair....Priceless!

Calloway is a sweet receiver, he's got beautiful hands, sublime balance, and perfect vision. A Gator for next week, next month, and the next three bloody years. Awesome.

Little Fred turned into his father tonight, I thought. He's tough, hard-headed in his determination to succeed....he has the moxy to way outplay his size.

Treon is who we have, I won't criticize him for his flaws. He's a gamer.....and I suspect Mac's smart enough to design our plan around his skill set. Look on the bright side. No Brantley.

Gator defense is amazing, those guys play their hearts out every week. There aren't enough words to say about the HEART of this defensive team. The D is the gift that keeps on giving, to the team, and us, the fans.

Lastly, I truly appreciated Coach Mac giving us, the fans, a nod in his after-game comments. H

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
You said it. It ain't pretty, but somehow they keep winning. Callaway is special. I am giddy we have him for 2 more years. I say 2, because I don't expect him to be around for a senior year. He's got NFL star written all over him. McGee is going to make an NFL team a lot of money too. That guy catches EVERYTHING. Powell needs to stay in the slot. He is not an SEC RB. Can we please stop this experiment coach? Scarlett ran hard tonight. Broke a big one and like you said, showed off his burners. He and Cronk are going to be great together. Taylor was a workhorse tonight. He exploited a few nice creases the line gave him. Pretty sure he went over 100 tonight, didn't he? Treon is Treon...I think you're right. The coaches know his limitations and are trying not to make him have to do too much.

Now, as 2ndAmend was saying... I counted at least 3 TD passes UGA receivers dropped. One in the end zone. Morrison never touched that ball. It was a drop. Someone said that QB for UGA was horrible, but I beg to differ. He had a better night than Treon did as far as completion % goes, and would've had a MUCH better night than Treon if his receivers hadn't been complete garbage.

Someone please tell me why the SEC refs hate UF so much? What did we ever do to them? Or am I just being a baby? Cause it sure seems like we've faced a lot of one sided games this year in SEC play. That Cronk block was absolutely a hustle play and nothing more. There was NOTHING malicious in the way he hit that guy. I hope coach gives him an extra helping of dessert tonight. He got jobbed by the refs. What about that "Fumble"? The very first replay they showed you could clearly see Taylor's knee hit the ground with the ball still firmly in his grasp. What the hell took those refs so long to make the call? It's like they were looking for any excuse to NOT overturn the bad call. I really hope JMac is keeping a file of all this replay footage and sends it to the SEC after the season is over for review. There's been a lotta anit-Gator bias this year from the refs imnsho.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Good "cast". I'm glad you mentioned that targeting call. What a bunch of bull. I hate that rule anyway. I'm too old to appreciate it. In fact, another example of referee ineptitude. Did I mention I hate officiating in general.

Oh, by the way, Mac actually might be a great coach.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Great podacast Ox as usual. And that is what is so special about this team and staff. No matter the what we are or how bad we play they find a way to get it done. Mac has really instilled some confidence in our guys! And on the ref's call......
NavetG8r;n305164 said:
Someone please tell me why the SEC refs hate UF so much? What did we ever do to them? Or am I just being a baby? Cause it sure seems like we've faced a lot of one sided games this year in SEC play. That Cronk block was absolutely a hustle play and nothing more. There was NOTHING malicious in the way he hit that guy. I hope coach gives him an extra helping of dessert tonight. He got jobbed by the refs. What about that "Fumble"? The very first replay they showed you could clearly see Taylor's knee hit the ground with the ball still firmly in his grasp. What the hell took those refs so long to make the call? It's like they were looking for any excuse to NOT overturn the bad call. I really hope JMac is keeping a file of all this replay footage and sends it to the SEC after the season is over for review. There's been a lotta anit-Gator bias this year from the refs imnsho.

Absolute BS call. I know Mac was already on that. They showed him giving a big hug. These guys have to love playing for him.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Beating the dawgs, one of the best feelings there is. Like Nav said, the refs have it out for us this year, it's either a BS call or they refuse to check the replay. when it would favor us, screw em, the D is doing a fantastic job and we are in every game. Just need to get Treon to hit the open man and not the open ground.

2ndAmend

Oct 3, 2014
A big rivalry game victory and so few comments... halloweenie must be more important... apathy?

Reading leghumper fans anger at #FIRERICHT, like with jim donnan, we need richt to stay.

Scott512

Sep 1, 2014
I thought Treon would be playing better by now. Alot of us wanted him to be the starter over Will to start the season. Harris has to lift his game if the Gators have any hope of winning the SEC title. Treon had some good moments at LSU but I was frustrated with his play against the Dawgs. Maybe you are right Ox and the coaches just played it safe because they knew Georgia was not a threat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.