The Oxrageous Podcast UMass Post-game Thoughts

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Lack of energy/preparations was evident at last year's bowl game. That the opener shows no improvement is very disturbing. This staff doesn't appear to have it. We need to recruit better, and be better coached to get back to big boy football.

I still think we can make it to Atlanta, need to play better, and get another highly ranked class with 4* and 5* studs to play with the big boys.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
My, we have fallen far. I am absolutely disgusted by our performance. I'm with you, I don't understand the lack of energy. Is it the coaches or the, "I deserve this" attitude of the players. Again, far too many undisciplined penalties.

You're right, it's been since Tebow. I feel like we sold our soul to the devil and are still paying the reparations.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
We had 80 yards in penalties; UMass had 25 yards in penalties.???
Lack of OL juice was apparent with our anemic 3.7 YPC running it. ?? Better coach those guys up.
Fullwood should be ousted giving his plays to F. Swain, D.Massey, & Josh Hammond.
I'd Like to see some crush blocking from our OL and crush running from Thompson. Scarlett did finest.
I'm super thankful for EDDY. His excitement and enthusiasm should be contagious.
Want our DBs to take a slap by the coaches for screwing up on long coverages.
Maybe Tabor's return will help. C. Lewis' return could add some bigger plays ?
IDK, is this team still a question mark?
Is our OL skillless or just weaklings ? ... or both ... or poorly coached ? Ask SOS to analyze film.
Seems we need help. I'm ready to fire whoever Law wants fired.

Will UK beat us next week? They had 4 TD passes in the first half... good WRs.

UGa will hit us with Chubb & QB Eason ... and they will be tough and energetic and a threat
at long passes and long runs.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I still think we can make it to Atlanta, need to play better, and get another highly ranked class with 4* and 5* studs to play with the big boys.
A 2017 great class, which isn't on the horizon, would give us some players who will be ready around 2020. Even bluechippers like the Bullards and Spikes don't really change the games until their third years or later.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
We are who we are, a midlevel team with a lot of spots filled by Sunbelt-type players and coaches.
We certainly don't look any different on offense and give very little indication that this team is going to be different than last year. Del Rio is certainly only mediocre even tho a certain step up from Treon. OL can't pass block, the smaller UMass team kept shooting the gaps without response. You can at least help them out by going under center and pounding off tackle and then play action from that but we saw little of that. And then on 4th and 1, on the 5 yard line, the OC calls for the guard to pull and he misses the block. As my Chinese friend used to say, "why thisa one?" It was the same old, same old for sure.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
We had 80 yards in penalties; UMass had 25 yards in penalties.???
Lack of OL juice was apparent with our anemic 3.7 YPC running it. ?? Better coach those guys up.
Fullwood should be ousted giving his plays to F. Swain, D.Massey, & Josh Hammond.
I'd Like to see some crush blocking from our OL and crush running from Thompson. Scarlett did finest.
I'm super thankful for EDDY. His excitement and enthusiasm should be contagious.
Want our DBs to take a slap by the coaches for screwing up on long coverages.
Maybe Tabor's return will help. C. Lewis' return could add some bigger plays ?
IDK, is this team still a question mark?
Is our OL skillless or just weaklings ? ... or both ... or poorly coached ? Ask SOS to analyze film.
Seems we need help. I'm ready to fire whoever Law wants fired.

Will UK beat us next week? They had 4 TD passes in the first half... good WRs.

UGa will hit us with Chubb & QB Eason ... and they will be tough and energetic and a threat at
long passes and long runs.
Our great teams of the past had 100 yard in penalties every game and still devastated opponents like UMass. It's just another example of how mediocre we really are and how perfectly we must play to win. We can laugh at Tenn, but the team they beat was much better than UMass. We haven't scared anybody in eons.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
My, we have fallen far. I am absolutely disgusted by our performance. I'm with you, I don't understand the lack of energy. Is it the coaches or the, "I deserve this" attitude of the players. Again, far too many undisciplined penalties.

You're right, it's been since Tebow. I feel like we sold our soul to the devil and are still paying the reparations.
It's called Fooley and the Chump. Especially Fooley who allowed our facilities and our program to become so-so, continually wanting to cheap out and willing to settle for 2nd class. Let's put the blame where it belongs. I'll never forgive than foolish clown.

veroG8tr

Lifetime Member
Nov 30, 2014
***WARNING*** Removed all sharp objects and your shoes laces before listening to this podcast.
....but I do agree.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
I will wait a few games in to draw my final conclusions but I was pretty disappointed. At least I won the bet about them scoring 28 or more points. Whoopie.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
One correction.....Piniero is a RS Soph.

I can't remember a time when the crowd just died after the pregame. That literally took all of the wind out of the sails.

The rain didn't help. The shytty offensive production didn't help....the momentum killing penalties didn't help. All in all, I can't remember sitting through a game live where I was ready for it to be over with at halftime.

Lots to work on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb