The Oxrageous Podcast Week 2 is up!

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
There's about a two-second hitch in the middle of this video - sorry about that. There was no guest, just me babbling for 17 minutes. The last five minutes of this video are just blackness - don't ask. Thanks for watching / listening.

[video=youtube_share;Gvuevbl6yhM]http://youtu.be/Gvuevbl6yhM[/video]

Here's the audio version:

http://oxrageous.podbean.com/e/2015-...east-carolina/

Discuss.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Screw the haters. Like you said, they can...
[video=youtube_share;VIBfctISM9M]https://youtu.be/VIBfctISM9M[/video]

Himey

Founding Member
Super Important Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I like these podcasts better than Dooley's...no doubt about it.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think ox is right about the SEC East. Probably one of the weakest in a long time.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Enjoyed the podcast! I agree that we have a legitimate shot at the East his year.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Didn't watch, but listened to the audio. Nice job, as always.
Ox, I think you're reading too much into the results of Week 1. It's not unusual for teams to struggle a bit in their first game...nor is it unusual for teams to look better than they really are against inferior competition. I still don't see us being a legitimate contender in the East at this point, but I'm hope I'm proven wrong.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
How long does it really take you to paint that time-lapsed gatorchatter emblem in the end?

I also talked to my dad last night and he brought up the same points regarding ECU. They suck. I'm going to have to revise my score prediction.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n274754 said:
Ox, I think you're reading too much into the results of Week 1. It's not unusual for teams to struggle a bit in their first game...nor is it unusual for teams to look better than they really are against inferior competition. I still don't see us being a legitimate contender in the East at this point, but I'm hope I'm proven wrong.
Being a contender in the East has a lot to do with the weakness of the division. It's simply not that strong.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
I think if our defense can play like they did in the 2nd half for most of the season Mac will figure it out on offense. I think we now have the ability to out coach some our competition unlike the last several years. If our oline can just hold up....

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n274754 said:

You will eat these words...

...I hope...

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Nice improvement with delivery....
Make up much better.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
LagoonGator68;n274761 said:
You will eat these words...

...I hope...

So do I. Years of disappointment have made me be more pessimistic than usual.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I loved and hated the way out tight ends looked. They are bonafide weapons in the passing game. However, they are utterly useless when it comes to blocking. I heard about how bad they were, but I had no idea they are so bad they make Jordan Reed look like a dominating blocker.

Interesting stat about Auburn. Hiring Muschump may end up costing Malzahn his job if he doesn't get rid of him. At the very least, he needs to put Chump in his place.

Gatorhunter

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
How'd you get the UAA to let you record on location at the Swamp?

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gatorhunter;n274820 said:
How'd you get the UAA to let you record on location at the Swamp?
Are you questioning Ox's connections? :suspect:

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Agree on the use of TE's being a great new look this year. Add Antonio Calloway as an impressive newcomer. Also, I like the new "This is... THE SWAMP" backdrop. Please never hang the "work em silly, Gators" sign behind you though, unless you want us all to stop watching. :lol2:

And amen! on "this team can win the East!"

Swamped Gator

Sep 17, 2014
Very good as usual. I'm with you on the "sticking it" to everybody, especially rivals. This is from a Vol friend of mine after their game,

"Tennessee wins!! Some starters were out, especially on the defensive side, and you have to give Bowling Green credit considering they have one of the fastest offense in the nation. And to think that the Vols left an additional 20 points off the board, but yet still scored 59. This offense is scary. Good win.."

The delusion is strong with the Vols this year.... Gotta love making excuses for that pathetic excuse for a pass defense.

Quite frankly I don't think our first real test comes until we get a shot at Ole Miss in October. Kentucky will simply be a good chance for whoever starts to get some experience on the road. Tennessee will be the best "talent" we've faced so far, but hardly a quality team.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator