The problem starts at the top

How would you grade the Gators performance?

• C

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • D

Votes: 33 23.6%
  • F

Votes: 105 75.0%

• Total voters

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We all know it. Muskstank, McElstain and Mullinz, three straight mehhhhhhhhh hires. People no one in the SEC fears. Coaches that we would have laughed at if Tinerc had hired them. Guys who are mediocre at best and all flawed in most areas.

Fooley and Stricklin are cut from the same cloth. We supposedly will finally a football facility a decade or two late and still we are three years out at least.... and only after we build an empty palace for baseball.

Fooley and Stricklin arent alone in this"we arent getting in an arms race" mentality. Their plans to divert hundreds of millions of football dollars to other places arent just their ideas. Yes they are both baseball guys, but it isnt just baseball raping the football purse. However, this starts at the top.

Until it changes we are bound to continue down this path. Bammer , Clemson, OSU, and now Ugly and TAM will keep doing whatever it takes to get themselves recruiting and on the field advantages. They will hire huge numbers of recruiting staff and quality analysts to ensure they are ready. We have a half dozen.

The symptom of hiring a losing SEC who was Tinerc's seventh choice (quickly, before they did) isnt the disease. The disease is a cancer throughout the UAA.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Stricklin is a goofy former SID who has zero business running a multi-million dollar corporation.

Starkville Mediocrity. Get used to it, the new norm.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Law, you know I love your posts, but JFC, this post is as obvious as the HORSESHYT that Cousin Eddie is laying on the likes of Fat Tooley and Crucial tonite and watching them suck it up as the gospel like lap dogs!!!!!!

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We are a football program with a couple dozen leeches.

You cant let the leeches kill the host.

Can you imagine a baseball PR guy being hired to run an NFL team?

Stricklin got his guy, much like McElstain got his OC, but you live or die with these choices.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I can only think that this post by Law would set the Pumpers afire, so it made me think of the laundry list of excuses they are coming up with for what was witnessed in this game. i guess time and getting your type of players and establishing your culture is the sole reason why you send 12 guys onto the field coming out of a stoppage in play!!!!!! After a decade of brutal futility how is it possible that they continue to pump?

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
We are a football program with a couple dozen leeches.

You cant let the leeches kill the host.

Can you imagine a baseball PR guy being hired to run an NFL team?

Stricklin got his guy, much like McElstain got his OC, but you live or die with these choices.

And Cousin Eddie got Joe Lee Dunn Jr.?

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018
As I said earlier UF will need all 3 of these QBs. Franks showed last night that he still is having issues seeing the field as shown when he did not see a wide open Malik Davis in the end zone.

With the poor performance of the OL (especially Frederick Johnson at RG) I can see why Mullen felt he needed Franks's scrambling ability.

If the Offensive line problems creating running lanes continue then we have to have a QB who can see the field. Trask appears to see the field better than Franks and probably would have seen the wide open Malik Davis last night.

Last edited:

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
As I said earlier UF will need all 3 of these QBs. Franks showed last night that he still is having issues seeing the field as shown when he did not see a wide open Malik Davis in the end zone.

With the poor performance of the OL (especially Frederick Johnson at RG) I can see why Mullen felt he needed Franks's scrambling ability.

If the OL line problems creating running lanes continue then we have to have a QB who can see the field. Trask appears to see the field better than Franks and probably would have seen the wide open Malik Davis last night.

Franks will probably be pulled for performance reasons in the meat of our schedule if not sooner depending if there is anymore crazy losses. Not sure if it will help anything much this season however.

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018
Franks will probably be pulled for performance reasons in the meat of our schedule if not sooner depending if there is anymore crazy losses. Not sure if it will help anything much this season however.
This interception thing is not new for Franks. It is in his nature. You do the best you can with what you have. Franks needed to beat UK to give him free reign at QB. He lost.

Time to give the other QBS a shot. Spurrier successfully used his QB bench to motivate. I understand that Trask has no college experience but it is time to let him throw some passes and not just do run plays like game one.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

If the Offensive line problems creating running lanes continue then we have to have a QB who can see the field. Trask appears to see the field better than Franks and probably would have seen the wide open Malik Davis last night.
If Trask was QB last night KY would have had a half dozen sacks. And I just can't imagine destroying yet another QB'a psyche by throwing a freshman into the game behind that atrocious line. Ivey is a waste. Nope, we're stuck with Franks.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014

I don't believe Trask could have saved us last night or any night for that matter but I was afraid when Franks was named starter that Mullen would ride him no matter what and I was right.

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018
If Trask was QB last night KY would have had a half dozen sacks. And I just can't imagine destroying yet another QB'a psyche by throwing a freshman into the game behind that atrocious line. Ivey is a waste. Nope, we're stuck with Franks.
I am worried about winning not a QB's psyche. If Trask is going to play this is his time not later. Not so sure about your sack prediction as Trask appears to have a quicker release than Franks.

The future is likely in the two Jones QB's hands. I am more worried about their psyche than Trask's.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I am worried about winning not a QB's psyche. If Trask is going to play this is his time not later.

The future is likely in the two Jones QB's hands. I am more worried about their psyche than Trask's.
Apparently you missed the part about not wanting to destroy the "freshman's" psyche. How many highly ranked QBs have we screwed up by playing them behind a soft line only to see them transfer and flourish?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I don't think Mullen has any intention of benching Franks anytime soon. The talk of Trask or Jones right now is a waste of time.

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018
Apparently you missed the part about not wanting to destroy the "freshman's" psyche. How many highly ranked QBs have we screwed up by playing them behind a soft line only to see them transfer and flourish?
Your post specifically mentioned Trask claiming he would have been sacked 6 times and that we are stuck with Franks. I am not worried about Trask's psyche. I want Trask blended in. Putting in sporadic packages for Jones like we did for freshman Tebow won't kill Jones's psyche.

Franks showed his lack of common sense again last night when he threw short passes when the other team had gone offsides and you should go for something big on those free plays. Trask appears to have more common sense than Franks. Blend him in.

Last edited:

FlyingGator

Lifetime Member
Aug 2, 2017
I don't think Mullen has any intention of benching Franks anytime soon. The talk of Trask or Jones right now is a waste of time.

I would be OK with that if he didn't give him so many attempts to fail at passing and ran the ball a lot more with some of our other RB's when Scarlett gets jammed. If he doesn't address this before CSU the doomsayers may be more accurate than I care to believe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.