The REAL next Percy

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Not being a contrarian, but looking great in 1 to 3 highlights is different from winning game MVPs against well-drilled
top teams. My following worry is the recruiting weaknesses. A Percy Harvin is a real rarity; Watkins at Clemson was
the closest state of Florida athlete to Percy. Blistering speed, great vision, and sticky hands are required at the top echelon. Solomon Patton made some amazing escapes but was small. Gotta have the top HC and gotta have the
top athletes.

SaltGator

Founding Member
Midline
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
He burned both of those guys pretty bad. To small a sample size to label as Percy, but those were some nice jukes.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
SaltGator;n7801 said:
He burned both of those guys pretty bad. To small a sample size to label as Percy, but those were some nice jukes.

Well, I wanted to make the thread title "The next Percy?". But Ox hates punctuation in thread titles.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
rogdochar said:
Not being a contrarian, but looking great in 1 to 3 highlights is different from winning game MVPs against well-drilled
top teams. My following worry is the recruiting weaknesses. A Percy Harvin is a real rarity; Watkins at Clemson was
the closest state of Florida athlete to Percy. Blistering speed, great vision, and sticky hands are required at the top echelon. Solomon Patton made some amazing escapes but was small. Gotta have the top HC and gotta have the
top athletes.
Solomon Patton? Nice kid but he had probably 500 yards of offense in his best year? Percy could do that in one month while stoned and suspended for two games.

CJ Spiller is my vote for the closest to Percy. Those guys don't come along very often. Imagine that we almost had two on one team. (I definitely still feel like he was the one who got away and we win in 2009 if he hadn't imo.)

And I'm tired of Clemson eating our lunch. Lately, I'm tired of Clemson, Bama, Georgia, FSU, Miami, and OSU eating our lunch. There's no excuse for Florida getting only one of the top 20 kids out of Florida while those guys get 3-5. FIX IT WM OR GET SENT BACK TO UGLY!

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Percy is a once every 10-15 years player.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Too much dance here. Percy didn't have to make people completely whiff, because he had the power to run through most tackles. This allowed a north-south approach that made him so special.

sonomagator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gatorphan said:
Too much dance here. Percy didn't have to make people completely whiff, because he had the power to run through most tackles. This allowed a north-south approach that made him so special.
Yep pretty sure while he's standing there looking at the guy who missed he'd get wiped out bya lb or safety or even a dlineman trailing the play in college.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, Steve, I shake my head almost every time I watch this, too.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I never understood why, once Percy left, that Rainey couldn't do that ? Would he just jiggle the north-south stuff every time ?

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Rainey was quick and could juke anyone but he is not even close to Percy's talent level.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n7973 said:
Rainey was quick and could juke anyone but he is not even close to Percy's talent level.
Wasn't even close to as fast in pads either. Rainey got caught from behind a lot. Percy doesn't, ever.

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Percy just had that "it" factor...he could run by and through a lot of defenses that others could not...angles be damned.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think strength had a lot to do with it as well. Percy is freakishly strong.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n7996 said:
I think strength had a lot to do with it as well. Percy is freakishly strong.
True, I remember Percy running into people and they would get pushed back. Rainey couldn't move a single DB.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n7999 said:
True, I remember Percy running into people and they would get pushed back. Rainey couldn't move a single DB.
Rainey couldn't move a pinky finger.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n8002 said:
He should have thought the defenders as being women. Pretty sure he would have hit them harder then.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Percy could make that juke at full speed while Rainey couldn't match that kind of move. Although good but not Percy-esque.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n8002 said:

Does a black even have a pinky ? Does a giant have a little toe ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.