The real reason Mac took a loss on his house is no joke

If UF stinks in 2018, which would you rather see happen?

• Emory Jones gets playing time

Votes: 34 68.0%
  • Emory Jones gets redshirted

Votes: 16 32.0%

• Total voters

ppinesgator

Founding Member
aka "Biggums"
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
Being a Butters nutswinger would make this place a poor match, I must agree. We still love you and wish you the best on the Michigan boards.

Butters nutswinger? Show me one time I said anything herein about Mac. I'm not even complimenting him in this thread.

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
the real reason Mac took a loss is because he's perfectly fine with losses. good riddance to the shark humping thief.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
The simple reason he took a loss is that nobody would pay more, to think he made a deal just to help some folks is ignorant, if he wanted to do that a free house would have been a much better deal.

EyeDocGator

Politically Incorrect
Lifetime Member
Oct 26, 2015
Sellers want the highest price and buyers want the lowest price. Chances are that if anyone was willing to pay a higher price Mac would have sold. He certainly wasn't waiting for a family with disabled children to come along. Most families with disabled children are not in the market for luxury homes. This family obviously has some money and doesn't need charity. I think Mac (or his agent) is just looking for some good press.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Just a way to look at the bright side of “yet” another home loss

"I tellya what...Gatorphan...I mean here's a guy who just won the internet for today...anduhh...ya know...he get's it...and there's somethin pretty...(wide-eyed nervous nod)...pretty special about that."

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
"I tellya what...Gatorphan...I mean here's a guy who just won the internet for today...anduhh...ya know...he get's it...and there's somethin pretty...(wide-eyed nervous nod)...pretty special about that."

Argh.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Both Chief and EyeDoc are correct. The price of the house (as with anything) is worth "exactly" what some party is willing to give you for it.

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
On the surface this sounds like a very noble gesture. Just one thing. Nobody intentionally takes a 400k hit, esp one you can't write off on your tax return.

Do you suppose the flusie realtor made this up to save face? Nowhere is there a corroborating statement from Mac himself.

I know. I sound really jaded.
I immediately had the same thoughts, '78. The Staabs don't sound like they're penniless. Mac could always take a private promissory note rather than an outright loss. That would still be a tremendous help to the family if they couldn't get qualified for that amount through financing. Something doesn't add up here.

Last edited:

EyeDocGator

Politically Incorrect
Lifetime Member
Oct 26, 2015
Both Chief and EyeDoc are correct. The price of the house (as with anything) is worth "exactly" what some party is willing to give you for it.

Right, price or value is subjective. Whenever government attempts to set a price, such as wages, gold, or other commodities they always get it wrong.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Right, price or value is subjective. Whenever government attempts to set a price, such as wages, gold, or other commodities they always get it wrong.
If it's done right, it's based on per-square-foot comps and the relative condition of the home.

The question is how many comps G'ville has to offer in that price range.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016

Of course, but even if the government were to get the price exactly right today, they do not have information of the market to get it right day after day.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Were his lips quivering?

Dunder

Dec 31, 2014
Sellers want the highest price and buyers want the lowest price. Chances are that if anyone was willing to pay a higher price Mac would have sold. He certainly wasn't waiting for a family with disabled children to come along. Most families with disabled children are not in the market for luxury homes. This family obviously has some money and doesn't need charity. I think Mac (or his agent) is just looking for some good press.
You clearly didn’t read the article, which is fine, don’t read it if you don’t want to, but then don’t comment on it either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb