The Real Spring Practice Thread

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
So you conclude that based on what he says about LDR.....but he says all the same crap for Trask and Franks, even calls Toney "impressive" I provided the links before.

Fact of the matter is, some of you are willing LDR to be the starter. So much hate for Mac and Nuss (not that it isn't unfounded) that many of you will jump to irrational conclusions such as there being no way anyone other than LDR will be the starting QB.

I'm willing to place my ox bucks on the line, really for bragging rights of course, and will take anyone that wants to bet. LDR will not be the starter against Michigan....so which one of you that keeps saying LDR will be the starter wants to make the bet?

I'm just going on his history. The best predictor of future events is historical events.

I'll never forget my father telling me that. I believe that's a basic tenet that they teach at War College.

Do I hope it's Franks or Trask?

Not really. I hope it's Franks.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm just going on his history. The best predictor of future events is historical events.

I'll never forget my father telling me that. I believe that's a basic tenet that they teach at War College.

it's garbage. It's the best predictor, until it isn't, and that's the truth of it. You guys are making assumptions based on unclear coach speak. It's a joke. Take the bet if you are so confident.

Do I hope it's Franks or Trask?

Not really. I hope it's Franks.
Either is light years better than LDR, but you guys keep on wishing LDR to start....we all know why, but you're just going to have to face the fact that it isn't going to happen. LDR is preparing for a coaching career now...that's it.

Take the bet.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
So you conclude that based on what he says about LDR.....but he says all the same crap for Trask and Franks, even calls Toney "impressive" I provided the links before.

Fact of the matter is, some of you are willing LDR to be the starter. So much hate for Mac and Nuss (not that it isn't unfounded) that many of you will jump to irrational conclusions such as there being no way anyone other than LDR will be the starting QB.

I'm willing to place my ox bucks on the line, really for bragging rights of course, and will take anyone that wants to bet. LDR will not be the starter against Michigan....so which one of you that keeps saying LDR will be the starter wants to make the bet?

But Treon is gone and Trask & Franks got no NFL Daddy ??

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Either is light years better than LDR, but you guys keep on wishing LDR to start....we all know why, but you're just going to have to face the fact that it isn't going to happen. .
LDR will be starting so long as the Butters N Nusschump show are here.

I try not to pick on Little People, but you need to know.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
LDR will be starting so long as the Butters N Nusschump show are here.

I try not to pick on Little People, but you need to know.

you would know about little things every time you look in the mirror. You might be the worst lawyer in America, but I don't pick on you for it.

If you are so confident, make the bet. I've never seen so many people so confident of something yet so unwilling to take a bet for bragging rights.

I guess you want to leave an opening to change your argument down the line.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Franks has the tools and came here as a 4 star. His ex coach speaks very highly of him and is sure he will be a star here. I think he starts even though I think Trask is a better pure passer. I also think LDR is done. At least as a starter.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
it's garbage. It's the best predictor, until it isn't, and that's the truth of it. You guys are making assumptions based on unclear coach speak. It's a joke. Take the bet if you are so confident.

Either is light years better than LDR, but you guys keep on wishing LDR to start....we all know why, but you're just going to have to face the fact that it isn't going to happen. LDR is preparing for a coaching career now...that's it.

Take the bet.

Take a bet for what? I don't want him starting. I just think it's going to happen.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Take a bet for what? I don't want him starting. I just think it's going to happen.
It's not a matter if you want him starting. Your are, just as you state here, saying he will be. So if you are so confident of it, take the bet.

This isn't difficult to understand lol.

It's amazing how confident some of you are that he'll start, until you actually have to stand by that word.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Nussmeier expects him to be in contention for the job once he’s healthy.

“I do,” Nussmeier said.
Lol.

Why would he change? Some are telling him that they see progress.

Last edited:

Since65

Oct 5, 2014
I believe I am already on record with Omar as to the bet on who is starting at QB versus Michigan. I think the terms were that participants had to go a year without posting if DelRio or a grad transfer started the first game. I am willing to take that bet. I am wagering that Franks or Trask (or Toney!) will start the first game. If not, I'll take my vow of silence....and the board will be better for it!!!!!

Cutting through the coachspeak I have to believe they know that LDR is "just a guy". He is serviceable and not much more. Another year of just being average on offense will not help build the program and create job security for the coaching staff. Cut one of the RSF loose and see if they can play. If they throw 4 picks and UM romps, so be it. At least you'll know more about what you have (or don't have) at the QB position.

So, yes, I'll bet you LDR doesn't start for the Gators from this point on.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It's not a matter if you want him starting. Your are, just as you state here, saying he will be. So if you are so confident of it, take the bet.

This isn't difficult to understand lol.

It's amazing how confident some of you are that he'll start, until you actually have to stand by that word.

:headslap:

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
So you are not confident that LDR will be the starter, that conflicts with your earlier statement...again, this has nothing to do with whether or not you WANT him to be.

Come on J...I know you can read.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If LDR recovers from his surgery in time, then I agree with J he will be the starter. Reason why I believe this is the Arkansas game. LDR had no business playing in the second quarter of that game, but he was in there anyways in spite of his horrid performance and obvious inability to play. The bigger question to me is whether LDR will recover from his surgery or not when the season starts.

I had a similar surgery a couple years ago on my right shoulder. It was several months before my arm was completely back to full strength. The timeline for his return will be close. I think he will be able to practice in August (with some limitations), but I doubt that his arm strength will be back to what it was at that time last year. It very well could be into the season before his arm is at full-strength. A lot of it will depend on if he has any set-backs during his recovery or physical therapy. He will get much more medical attention than I did, so he should recover faster.

Anyways, history shows us that a weak-armed LDR is still favored by the coaches over the other QBs. Hopefully these young guys will show enough improvement so that the coaching staff will feel comfortable playing someone else over LDR as he gets his strength and timing back, and also do well enough to outright take LDR's starting job away from him.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
but I doubt that his arm strength will be back to what it was at that time last year.
So still less than half the arm strength of pretty much everyone else on the roster, :rotfl:

LDR will not be the starter, no matter how much you guys wish it.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Youve an azzhat all day long and are purposefully misreading. Did you get bad news from the Lollipop Guild?
Go ahead swampdick and tell me what I'm misreading.

It doesn't matter if any does or does not WANT him to be QB.....you are all saying he WILL be the QB.....either stand by what you're saying or stfu.

Seriously, you might be the worst lawyer of all time.

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
I don't care who the starter is as long as they are effective.

Having said that, in my opinion it would be best for the program if one of the redshirt freshman proves more than capable and leads the program for the next three seasons. That is the best case scenario.

I could also see a transfer coming in and leading the team for a season while Franks and Trask continue to mature and learn.

I also don't think LDR regaining the starting job is out of the question. I don't think it has anything to do with his father or Mac's tendencies. Given LDR's age and experience I could see him genuinely winning the position. Not due to physical traits, but simply due to composure and knowledge of the offense. I know he was ineffective most of the season. He was downright horrible at Arkansas. However, before the knee and shoulder injury he was effective against our "preseason" opponents.

Massachusetts W 24-7 29 of 44 (65.9%) for 256 yards with 2 TDs and 0 INTs, QBR 129.8
Kentucky W 45-7 19 of 32 (59.4%) for 320 yards with 4 TDs and 1 INT, QBR 178.4
North Texas W 32-0 14 of 25 (56%) for 186 with 0 TDs and 1 INT, QBR 110.5

Before the injuries he was not spectacular, but he was effective.

I agree with most on here that LDR lacks many necessary physical traits not least of which is arm strength. However, he has age, experience and familiarity with the system on his side.

Disclaimer - No Swonky, I am not saying I love LDR, I am not saying that I want him to start, I am not saying stars don't matter and rankings don't count

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.