The Real Spring Practice Thread

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
What's crazy is that the original shoulder surgery wasn't his throwing arm. I'm kinda at a loss.

I've been saying since the season ended that he will be too hurt to play again. First his mom throwing shoulder... now his throwing shoulder... I won't be surprised if they find more damage and he can't play next year

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Spring ball is a scripted play. Don't take any of it too seriously. Except major injuries,..take those seriously.

EyeDocGator

Politically Incorrect
Lifetime Member
Oct 26, 2015
He'll probably always have accuracy issues due to his mechanics being so bad. I don't think that will ever get fixed.

There was another QB with mechanics issues that couldn't get fixed. He didn't make it in the League, but he did OK playing for us.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
There was another QB with mechanics issues that couldn't get fixed. He didn't make it in the League, but he did OK playing for us.
Look, I'm not sold on Franks, at all, but he does seem to be the best option.

However, to compare him to the last two Gator QBs with mechanics issues, Wuerffel and Tebow, is damn near blasphemy.

Last edited:

Fishon

Founding Member
BANNED
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
FIFY. Bowl is consistent. He has been rooting for the third string QB since the beginning (Murphy and Provancha days).

I do like that Butters mentions that they are letting them hit him some to enforce that they have to get the ball out earlier. He also mention KT fumbling and not getting the ball out fast enough. That is just what youd expect from a kid who hasnt played football before.

Actually it seemed to me like he talked about Toney more than anyone. The answers are usually the result of the questions being asked. I would read much into for you worried that Toney is the starter.
I gave you a like for using "KT" instead of "trash" Our little lawyer is growin up so fast :clap:

NoGaGator

Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2014
If you were able to listen to the Bowl's podcast today in SEC Country, they are really high on Allen, even tho' he can't enroll until 5/8. Lots of quotes on his ability to already be able to read SE defenses thanks to advanced coaching from Kessler (something Franks never received in HS). Also many explanations as to why his last HS year wasn't adequately framed.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
No, pro days don't count. We basically had two weeks' worth of practices in the past. Thirteen sounds about right.

I'm not pulling up the rule book. That stuff is hard to read even by legalese standards.

Well, teams are allowed 15 practices (which includes the spring game)....so, not sure why we'd only have 13 practices when we could get two more days in, which is why I asked the question.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, like shorts and fastball period tell you anything whatsoever.
This is the way i see it. Even the spring game ain't gonna tell us nothin. Del rio put together the best spring game I ever saw last year. We won't know who's better until we see them play in a live game. I personally just can't get into the qb race this time around. Especially when we're actively recruiting grad transfers.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
But seriously folks. Doesnt anybody know anything about the non-maditrory mandatory practices watched over by GA's an QC's

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
This is the way i see it. Even the spring game ain't gonna tell us nothin. Del rio put together the best spring game I ever saw last year.
It's a like the bowl game, no matter how good we look, it's just the O&B and he have seen fool's gold (LDR perfect game) there before already. If we look terrible (or lose the bowl) then it's a catastrophe.

But it's where we are right now.

Last edited:

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
I just hope Mac plays 1's against 1's and 2's against 2's this year.

Don't understand why he did what he did last year. Everything set up to make LDR look good.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator