The Recruitment of Jordan Sherit

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
As for that story Garcia can't help but chuckle about each time he tells it, it happened prior to Sherit's senior season at Hillsborough, a tradition-rich program and the oldest public high school in Tampa. Sherit already had scholarship offers from more than 25 programs, including two of the big three in the Sunshine State. However, the Gators weren't impressed.

Something seemed out of whack to Garcia, who recognized Sherit as a future star as soon as he joined current Los Angeles Chargers linebacker Nigel Harris and former Alabama triple-jumper Jeremiah Green as a dominant trio for Hillsborough's junior-varsity team.

"We moved him up. We loved his motor and he had a great frame," Garcia said. "He was aggressive and, heck, also a straight-A student."

Searching for answers, Garcia called Muschamp to ask why Florida wasn't interested in Sherit, who led Hillsborough in tackles and sacks his junior season. He wanted to make sure the Gators had updated film of Sherit.

Turns out, the game film the Gators had scouted was during Sherit's sophomore season on offense, prior to a growth spurt and production boost as a defensive lineman in his junior season. Garcia's phone call quickly paid dividends.

Muschamp called Garcia back 10 minutes after they hung up to inform him the Gators were offering Sherit a scholarship.

"Every time I see Muschamp he messes with me about that,'' Garcia said.

http://floridagators.com/news/2017/7/30/scott-carter-jordan-sherit-takes-care-of-business.aspx

:facepalm: Just another feather in the hat for the Chump! :lol:

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
706620.gif

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Just another example of how much of a dumb fûck Chump and his crew were. Makes me sick to my stomach that such a failure could land any gig while the rest of us are busting our ass.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
So we kept Chump's recruiting coordinator bc he is the best in the business, huh? And we refuse to add staff to help watch the film of all these tens of thousands of high school kids?

Last edited:

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
BMF already created a thread on this article... really want Sherit to enjoy a monster year and NFL payoff next spring.

And chump is still an idiot.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
As for that story Garcia can't help but chuckle about each time he tells it, it happened prior to Sherit's senior season at Hillsborough, a tradition-rich program and the oldest public high school in Tampa. Sherit already had scholarship offers from more than 25 programs, including two of the big three in the Sunshine State. However, the Gators weren't impressed.

Turns out, the game film the Gators had scouted was during Sherit's sophomore season on offense, prior to a growth spurt and production boost as a defensive lineman in his junior season. Garcia's phone call quickly paid dividends.

http://floridagators.com/news/2017/7/30/scott-carter-jordan-sherit-takes-care-of-business.aspx

:facepalm: Just another feather in the hat for the Chump! :lol:

Mushcamp scouting report:

#42 routinely finds himself out of position, shies away from contact, has poor angle skills, and appears to take plays off. Also can't be more than 70lbs. We'll pass.

anigif_original-24340-1444243532-10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator