The rest of the basketball regular season schedule

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
UF has 8 regular season games left. They are with current Kenpom ranking in parentheses ():

@UGa, (50)
aTm, (61)
@Auburn, (79)
@Miss State, (97)
SoCar, (25)
@UK, (6)
UAR, (53)
@Vandy, (58)

There are no easy wins there and 5 of the 8 are on the road. I guess UF's most likely win left is aTm at home on Saturday. UF is currently 18-5 and 8-2 in the SEC and 7th in Kenpom ratings.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
UF has 8 regular season games left. They are with current Kenpom ranking in parentheses ():

@UGa, (50) Loss
aTm, (61) Win
@Auburn, (79) Win
@Miss State, (97) Win
SoCar, (25) Win
@UK, (6) Loss
UAR, (53) Win
@Vandy, (58) Loss

There are no easy wins there and 5 of the 8 are on the road. I guess UF's most likely win left is aTm at home on Saturday. UF is currently 18-5 and 8-2 in the SEC and 7th in Kenpom ratings.

Put my prediction in there as what I see as most likely. Hope I'm wrong starting with tonight though!

I'd be thrilled ending the season 23-8 which would get us a 4-5 seed as long as we win a game or two in the conference tourney.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Put my prediction in there as what I see as most likely. Hope I'm wrong starting with tonight though!

I'd be thrilled ending the season 23-8 which would get us a 4-5 seed as long as we win a game or two in the conference tourney.
I'd be okay with that as well, but I'd be much happier having only 2 more losses the rest of the way in regular season and making the SEC final. We need to win the games we're supposed to win. The way I see it, that's all of em but KY, but it's tough to keep up the current level of play. Go Gators!
:chomp:

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I'd be okay with that as well, but I'd be much happier having only 2 more losses the rest of the way in regular season and making the SEC final. We need to win the games we're supposed to win. The way I see it, that's all of em but KY, but it's tough to keep up the current level of play. Go Gators!
:chomp:

Yea I was trying to be conservative with the prediction and not be super biased. We could win all of them no doubt, just figure that winning 5 is a safe bet.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

@UGa, (50)
aTm, (61)
@Auburn, (79)
@Miss State, (97)
SoCar, (25)
@UK, (6)
UAR, (53)
@Vandy, (58)

@UGA - L (I am hoping we win tonight, but I think UGA is going to really come out on fire and we may have a let down)
aTm - W - this is at H possibly coming off a loss. We should win this game.
@Auburn - W - this team has been good on the road and while Auburn has been good we should win if we stay focused.
@Miss State - W - we are a better team and should win
SoCar - W - this is a huge game and the team will be pumped for this one at home
@UK - L - I don't see us beating UK at UK after the way we demolished them. They will be focused and primed for this game.
UAR - W - last home game of the year. Arkansas is not great.
@Vandy - W - this is a possible lose because it is right before the SEC tourney and the team might be looking ahead, but I think they will want revenge after losing earlier this year.

That means 6-2 and 24-7... 3 or 4 seed possibly depending how we do in the SEC tournament.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Just for fun

@UGa, (50)- Win
aTm, (61)- Win
@Auburn, (79)- Loss
@Miss State, (97)- Win
SoCar, (25)- Win
@UK, (6)- Loss
UAR, (53)- Win
@Vandy, (58)- Loss

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016

I agree at UGa is pretty tough though I am hoping someone can do what Wilbekin did there in 2014 and put the team on their back and carry them to a win tonight.

UF must beat aTm at home. UF really needs to beat SoCar at home too. The same goes for UAR. None of those home games will be gimmes though clearly SoCar seems to be the toughest.

AU and Miss State on the road are not pushovers either. AU beat a pretty good TCU team on the road in the Big12-SEC Challenge. Miss State was sliding a bit than then they beat a hot UTn team.

I think UF matches up well against UK and thought UF would win there, but then I saw the schedule. Whether they have won or lost, teams often do not do so well after games with SoCar. SoCar beats you up. UF plays UK the next game after SoCar with makes that UK game even harder.

Finally, I would love to see this group beat Vandy. There is no reason Vandy should have swept UF this year. There is no reason this group should have lost to them at home this year.

I am guessing a 6-2 finish with the loss maybe against UK and then another road slip up some place.

Last edited:

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Well we beat UGA on the road so that is a good start! NO WAY we win AT RUPP, refs won't let us on their senior day if they even have any. We don't match up well against Vandy for some reason and that game is on the road so that might be a loss. Auburn and Miss St on the road could get tricky. SC and Ark at home are both good teams so we will see. We just have to keep playing at a high level and not get worn down to end the year these last 8 games. I hope we can go 6-2 but 5-3 or even 4-4 is very possible. We will be in the NCAA Tourney regardless. Go Gators!!

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think we win them all, win the SEC Tourney, Win the National Championship!

I've seen the light.... :brad:

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Nailed that one. :captain:
self-five.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.