The secret history of the SEC chant

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
So you have forgotten back to back NCs in bball, two NCs in football and the many other accomplishments of Gator sports? I seem to remember a baseball team recently as well.
Those are Gator accomplishments. I don’t celebrate when the Dwags, Voles, Bammers and Barners win. Nor the Corndogs, Cawks, Cats or Ags.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Those are Gator accomplishments. I don’t celebrate when the Dwags, Voles, Bammers and Barners win. Nor the Corndogs, Cawks, Cats or Ags.

Neither do I apparently I misunderstood you.

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
Speaking of disinformation...your T REX looks more like a Velociraptor than a Tyrannosaur Rex.
T Rex's are too big for suits. That's why the Illuminati use Raptors. It's to blend in. But then, you already knew that - DIDN'T YOU!?

weirdalfoil_2322.jpg

Dunder

Dec 31, 2014
I’m not buying the Arkansas claim. They haven’t had any influence on the conference culture whatsoever. They’ve simply become the SC of the west.

I remember chanting it in 1984 when we THOUGHT we had a chance to win the conference for the first time, and certainly in the early 1990s when we did clinch it at home. I assume other programs did that as well.

I suspect it took off as a conference-pride chant with the advent of the SECCG. I’ve been to 3 (1993, 1994 & 1995). At that point it became common to hear our opponents wishing us well as we represented the conference in our bowl.

Kind of like Celtics fans chanting “BEAT LA” when they’d lost the eastern conference finals.
Conversely, Piston fans chanted “Let’s go Lakers” when they lost to the Bulls. It didn’t work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.