The start of an OSU Dynasty?

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We all know OSU doesn't play the toughest competition in the weak Big10 so could this be the start of an OSU Dynasty where they are in the playoffs every single year?? Urban Meyer has only lost 3 games since coming to OSU so that shows you that he has been getting it done. They beat one SEC team with a crap defense so now they have all the confidence that they can beat anybody and everybody so we will see.

KCgator

Superhero
Sep 7, 2014
Please stop with the weak competition crap. It has been proven that the other conferences have caught up to the SEC. Meyer is building a beast of a program at OSU. His biggest threat comes from Harbaugh at Meatchicken. He won a NC with his freaking 3RD STRING QB!

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
While Saban is currently the best coach in the land and has built a dynasty at Alabama in the country's strongest conference, I wouldn't be surprised now if Meyer surpasses him at some point, and some point soon. When Meyer first went to OSU I thought he was a shell of a coach of the guy he was at Florida and was going to finish his career at Ohio St on cruise control. He has obviously proved that wrong with pulling off 3 12+ win seasons and winning the first college football playoff. All while beating his nemesis and the SEC's top team, with his 3rd string QB.

Next year will be the key though. It was 2009 that did him in when all the eyes were on him and he was expected to win. That is the pressure that ate him up inside and turned him into a 9 year girl. It sucked the joy of winning out of it for him and made him quit, twice. If he can survive it now and still be the coach he was this year, then year he can turn Ohio St into a dynasty. It would be in the hardest period college football history, the playoff age.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If ALL conferences have caught up to the SEC then why didn't they send 12 teams to bowl games like the SEC??

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The playoffs end the weak competition excuse. Come playoff time, you are playing against strong competition (unless you are playing against fsucks).

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
The current OSU team is very young and I don't think many guys if any will leave early. It's hard to repeat (see 2009), but I think it's certainly possible for OSU. It also seems as though Meyer is getting top talent to come to OSU (top RB for 2016 committed yesterday).

I could see a dynasty, but Bama will be back and so will Oregon and other teams.

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Jbossgator8;n150111 said:
If ALL conferences have caught up to the SEC then why didn't they send 12 teams to bowl games like the SEC??

He didn't say all conferences. Maybe the SEC is still the best conference, but it is sure hard to make that argument when they haven't had the best team in the land 2 years in a row. Our bowl record against the SEC was simply terrible and overall it was mediocre compared to years past. Maybe the SEC is the best, but it is closer than its ever been and there isn't enough of a difference to really even bother arguing it.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Let's see him win 1-2 more in a row before we start talking dynasty. Big Mac's gonna lift up the mighty Gators again and we'll show those big10 weaklings how to be a dynasty!

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
They have a grand total of two games on their schedule next fall, bookends, start the season at VT, end the season at Michigan. Any other so-called game of note is at home.

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
They looked powerful last night on both sides of the ball and overcame several turnovers. Being an emotional game, it is difficult to sustain success, but they definitely have a shot.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Too early to tell... if they win two then there is a conversation.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
This conversation always cracks me up. A team wins one title and all of a sudden there is a dynasty in the making and nobody will ever beat them again. It takes 3 titles in a 5 year span to be a dynasty IMO. Good luck with that OSU :rolleyes:

Dec 10, 2014
Ray Finkle;n150154 said:
This conversation always cracks me up. A team wins one title and all of a sudden there is a dynasty in the making and nobody will ever beat them again. It takes 3 titles in a 5 year span to be a dynasty IMO. Good luck with that OSU :rolleyes:

Our culture just always has to define things. It always has to place things. Nothing can just happen and you take time to gain perspective and what not. It's really annoying, and you can thank the national media for it.

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Meyer is one of the two best coaches in college football currently and the only one better is being discussed as one of the best coaches in history. Yet, some of you seem to think its ridiculous that he could build a dynasty there after just winning the first playoff (rather easily I might add) with his 3rd string QB?

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Not that it matters that much, but did we even recruit Bosa out of high school?

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
[video=youtube;gutCFMc5khY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gutCFMc5khY[/video]

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Born2beagator;n150207 said:
No, for one reason. Harbaugh. Michigan will be revived within 2 years I think

Harbaugh had one good season at Stanford and didn't even win his conference that year. I wouldn't go rushing to put all your eggs in his basket just yet.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
G 2;n150213 said:
Harbaugh had one good season at Stanford and didn't even win his conference that year. I wouldn't go rushing to put all your eggs in his basket just yet.

Harbaugh has won wherever he's been. They are cut from the same cloth. It will make for some great football. Put those eggs in that basket.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.