MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
3oz8xLd9DJq2l2VFtu.gif

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
this thread is amusing, but its existence is emblematic with what is wrong with our country and how it has changed for the worse over the past 30 years.
People crying about others being mean to them or being offended by differences in how opinions are presented would have been met with the appropriate ribbing and scorn and rightfully so. We have become a watered down PC society and that's the genesis of where we are and why millenials are the way they are.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I wanted to respond to this. For some people, a pumper-only board is what they would like to be a part of, and there's nothing wrong with that. There are other boards that suppress negativism of the program. While I hate to lose anyone, I would encourage them to try those boards. The entire point of these boards is to enjoy yourself, and if you hate the tone here there's no reason to visit.

Saying that, Gatorchatter will never be like that. The GSMB wasn't like that either. I am not offended in the least by someone who decides it's just not their cup of tea.

At least he didn't threaten to kill people for their negativity before leaving like sonomagator did (I think that was his name anyway). :lol:

As far as a pumper subforum why would he think a place would ever create that when you have places like swampgas that wont tolerate hardly any negativity at all.

Last edited:

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I think they have tuned out those people (message boards) that act like the team is supposed to provide the fans 10 wins and top five recruiting classes.
I think this poster will probably be much happier on another board.

WDWHA

Loogis

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
I was a long time lurker on the origins of this board back when it was under the Gatorsports page. Way back when Zook was the head coach. I followed Ox over here and became more than a lurker.

I've been a Gator fan since the early 80s. My parents were long time Gators, so I had the historical context as well personally witnessing the Pell good years through Darnell holding the pieces together before Spurrier took over.

I say all of that to say I don't mind the negativity. It's cyclic and our time will come. I've seen it ebb and flow three times now. I would be labeled a pumper I suppose, because I believe in the people hired. I thought Zook wasn't that bad of a coach, and I believed in Muschamp until he lost the team, and that happens. A head coach is as good as his assistants, and Muschamp's early success came from Dan Quinn.

Anyway, back to the negativity. Some threads get dumb or carried away and I simply quit reading it. Too easy. As far as the personal attacks goes, it's not about being thick-skinned, it's giving the poster the benefit of doubt that maybe the tone was misread. Don't assume all posts are malicious. If someone still insists to carry out the attacks then screw 'em. Quit reading.

Just my .02. Thanks Ox for an awesome site. It's part of my daily "battle rhythm" and I would be lost without it.

UF Gator

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2016
What is this my second post, I was about to stop reading as it is to much work to sift the the negative to find real info.

The problem isn't that the negative exists its that the negative is in and derails every single thread. Most of the negative was interesting and informative the first time I saw it the 400th time its just $%)&(#%&#_%.

Want to talk X's and O' about something or just read someone else's thoughts and within a few posts its how our coach sucks,Foley sucks, everything sucks, personal attacks against posters, players, coaches. You cant have a descent conversion or read one in my case with out a bunch of off topic everything sucks posts.

You don't need to express you negative opinions over and over again in every thread. We get it your mad, a lot of us are but we don't need to have it shoved down our throats.

Ox
Ill see how this plays out before I head out. If this was a sneaky way to get more clicks in the off season then well done Sir.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
So, to ATX's post: it is not Ox or the mods who drive conversation. I would consider Ox and myself to be relatively middle of the road but definitely less "pumper-ish". Urg and Navet definitely much more "pumper-ish". Thus pretty much split in half. But again, it is not us who drive the mood of the board. It is you all as users. You create the environment. You create the culture. And whenever someone goes way over the top it's noticed - and discussions happen.

Just for the record... what you are saying is exactly what I was saying. It is upon us the members to create the culture and those of us who want less negative have to get in the game and provide those posts to change the culture. I wasn't looking to the mods for anything.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Just for the record... what you are saying is exactly what I was saying. It is upon us the members to create the culture and those of us who want less negative have to get in the game and provide those posts to change the culture. I wasn't looking to the mods for anything.

I know. I was lauding your post.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
What is this my second post, I was about to stop reading as it is to much work to sift the the negative to find real info.

The problem isn't that the negative exists its that the negative is in and derails every single thread. Most of the negative was interesting and informative the first time I saw it the 400th time its just $%)&(#%&#_%.

Want to talk X's and O' about something or just read someone else's thoughts and within a few posts its how our coach sucks,Foley sucks, everything sucks, personal attacks against posters, players, coaches. You cant have a descent conversion or read one in my case with out a bunch of off topic everything sucks posts.

You don't need to express you negative opinions over and over again in every thread. We get it your mad, a lot of us are but we don't need to have it shoved down our throats.

Ox
Ill see how this plays out before I head out. If this was a sneaky way to get more clicks in the off season then well done Sir.
Please stay. You'll be happy you did.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Is it Spring Break yet? I think it's Spring Break. And I think we're all pumpers when it comes to the Gators on Spring Break.

fla454.jpg

Gators1.jpg

Gators_girls.jpg

Alex.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member

Ox

There is more info here than on any other site.--Fact. Not just about Gator sports, but life in general. It is my one stop shop for just about anything. Seriously. In one visit I can laugh, cry, scowl, and sometimes drop a deuce. I rarely click on any other site. If Ox only had a scoreboard, or ticker of some sort, I'd never have to leave.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
There is more info here than on any other site.--Fact. Not just about Gator sports, but life in general. It is my one stop shop for just about anything. Seriously. In one visit I can laugh, cry, scowl, and sometimes drop a deuce. I rarely click on any other site. If Ox only had a scoreboard, or ticker of some sort, I'd never have to leave.
I'll bet there is an add on for that :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.