The TENNESSEE You Must Confront on October 4, 2014

Alvin York

Founding Member
Ultimate Gator Nemesis
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I was mesmerized by the Volunteers'' superb team effort and electrified by the Neyland crowd. It was like a Super Bowl atmosphere when Tennessee crushed Utah State on the SEC Network televised game. Offense, Defense, quarterback, receivers, DB's, linebackers, offensive and defensive lines were all in sync and executing their respective jobs. I can't put into words what a morale booster this game was for the long suffering Vol fans and payers. Without a doubt it was the most dynamic opening game for the Tennessee Volunteers in over a decade.

Can you tell?

I'm stoked.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I really like barbeque.

What is your favorite?

Alvin York

Founding Member
Ultimate Gator Nemesis
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n39438 said:
I really like barbeque.

What is your favorite?

I don't eat pork but my favorite barbeque chicken is waiting at the Rendezvous here in Memphis, the best Bar B Q in the world

Why am I not surprised that Law Dawg is the "first responder" to my thread.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Chopped pork. Some of the best in NC and the country in this area. Families fight over Eastern NC and Western NC types of 'cue. I like 'em both.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Dude, it was Utah State. You'll be lucky to win a single SEC game.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
oxrageous;n39467 said:
Dude, it was Utah State. You'll be lucky to win a single SEC game.

A Utah State team that many analysts picked to win and said would be a good team. I don't watch them and know nothing about them. If they are right, Tenn. dominated a quality team. We'll find out. Personally, I was impressed.

Alvin York

Founding Member
Ultimate Gator Nemesis
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I"m too jaded to get too overexcited about this game but It was a genuine thrill to see Tennessee winning robustly in Neyland Stadium before the home folks. Certainly this is an indicator of better things to come compared to last year's under performing team that even suffered the humiliation of losing to an absolutely terrible 4-8 Florida. I believe you realize this is not the Tennessee you've come to know the last 8-10 years.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
In over a decade? Tennessee blew out an nc state team that was supposed to be good and a Cincincati team that was supposed to be good. Funny thing about that cinci team it was coached by none other than butch Jones.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Alvin York;n39493 said:
I"m too jaded to get too overexcited about this game but It was a genuine thrill to see Tennessee winning robustly in Neyland Stadium before the home folks. Certainly this is an indicator of better things to come compared to last year's under performing team that even suffered the humiliation of losing to an absolutely terrible 4-8 Florida. I believe you realize this is not the Tennessee you've come to know the last 8-10 years.

I watched some if it. Tennessee is still at least at least a year away from threatening most of the better teams in the SEC imo. There is some young talent there but I don't see your run game doing much in SEC play this season.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Tinercee been down so long, anything looks like up, to them. Smoke them paregoric Pall Malls, Dork.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Hey Dumbazz, you all are right on track!

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
gardnerwebbalumnigator;n39462 said:
Chopped pork. Some of the best in NC and the country in this area. Families fight over Eastern NC and Western NC types of 'cue. I like 'em both.

It's a rare occasion that I've found NC style bbq that tasted good. It usually tastes like their main ingredient is elmer's glue. Maybe it's too much vinegar, I'm not sure. Sonny's sweet BBQ sauce is my favorite, but any type of deep south sweet sauce usually does the trick. I bought the big jug of Sonny's sweet sauce before returning back to ohio - it really helps keep my sanity up here in yankee food wasteland.

Alvin York

Founding Member
Ultimate Gator Nemesis
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
CGgater;n39538 said:
It's a rare occasion that I've found NC style bbq that tasted good. It usually tastes like their main ingredient is elmer's glue. Maybe it's too much vinegar, I'm not sure. Sonny's sweet BBQ sauce is my favorite, but any type of deep south sweet sauce usually does the trick. I bought the big jug of Sonny's sweet sauce before returning back to ohio - it really helps keep my sanity up here in yankee food wasteland.

North Carolina has its legions of barbecue fans along with the famous Kansas City and Texas barbecue but if any of them are going to go up against Memphis especially the Rendezvous, good luck to you.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Alvin York said:
CGgater;n39538 said:

North Carolina has its legions of barbecue fans along with the famous Kansas City and Texas barbecue but if any of them are going to go up against Memphis especially the Rendezvous, good luck to you.
The Rendezvous is good, but it's not the best BBQ in Memphis.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
CGgater;n39538 said:

Yep, up here in the Carolinas BBQ means vinegar and lots of it. I much prefer the Sonny's sweet sauce and thank god Sams has it up here.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
NavetG8r;n39581 said:
Yep, up here in the Carolinas BBQ means vinegar and lots of it. I much prefer the Sonny's sweet sauce and thank god Sams has it up here.

Nice! I'll have to check Sams up here, but I won't hold my breath. I hear you can order online from Sonny's, too.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n39581 said:

Vinegar BBQ sucks.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
CGgater;n39587 said:
Nice! I'll have to check Sams up here, but I won't hold my breath. I hear you can order online from Sonny's, too.

Don't they have Sweet Baby Ray everywhere?

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Hopefully, we'll be as stoked as you, Dork, when we actually see our team's mechanics. All we have is promises that something new has evolved from the ashes of last season. We need to be tuned up before the trek to Knox-vegas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb