The top scoring play-callers over the last 4 years

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
in '14 you still had Richt, Spurrier and Miles. Sumlin was only 1-2 years removed from 11 wins. Ole Miss looked good. Franklin was considered to be a good coach.

Just losing Franklin, Miles, SOS and Richt changes the whole dynamic. Les, Steve and Mark combined for 496 wins.

You don't easily replace that.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
Best Coaches ACC, best overall talent SEC...

The problem is that coaching wise, it's Saban and a bunch of nobodies....

ACC has top to bottom better coaches and the talent level isn't too much lower than SEC.

Big 10, 1 great coach, 3 good coaches, and right now a bunch of also rans

Pac12 has a bunch of middling coaches and talent

Big12, also a bunch of middling coaches.

I have to disagree with you on the coaches; IMO Big 10 has the best now..

ACC you have Dabo and Bimbo in tier 1...Petrino and richt in tier 2 then a bunch of 'meh' coaches

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I have to disagree with you on the coaches; IMO Big 10 has the best now..

ACC you have Dabo and Bimbo in tier 1...Petrino and richt in tier 2 then a bunch of 'meh' coaches

Totally disagree...Fedora, Fuente...even Cutcliffe. Hell, Paul Johnson isn't bad. That's eight right there with your named guys. Big?? is top heavy. If Fleck wins that division I may change my tune.

I forgot about Narduzzi and Babers. The ACC is stacked.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Totally disagree...Fedora, Fuente...even Cutcliffe. Hell, Paul Johnson isn't bad. That's eight right there with your named guys. Big?? is top heavy. If Fleck wins that division I may change my tune.

Richt is behind all of those.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Richt is behind all of those.
Richt looks tired to me. While he was never "great" he was until 4 or 5 years ago better than average....I guess he's getting long in the tooth or the stink of being in the SEC east from 2010 to 2015 has followed him...I doubt he coaches more than maybe 2 more years.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Fleck has to win to begin with at the P5 level.... he still is an unknown.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Richt looks tired to me. While he was never "great" he was until 4 or 5 years ago better than average....I guess he's getting long in the tooth or the stink of being in the SEC east from 2010 to 2015 has followed him...I doubt he coaches more than maybe 2 more years.

I think Richt stays at least 5 more years there. He's gotten his second wind and "has something to prove" after UGA booted him. He's always recruited well (at FSU, UGA, and now at Miami). So he'll bring Miami's talent level right up there w/ the top 10 teams in the country. I'm not saying he wins a Natty, but I wouldn't write him off just yet. He currently has the #1 ranked 2018 class, which likely ends up a top 5. Sometimes change is good for coaches (look at Tom Coughlin after he left Jacksonville).

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Fleck has to win to begin with at the P5 level.... he still is an unknown.

I still can't believe Fleck took that job. Could be a career killer....or make him a ton of money somewhere else (if he wins there).

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I still can't believe Fleck took that job. Could be a career killer....or make him a ton of money somewhere else (if he wins there).

If Fleck does well there and just gets them to 8/9 wins over a few seasons, he has made some money. If not, then he is just a above average to good coach at best, and not special. A special coach can change a culture.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator