The truth behind why Grimes transferred to UF

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Guys, I wouldn't have a hard time believing that an Urchin Meyer coached team somehow had an altercation between a WR and Asst. coach...I mean history does usually repeat itself.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I must admit I wondered why OSU didnt fight this. They didnt object to his request for records. They have in the past w transfers that werent graduates.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Guys, I wouldn't have a hard time believing that an Urchin Meyer coached team somehow had an altercation between a WR and Asst. coach...I mean history does usually repeat itself.
yeah but it's usually the kid having the roid rage and not the coach.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
"Leah Grimes issued this statement for the story.

Coach Urban Meyer has been a good friend to both me and Trevon during this entire process, and to accuse him of misconduct in this case is unfair as well. He tried to help any way he could, including referring me to doctors at Ohio State he thought could help. If my ex-husband is the person spreading these rumors, everyone should know that neither I nor Trevon have any contact with him whatsoever. He knows nothing about my health and nothing about Trevon’s transfer to UF. He is an abuser and the worst kind of role model, and he is no longer in Trevon’s life."

Ohio State players refute claim around transfer of Trevon Grimes: Doug Lesmerises

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
"Leah Grimes issued this statement for the story.

Coach Urban Meyer has been a good friend to both me and Trevon during this entire process, and to accuse him of misconduct in this case is unfair as well. He tried to help any way he could, including referring me to doctors at Ohio State he thought could help. If my ex-husband is the person spreading these rumors, everyone should know that neither I nor Trevon have any contact with him whatsoever. He knows nothing about my health and nothing about Trevon’s transfer to UF. He is an abuser and the worst kind of role model, and he is no longer in Trevon’s life."

Ohio State players refute claim around transfer of Trevon Grimes: Doug Lesmerises

Dayum

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
While reading the beginning of the story all I could think was Zach Smith’s a jackoff. By the time I got to the end of the story I had forgotten all about Zach and thought to myself that Grimes’ parents, especially his mom, are special kind of dirtbags.

The Lateral Move

Oct 9, 2018
I have to think there is some truth to this. If you read McMurphy's original article is has some semi-compelling things in it like the flight from Ohio to Fort Lauderdale that cost the school over $20,000 for Meyer, Smith etc. to come talk to Trevon and his mother.

I wouldn't be that surprised at all if they worked out some kind of deal wherein Trevon agrees not to go public in exchange for the hardship waiver and the ability to transfer anywhere.

Tay Bang

I might have been mean to Byrd
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018
I have to think there is some truth to this. If you read McMurphy's original article is has some semi-compelling things in it like the flight from Ohio to Fort Lauderdale that cost the school over $20,000 for Meyer, Smith etc. to come talk to Trevon and his mother.

I wouldn't be that surprised at all if they worked out some kind of deal wherein Trevon agrees not to go public in exchange for the hardship waiver and the ability to transfer anywhere.

If you are correct, some of that $20k expense was cash in a gym bag that stayed in Ft. Lauderdale.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
McMurphry right now is a bit like Julian Assange. Like him or not, until he gets proven wrong once, you have to listen to him, right?

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
McMurphry right now is a bit like Julian Assange. Like him or not, until he gets proven wrong once, you have to listen to him, right?
I think if Urban wasn’t such a pathological liar, the story goes nowhere. But yet...he’s a pathological liar.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Smith got into an altercation last season, which resulted with Smith calling the freshman wide receiver a "bit** a** ni****."

‘I should have never recruited you.’ And then Trevon said something to Zach about him messing around with college girls," McMurphy wrote.

"Three of Grimes’ current Florida teammates, who would only talk on the condition of anonymity, said that Grimes has told them about the altercation in practice at Ohio State and Smith’s alleged use of the N-word," McMurphy wrote.

:dubster:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I cant be the only person surprised that there is another middle aged man named Le'Bron.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Zach Smith: “I’ve never said that word (N-word) in my entire life. I’ve never been in a fight with a player in my life. Never. That never happened.”

:rolleyes4:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
On Nov. 2, 2018 after Leah Grimes contacted Ohio State, Buckeyes Athletic Director Gene Smith reached out to Stadium. He said the use of the N-word in Ohio State’s program “doesn’t exist. Urban doesn’t allow that.”

:harvey2:

Gene Smith is still employed?

He needs to find away to avoid being interviewed. He is as bad as Zach Smith.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Four days later, through OSU spokesman Jerry Emig, the school now admitted there was an “interaction” between Zach Smith and Grimes. Emig’s statement: “The university initiated a series of interviews over the last four days with players and staff who witnessed the interaction. No one corroborated that there was a physical altercation or that there was racially offensive language used.”

:mac:

An interaction. I'm sure there were thousands of interactions. Is this really the best they can come up with? Sounds even more guilty than before.

The school admits there was an interaction between Grimes and excoach Zach Smith.

I wonder if Grimes was hitting on one of Zach's college age side pieces.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Eli Goins, a senior wide receiver at Ohio State last season, said he witnessed the altercation at practice that players had to “break up” but did not hear Smith use the N-word: “Coach Smith might have said something that pissed off Tre about his previous route. He was always known for saying s – – -, you had to have tough skin.

“It didn’t get like they were throwing punches, but we did have to break them up,” Goins said. “He curses and uses profanity, but he never took it to that level with me. He knew his boundaries.”

Such guilty language. Why quantify? It isn't in the question.

Q: Have you ever beaten your on of your wives?

A: Ive never beaten my ex-wife.

It's simply not a denial. Are journalists trained anymore? Do they even listen? Make follow up questions?

It also isn't an "interaction". LOL. That tool bag lawyer must have gone to Capital or someother shopping plaza law school. Guilty language everywhere.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Nearly three months ago, Stadium submitted another public records request with the school, seeking text messages from Meyer and Director of Football Operations Brian Voltolini relating to “Zach Smith, Trevon Grimes, Leah Grimes, N-word and fight.” Ohio State’s university communications office has not fulfilled that request.

:burn:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.