The truth behind why Grimes transferred to UF

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
McMurphy is a mud slinger. I’m sure there’s some truth here but he’s doing is damnest to take down UM, even if that means going after people’s medical records.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Coaches and players throwing down and cussing each other out is not unheard of.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Granddaddy Earl Bruce said in his day you got to call them uppity black people whatever you wanted.

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
Looks like urban graduated from banging coeds to banging reporters wives the way McMurphy is coming after him. Kinda odd he put this out there when the only "witness" was in Florida at the time of the altercation and every person there said it didn't happen. Talk radio last night said urban and osu were filing a defamation lawsuit against Brett.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He said/he said. Until another player on the field that day comes forward publicly to back Grimes, I doubt this goes anywhere.

g8tr72

Lifetime Member
Jun 8, 2016
He said/he said. Until another player on the field that day comes forward publicly to back Grimes, I doubt this goes anywhere.

I don't know what happened.

But if it in fact happened, I seriously doubt any player would come forward to confirm this incident because the consequences to that player would be severe.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Grimes is a Gator, Urbs is, well, Urbs. Nothing to see.

The Lateral Move

Oct 9, 2018
Eli Goins, a senior wide receiver at Ohio State last season, said he witnessed the altercation at practice that players had to “break up” but did not hear Smith use the N-word: “Coach Smith might have said something that pissed off Tre about his previous route. He was always known for saying s – – -, you had to have tough skin.

“It didn’t get like they were throwing punches, but we did have to break them up,” Goins said. “He curses and uses profanity, but he never took it to that level with me. He knew his boundaries.”

Such guilty language. Why quantify? It isn't in the question.

Q: Have you ever beaten your on of your wives?

A: Ive never beaten my ex-wife.

It's simply not a denial. Are journalists trained anymore? Do they even listen? Make follow up questions?

It also isn't an "interaction". LOL. That tool bag lawyer must have gone to Capital or someother shopping plaza law school. Guilty language everywhere.

Very good points. I didn't think of this when I read it

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
I said this in the original Zach Smith thread. Brett was snooping around asking questions at OSU and Urban pulled some strings and had him fired. The guy gets more scoops than anyone in that profession. It's the only explanation for Brett giving Urbs a taste of his own brand of relentless effort.

Last edited:

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Looks like urban graduated from banging coeds to banging reporters wives the way McMurphy is coming after him. Kinda odd he put this out there when the only "witness" was in Florida at the time of the altercation and every person there said it didn't happen. Talk radio last night said urban and osu were filing a defamation lawsuit against Brett.

I really doubt Urbs/OSU file a defamation case. That would subject them to discovery and depositions that may well uncover and expose some really embarrassing information. Also, how does OSU explain away their own records & notes from the plane flight that reference “the n word” that was uncovered by a FOIA request?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Donkey has UDS, every time anything Urban is mentioned he goes scorched earth.
Yes and he's far from the only one. You'd think Meyer slept with some of these guys wives instead of filling an entire trophy case for the Florida Gators.

Tay Bang

I might have been mean to Byrd
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018
Yes and he's far from the only one. You'd think Meyer slept with some of these guys wives instead of filling an entire trophy case for the Florida Gators.

Yep! Look at the subject and comment drawing my second dislike ever on Gator Chatter:
IMG_1248.JPG

No Friends probably only beat Donk by a few seconds.

Last edited:

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I've never heard of the media outlet McMurphy represents. Definitely not a major one. You wonder how willing they are to take a chance in order to get the name out. Everyone else is just copying and pasting while they stick their neck way out.

I really, really disike the practice of using anonymous sources.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.