The Urban Meyer of now is a better coach

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I forgot, Hernandez was a great guy in Conn and Gainesville, spent his time visiting kids in the hospital and working in the big brother program. It's too bad about his unexpected mental break,

On Sept. 30, 2007, around 2:20 a.m., Gainesville residents Randall Cason, Justin Glass and Corey Smith were driving in a 1997 white Ford Crown Victoria after leaving the popular club The Venue, according to GPD records.

Records show Cason and his friends got into an altercation with a group of University of Florida football players at some point during the night.

Cason told police a black Chevy Tahoe pulled up behind the vehicle he was riding in while at a red light on West University Avenue. He said two men then stepped out of the Tahoe.

One man, he identified as Nelson, who had recently been drafted by the Jacksonville Jaguars. The other, Cason said, was a large, muscular, “Hawaiian” or “Hispanic” man with “lots of tattoos.”

The “Hawaiian” man, Cason said, pulled out a gun and fired four to five shots into the passenger side of the Crown Victoria, records show.

This was Meyer’s fault? Why wasn’t he arrested for the crime? I guess Belichick is to blame for the actual murder AH was convicted of? Give me a fuggin break.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
And what's your point?
I was wondering this myself. Unless someone is saying that Meyer knew about these violent crimes and did nothing, then I don't know what the point is.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I was wondering this myself. Unless someone is saying that Meyer knew about these violent crimes and did nothing, then I don't know what the point is.
He should’ve known. He should know everything.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
There's also this narrative that Meyer did nothing but recruit thugs and hooligans. These were 4 and 5 star players that were sought after by every other major program.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'd take the Meyer years back any day...what a ride that was. I enjoyed the Spurrier years more but damn UF football used to be fun

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Meyer broke a 71 year streak OSU had of not giving up 50 points in a game. Clearly he’s better now than he was when he was here.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

I'm not clear the source of LA's information since it wasn't linked. I'd heard of this episode previously, though I don't recall to what extent authorities were involved if at all.

I seem to also recall Meyer supposedly knew Hernandez was involved but failed to own up to it. Again, was there attribution? Not sure.

He recruited football players, the best he could find anywhere in the country. You're going to get some losers along the way, it's inevitable. You handle the spillage the best you can.

What I can't get over is how popular it is to take shots at the man 10 years after the fact. Where was our sense of principle back then?

GBHOR

Its Not Awful
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
He's not recruiting here anymore, he's not winning here anymore, wouldn't change his years here, but he's not here so eff him and the bucknuts

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Meyer broke a 71 year streak OSU had of not giving up 50 points in a game. Clearly he’s better now than he was when he was here.
No doubt, OSU should fire him - with cause. That drops his winning % there to something like .940. Awful.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
55-24! To Iowa? Jeebus, that's going to be an esophagus problem tonight.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Do you really think he gets that worked up anymore? I don't.
I would think having like maybe 70 mil in the bank would change your attitude some.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Most ever scored on Meyer. Lots of grumblings by OSU fans. I thought we were the only ones. LOL.

He's one of the greatest coaches of all-time but I think he pushed himself too hard at times which leads to burnout.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I would think having like maybe 70 mil in the bank would change your attitude some.

Reaches a point where I don't think that matters either way. We never learn anything by being perfect. Meyer made a lot of mistakes over the final 12-18 months here. I think he's learned from it.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Most ever scored on Meyer. Lots of grumblings by OSU fans. I thought we were the only ones. LOL.

He's one of the greatest coaches of all-time but I think he pushed himself too hard at times which leads to burnout.
Posu fans are some of the worst fans i have ever encountered...2nd only to fsu. If anyone thinks UF fans are worst in the college go hang around some of those *******s.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
And what's your point?
I don't know, Meyer was kind of a prick and it ended badly?

The SEC and national Championship games under Meyer were some of my favorite games ever, only bested by the first NCG against SOW. Tebow is definitely my favorite Gator of all time so I'll give Meyer credit for those games and bringing us Tebow, even if he did let the inmates (and murderer) run the asylum.

I think I'm just in a crappy mood because we are a total disaster. Ox told us we had hit bottom, but I'm starting to think we still have a ways to go at the hands of Chump and Dumbo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator