The Urban Meyer of now is a better coach

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
80 thousand people watching you on an island trying to keep the opposing WR in check but stils having come up and lay a lick on a 220lb rb if he breaks free. Not only 80k watching live but millions watching on TV. And your position coach and team mates depending on you to not fck up...............nah, no pressure at all Augie. Now explain how your parents put all uf fans to shame.........not sure what that means..........they are great fans...........they smoke pot............they run a small restaurant in Davie Fla and sent you to private schools where you learned to debate various things like football and politics and criminal athletes.............
Coach, this is not about Hernandez's poor judgment. This is about Urban's decisions and how they impact Florida's situation today.

Coach, you may be loosing it. Do you doubt your parents put the UF fans to shame on watching your 'moves' and providing feedback? My parents watched my every move and let me know when I got out of line (made poor decisions) and when I did poor in Football, Basketball, Baseball, school, church....you name it.

Today, I have to worry about making good decisions so 80K people dont go hungry...depend upon feeding themselves and their families. That is a little stressful. I imagine you have some stress so you don't cause a Hernandez. Do you need pot to take the edge off?

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
I dont see the connection between my upbringing, what I do now and a 20 year old in the position I spoke about. Im not talking about Hernandez. Im talking about that great corner Champ ran off cause he kept testing for pot. He is making millions in the nfl now. btw i dont smoke pot and never played under the pressure these kids play under........I guess my stress is keeping 200 hundred kids safe while under my care each day...........and happy and healthy and learning among other things............

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
This is about Urban's decisions and how they impact Florida's situation today.
The impact today is absolutely ZERO. 0%. The failure of the program today is solely on Will Muschamp and Jim McElwain, and of course the lazy, gullible guy who brought both of them in. It's been seven seasons for God's sake.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
In complete and total fairness, a 17 year old should lawyer up while speaking to police 100% of the time.
He wouldn't even talk to the cops with his lawyer. Refused to even talk with them or be interviewed.

After people started looking at the Gainesville shooting again the GPD came out and said that they had cleared Hernandez of the shooting and wouldn't give details other than to say the shooter was a black man. Yet they initially refused to release the incident report (why?) saying that they did a "thorough" investigation. But a clerk apparently accidentally released the report and that's how we found out about the "Hawaiian" guy and the witness' report.

And no one supposedly knows where the whole "Hawaiian' guy description came from. I guess the guy just made up his detailed description from thin air. The fact that the shooting fits the MO of Hernandez's other shootings pretty much to a "T" is just one big quinky dink I guess. And yet, after a "thorough" investigation, to this day the shooting remains unsolved.

o_O

Last edited:

divits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Finally a voice reason. Hernandez was not our fault. He made his choices. Had our LEOs or court system done its job maybe he is run off from here. Then what? Why is anyone surprised when high end athletes , prob using some roids, go all crazy and violent? It is a violent game. It is like military coming home. Now we all behave nicely and just turn off our hit or be hit. Kill or be killed way of life. This why I thought that pot smoking corner we had who was run off had my sympathy. If I went out and knockd sh#t outa people at his speed and violence I might need a toke or two after practice to bring it down...........
Who the hell said he was our fault? Jeebus, you love that straw man.

:jerkstore:

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The impact today is absolutely ZERO. 0%. The failure of the program today is solely on Will Muschamp and Jim McElwain, and of course the lazy, gullible guy who brought both of them in. It's been seven seasons for God's sake.
Hmmmm...so, does the same hold true for success?

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I dont see the connection between my upbringing, what I do now and a 20 year old in the position I spoke about. Im not talking about Hernandez. Im talking about that great corner Champ ran off cause he kept testing for pot. He is making millions in the nfl now. btw i dont smoke pot and never played under the pressure these kids play under........I guess my stress is keeping 200 hundred kids safe while under my care each day...........and happy and healthy and learning among other things............
So what does this have to do with Urban? Aaron can be left out....

do you think Chump was wrong to kick the guy off the team?

divits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
it was implied we had some culpability................
It was implied that Meyer knew a lot more about some things than he let on. As far as our culpability for bringing guys in who we have since found out were not the best citizens, had 41 arrests, had different rules than the rest of the team/students and in the end were apparently running the place.....then..... yeah, that involves some culpability.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.