The Walking Dead (spoiler alert)

playzwtrux

Founding Member
Wait,... what?
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I know that there was some TWD talk in the Netflix thread, but in order not to clutter that thread up with this, here's its own thread.

read no further if you hate spoilers - you've been warned

I'm new to the series having watched all of the first 6 seasons on Netflix since the summer. I don't follow the comic books, so I don't know much about where the story leads, and from what i understand the show follows it loosely.

Season 7 started off with a bang last night and I wanted to see how many followed the show, liked what they saw, didn't like it, or could care less.
I thought it was pretty graphic with Glenn's eyeball popped out & stuff like that. I know that it's all fiction, but I found it interesting that Negan whacked those guys on the head as hard as he could & both could still speak, one better than the other. I thought the way that Glenn acted was more realistic than Abraham, but both should've been unconscious after the first blow.
I get the Zombie violence, but until last night they had reserved much of the gore to actual living people. bashing someone's head to a mush and showing it was pretty bad X2.

Where do you see this season going?

Where do you want it to go?

I can't think of anything outside of Rick's crew building a plan of revenge, but then again, maybe he'll wilt and fall in line with Negan being the show lead. Either way, Maggie will be out for blood once that kid pops outta that belly. You know Carol will figure into it somehow too.

Who do you think dies next?

I just can't see them killing off Daryl. I think he's a fan favorite and it would all go down hill from there.

Now's your chance to add your worthless $0.02...

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Rick's group will play along for a while and slowly work up a revenge plan. Carol and Morgan will be in The Kingdom and they might help Rick's group.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Ive seen people struck with a bat at full speed with little effect, not even knocked out and still able to talk. Moreover many lethal head conditions are progressive. It takes time for brainswelling to occur and cause symptoms and ultimately death.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Ive seen people struck with a bat at full speed with little effect, not even knocked out and still able to talk. Moreover many lethal head conditions are progressive. It takes time for brainswelling to occur and cause symptoms and ultimately death.
Were those bats wrapped in barb wire?

I personally loved last nights episode. Much needed with this series. Negan is a badass!

playzwtrux

Founding Member
Wait,... what?
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
so who's next on the chopping block? - I could easily see it being Sasha

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I wasn't very impressed with Negan at the end of season 6. So far the start of season 7, much better. Him making Rick realize he could make him cut off Carl's hand was straight bad ass.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Were those bats wrapped in barb wire?
No, but that would cause lacerations to the scalp (and probably make it stick to the skin, that's what barbed wire is good for) not increase the lethal damage to the brain. Now, hitting them with a hammer or something heavier (bat weighted with lead) would change the outcome much more drastically than adding wire.

Last edited:

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
No, but that would cause lacerations to the scalp (and probably make it stick to the skin, that's what barbed wire is good for) not increased the lethal damage to the brain. Now, hitting them with a hammer or something heavier (bat weighted with lead) would change the outcome much more drastically than adding wire.
You aren't taking into account Negan's superhuman strength. Duh.

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
No, but that would cause lacerations to the scalp (and probably make it stick to the skin, that's what barbed wire is good for) not increase the lethal damage to the brain. Now, hitting them with a hammer or something heavier (bat weighted with lead) would change the outcome much more drastically than adding wire.

You should stick to practicing law.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Come on G2, I'm not saying it cant kill you. Obviously it can. Hell, I saw the video of a guy getting punched in the face and then breaking his neck when he fell on the curb.

But MOST baseball bats don't kill you instantly. She said it was unrealistic that someone could say suck my nuts after getting hit. Plenty of people have been hit in the head with a bat, full speed full strength, and survived to yell about it.

I hung up my stethoscope long ago, but I'm pretty sure the bats still weigh about the same.

Last edited:

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I thought it was one of the best episodes of the series. Had me completely glued to my seat.

Neegan is the best villain they've ever had.

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Come on G2, I'm not saying it cant kill you. Obviously it can. Hell, I saw the video of a guy getting punched in the face and then breaking his neck when he fell on the curb.

But MOST baseball bats don't kill you instantly. She said it was unrealistic that someone could say suck my nuts after getting hit. Plenty of people have been hit in the head with a bat, full speed full strength, and survived to yell about it.

I hung up my stethoscope long ago, but I'm pretty sure the bats still weigh about the same.
I was just messing with you. I agree 100%. You just beat me to it.

playzwtrux

Founding Member
Wait,... what?
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
So Law is saying that Negan is a 2 star recruit destined to ride the pine, holding a clip board as the 3rd string backup

:thumbup:

playzwtrux

Founding Member
Wait,... what?
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Season 7 - Episode 2

I'm not liking where we have all these story lines going on at once where the whole show is based on a small section (2) of the group. They could have at least had one segment (from commercial break to commercial break) showing part, or all of the main group.

Moving forward; will the saviors contract the fever from eating the pigs that feasted on the dead? I sure hope so. I think they hinted toward some of this last season w/ Bob, but those who chowed down on his leg didn't live long enough for us to find out.

I see Ezekiel's group & Rick's group teaming up down the road to take out Negan. Sheva is gonna eat her some saviors. Next episode I expected to see an update on the people at Alexandria, as well as Daryl (showed in the sneak peek). What's up with the zombie moving up & down on the pole? Is it a pole dancing zombie? Will the brains start to work again after 7 years? Was he trying to figure out how to get off of the pole? I guess D-Wight will enlightened us. Daryl can't kill that guy fast enough.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Z Nation, and never look back.

playzwtrux

Founding Member
Wait,... what?
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
the group is split up into some many different places that it takes too many episodes to cover everything. After the season premier it's been kinda meh.
Soon Maggie will be running the Hilltop, so there's that I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.