The World Turned Upside Down in the SEC

Alvin York

Founding Member
Ultimate Gator Nemesis
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
What the hell's going on out there? The Southeastern Conference, I hardly know it. It all began in South Carolina. The Gamecocks were highly ranked and expected to take care of Texas A&M. After all they had a superior team and the great Steve O. Spurrier, the son of a .......... What happened? The post Johnny Football Aggies annihilated South Carolina in their home stadium and made Visor boy a humbled very confused man. Now the Aggies with their new wave fast paced juggernaut offense were the new Super Team in the South. Look out Alabama here comes Texas A&M.

Who could have forecast the rising of the two forgotten teams of the state of Mississippi. Who in the hell had Ole Miss and Mississippi State on their radar. Nobody and I mean nobody. The two Mississippi schools have both vanquished high rolling Texas A&M and defeated the two top 3 nationally ranked teams from the state of Alabama, the Crimson Tide and the War Eagles. Think about it. Ole Miss destroyed Alabama and Mississippi State rolled over Auburn. That's can't be possible, can it?

What about Catmania country? They have only one loss and that was a game the Wildcats should have won in the Swamp but for luck and bad calls that went Florida's way. Yes, Martha, the Kentucky Wildcats are a force to be reckoned with in the SEC.

Now we turn to the icon of the SEC, the Alabama Crimson Tide. Aren't they suppose to win the SEC and National Championship every year? They were defeated rather easily in Oxford or didn't you notice? Last night they were extremely fortunate to get out of Fayetteville with a 14-13 victory against the hapless Arkansas Razorbacks. Can you believe Saint Nick and Holy Alabama were shot down by Ole Miss and lucked out against Arkansas. Believe it.

Of course some things never change. Florida and Tennessee are once again mired in the middle of the pack going nowhere fast.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I did actually hear quite a few people claiming to watch out for Miss State that they were loaded with upperclassmen and had a QB ready to break out - I ignored it however due them being Miss State. They weren't claiming they would be in the running for the playoff but that they could be a 10-2 team even in the West.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Dork, right now we have coaching and field leadership issues. We don't have time for such too much time on your hands discourses. :kick:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We've always had that sentiment for our soon to be fired coach and you.

Alvin York

Founding Member
Ultimate Gator Nemesis
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n77402 said:
I did actually hear quite a few people claiming to watch out for Miss State that they were loaded with upperclassmen and had a QB ready to break out - I ignored it however due them being Miss State. They weren't claiming they would be in the running for the playoff but that they could be a 10-2 team even in the West.

Have you noticed the new Mantra from the sports commentators. Dak Prescott is the Second Coming of Tim Tebow and Cam Newton. He's allegedly as religious as Tebow but I'm not aware of any missing laptops. Still I think it would be wise to wait until the last of the season before we hand out such accolades.

Wouldn't it be a freak of nature if a close Egg Bowl put both Mississippi teams into the NC playoffs.

KCgator

Superhero
Sep 7, 2014
Alvin York;n77437 said:
Have you noticed the new Mantra from the sports commentators. Dak Prescott is the Second Coming of Tim Tebow and Cam Newton. He's allegedly as religious as Tebow but I'm not aware of any missing laptops. Still I think it would be wise to wait until the last of the season before we hand out such accolades.

Wouldn't it be a freak of nature if a close Egg Bowl put both Mississippi teams into the NC playoffs.

You're like one of those outside agitators in Ferguson, MO. No one wants you here.

Alvin York

Founding Member
Ultimate Gator Nemesis
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
KCgator;n77476 said:
You're like one of those outside agitators in Ferguson, MO. No one wants you here.

So I'm an Albanian Al Sharpton, the "refined agitator". :)

So be it.

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Pretty much. and you clearly enjoy it even though your awful volunteers can't beat Florida no matter how bad they are. I don't know why we allow you to stay here.

Alvin York

Founding Member
Ultimate Gator Nemesis
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Born2beagator;n77534 said:
Pretty much. and you clearly enjoy it even though your awful volunteers can't beat Florida no matter how bad they are. I don't know why we allow you to stay here.

Considering the Gators have dominated Tennessee for a decade Vol fans naturally enjoy the prophesied mediocrity of the Florida Gators after Tim Tebow not to mention watching the Gator fans implode dealing with an under performing controversial head coach.

Regardless of my hostility to the Gator Nation my thread about the upside down direction of the SEC is sill valid. Who could have envisioned Ole Miss, Mississippi State and Kentucky as top tier teams in the strongest football conference in the United States? Of course I knew it all along.....NYET.

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Alvin York;n77615 said:
Considering the Gators have dominated Tennessee for a decade Vol fans naturally enjoy the prophesied mediocrity of the Florida Gators after Tim Tebow not to mention watching the Gator fans implode dealing with an under performing controversial head coach.
Nothing controversial about Muschamp, he is just a bad coach...and vols fans should be more worried that they can't beat his teams than living vicariously through those that can. You guys are truly pathetic.

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Alvin York;n77377 said:
What the hell's going on out there? The Southeastern Conference, I hardly know it. It all began in South Carolina. The Gamecocks were highly ranked and expected to take care of Texas A&M. After all they had a superior team and the great Steve O. Spurrier, the son of a .......... What happened? The post Johnny Football Aggies annihilated South Carolina in their home stadium and made Visor boy a humbled very confused man. Now the Aggies with their new wave fast paced juggernaut offense were the new Super Team in the South. Look out Alabama here comes Texas A&M.

Who could have forecast the rising of the two forgotten teams of the state of Mississippi. Who in the hell had Ole Miss and Mississippi State on their radar. Nobody and I mean nobody. The two Mississippi schools have both vanquished high rolling Texas A&M and defeated the two top 3 nationally ranked teams from the state of Alabama, the Crimson Tide and the War Eagles. Think about it. Ole Miss destroyed Alabama and Mississippi State rolled over Auburn. That's can't be possible, can it?

What about Catmania country? They have only one loss and that was a game the Wildcats should have won in the Swamp but for luck and bad calls that went Florida's way. Yes, Martha, the Kentucky Wildcats are a force to be reckoned with in the SEC.

Now we turn to the icon of the SEC, the Alabama Crimson Tide. Aren't they suppose to win the SEC and National Championship every year? They were defeated rather easily in Oxford or didn't you notice? Last night they were extremely fortunate to get out of Fayetteville with a 14-13 victory against the hapless Arkansas Razorbacks. Can you believe Saint Nick and Holy Alabama were shot down by Ole Miss and lucked out against Arkansas. Believe it.

Of course some things never change. Florida and Tennessee are once again mired in the middle of the pack going nowhere fast.

I appreciate that you are not attacking...just stating facts. I actually agree...

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
TallyGator;n77651 said:
I appreciate that you are not attacking...just stating facts. I actually agree...

He literally has nothing left but this.

Alvin York

Founding Member
Ultimate Gator Nemesis
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
While there is many surprising teams this year, one thing has remained UT is among the bottom dwellers. I am so pleased that once again and for 10 straight years no matter how inept the Gators might be we still have a win over UT so I avoid taking flack from the locals.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
VulcanAlex;n77925 said:
While there is many surprising teams this year, one thing has remained UT is among the bottom dwellers. I am so pleased that once again and for 10 straight years no matter how inept the Gators might be we still have a win over UT so I avoid taking flack from the locals.

You got that right. It's been a wonderful 9 now going to be 10 years up here. Thanks to the Dork for reminding us.....not that we had forgotten.

Alvin York

Founding Member
Ultimate Gator Nemesis
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
You know these new out of the blue Power Brokers from Mississippi do have a legitimate shot at the playoffs for the National Championship.
2014 OLE MISS REBELS SCHEDULE
DATEOPPONENTRESULT/TIMERECORD/TICKETS
Thu, Aug 28

1-0 (0-0)
Sat, Sept 6

2-0 (1-0)
Sat, Sept 13

3-0 (1-0)
Sat, Sept 27

4-0 (1-0)
Sat, Oct 4

5-0 (2-0)
Sat, Oct 11

6-0 (3-0)
Sat, Oct 18
7:00 PM ET 1,144 available from $143
Sat, Oct 25
TBD1,422 available from $97
Sat, Nov 1
TBD2,866 available from $108
Sat, Nov 8
TBD5,031 available from $7
Sat, Nov 22
TBD2,647 available from $36
Sat, Nov 29
TBD3,432 available from $91
* Game played at neutral location.
2014 MISSISSIPPI STATE BULLDOGS SCHEDULE
DATEOPPONENTRESULT/TIMERECORD/TICKETS
Sat, Aug 30

1-0 (0-0)
Sat, Sept 6

2-0 (0-0)
Sat, Sept 13

3-0 (0-0)
Sat, Sept 20

4-0 (1-0)
Sat, Oct 4

5-0 (2-0)
Sat, Oct 11

6-0 (3-0)
Sat, Oct 25
TBD513 available from $75
Sat, Nov 1
TBD1,518 available from $24
Sat, Nov 8
TBD1,376 available from $13
Sat, Nov 15
TBD2,599 available from $105
Sat, Nov 22
TBD1,733 available from $20
Sat, Nov 29
TBD3,432 available from $91

There's only two roadblocks for Mississippi State, Kentucky and Alabama before the Egg Bowl
Ole Miss is only left with LSU and Auburn before their showdown with State in the Egg Bowl.

Its coming down to at least one Mississippi school, the winner of the Notre Dame/FSU game this Saturday, Baylor and the winner of the Auburn/Alabama firestorm will be the players for the National Championship playoffs.

Alvin York

Founding Member
Ultimate Gator Nemesis
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n78214 said:
Tenn is still at the bottom of the SEC East, so not everything is turned upside down.

Yes, and the Florida Gators are in their usual role as a nonentity in the SEC East.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.