There is absolutely zero upcoming season buzz

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I haven't found a single Gator anywhere even remotely excited about the upcoming season. Honestly, it's sad. Expectations are in gutter. No buzz at all. Is our mediocrity the "new normal"? That's what it feels like we're being asked to accept.

Perhaps I'm just being a Debbie Downer, but with our awful recruiting classes I see no light at the end of the tunnel. It's win 7 to 10 games and pray we win the East. The thought of winning the SEC, much less a NC, is laughable.

Discuss.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I haven't found a single Gator anywhere even remotely excited about the upcoming season. Honestly, it's sad. Expectations are in gutter. No buzz at all. Is our mediocrity the "new normal"? That's what it feels like we're being asked to accept.

Perhaps I'm just being a Debbie Downer, but with our awful recruiting classes I see no light at the end of the tunnel. It's win 7 to 10 games and pray we win the East. The thought of winning the SEC, much less a NC, is laughable.

Discuss.

Have you seen our "fun" offense?

gators4224

Apr 30, 2016
We could fly under the radar all the way to the Sec championship and then its just one game... anything could happen.. and if we win that we're in the playoff. Nobody is giving us any credit right now, I hope we use it as motivation and prove everyone wrong.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Alot of people have sort of tuned out or put their brain on autopilot. The people that are still tuned in have much more tempered expectations than in decades past. And as a fanbase we've pretty much moved past the denial and grieve phases and are into the acceptance phase. This is evident by the daily running tally of jokes from the fan base about our futility the last decade. When you can laugh about your hapless lot in life regularly, it means youve more or less accepted it, perhaps even gotten comfortable.

At some point things will change, they always do. But most people have moved past believing and thinking its "next season" that its going to happen and are now just in "someday" mode.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
We could fly under the radar all the way to the Sec championship and then its just one game... anything could happen.. and if we win that we're in the playoff. Nobody is giving us any credit right now, I hope we use it as motivation and prove everyone wrong.

We are not getting in the playoff if there are other teams with 1 loss if we have a couple of losses. I guess we could go 11-1 prior to that game but that would really exceed expectations.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
If ifs and butts were candy and nuts. Hope isn't a course of action.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
No i get that we have to prove it, but I think we have the team that could shock alot of people this year and kind of be a darkhorse sleeper
I think we have the exact same team weve had for a while, lot of misfits scattered around. Still no qb that can actually be a difference maker, an O-line that still hasnt been able to pass block for crap, and lack of size and depth on the defensive line and LB, not to mention that most of them are all new to the starting rotation so I disagree with you completely. But I respect your position and think you're a good dude tho :fistbump:

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
*yawn* That's for the thread. It's June, the CWS is here we just finished the WCWS.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014

Discuss.

Don't go peddling your whoa is me pity party attitude around here. I'm jacked baby!. We're gonna OWN and DESTROYtm.

Last edited:

gators4224

Apr 30, 2016
I think we have the exact same team weve had for a while, lot of misfits scattered around. Still no qb that can actually be a difference maker, an O-line that still hasnt been able to pass block for crap, and lack of size and depth on the defensive line and LB, not to mention that most of them are all new to the starting rotation so I disagree with you completely. But I respect your position and think you're a good dude tho :fistbump:
Those are valid concerns, Im in agreement with you there. A lot of how are season goes will depend on if we addressed those issues.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
If this season plays out like the last several, I'll be buzzed the whole time.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Phil Steele has a buzz about us :grin:

I'm excited every year, this one is no different. Ready to see Zaire and Scarlett running the read option

:chomp:

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
If this season plays out like the last several, I'll be buzzed the whole time.
Ive found that this actually makes things worse. I can compartmentalize and stress manage much better sober. You get me a six pack in while the gators are getting their fudge packed and I'm probably going to start screaming and shouting profanities, throwing things and stomping around looking to break something. This team and this coaching staff has literally driven me to sobriety. :lol:

heversle

Founding Member
Baba Booey Tata Toothy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Hope springs eternal. I'm very excited about the football team this year. For starters, our offense FINALLY has a chance to be good for the first time in a long time. Granted, quarterback play is an unknown right now, but we have more weapons at every other position offensively. Also, the offensive line should be solid if not good this year. The defense may take a step back, but not as big of a step as some may expect. I also think special teams will b much better than we've seen in recent years (which isn't saying much). Maybe the homer in me is obsucuring my judgment, but I think we could be a sneaky good team this year. Unlike past years, we will know if we are a decent squad after the opening weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator