There is absolutely zero upcoming season buzz

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
I live in Gainesville. There's a lot of buzz here. Everyone is talking about Gators football.

When I saw this thread I immediately wondered how ticket sales were going.

In 2016 college football attendance was down nationwide yet again. It's the sixth straight year that overall attendance at college football games has dropped. Missouri saw a 20% decrease in attendance. Southern Cal experienced the smallest average attendance since 2002. The decreased crowds were everywhere - Kentucky down 12%, Stanford down 12%, Minnesota down 16%, Maryland down 11%.

That's the definition of disinterest.

Since Mac arrived, Florida has experienced the opposite of the national trend in average attendance. In Mac's 2 seasons at Florida the average attendance at the Swamp has risen 2.3%. The average crowd in 2016 was 99.2% of capacity at the Swamp.

Over 98% of season tickets for 2017 have already been sold. Mac's 2015 Gators played FSU in front of the largest crowd in the history of the Swamp. I'd be willing to bet that record will fall again this season.

I think people tend to see what they are looking for and that which furthers the chosen agenda.

Thank you Mrs. McElButterworth.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Thanks for that uplift, 2222. But dumpers are gonna say a third o' them were watching better games on their phones.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I think Mac is a good coach moving us in the right direction. I tend to see the positives with this regime.

However, I do list facts to back up my opinion.
You have any facts showing offensive improvement?

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Gator2222, I think Ox had an area slightly larger than the 20 square miles from Paynes Prairie to Devil's Millhoppper in mind when he mentioned a lack of buzz over Florida football. You probably aren't going to win a research award either by pointing out that attendance is up 2.3% in the two years post-Muschamp. They could have brought in jumping porpoises and done that. :lol:

When I think buzz, I think the national news media, what people who in the know are saying in places like New York, Atlanta, Birmingham, LA and even Miami. What I'm hearing so far, if pre-season rankings of 15th and 17th are any indication, is that there is no buzz and the verdict is very much out on Jim McElwain and Florida.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Gator2222, I think Ox had an area slightly larger than the 20 square miles from Paynes Prairie to Devil's Millhoppper in mind when he mentioned a lack of buzz over Florida football. You probably aren't going to win a research award either by pointing out that attendance is up 2.3% in the two years post-Muschamp. They could have brought in jumping porpoises and done that. :lol:

When I think buzz, I think the national news media, what people who in the know are saying in places like New York, Atlanta, Birmingham, LA and even Miami. What I'm hearing so far, if pre-season rankings of 15th and 17th are any indication, is that there is no buzz and the verdict is very much out on Jim McElwain and Florida.
Again...this is a fair post. Not much to argue here.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
And 2222, my parents still live in Gainesville and I’m there a lot. There’s no buzz there, either.

GatorSkin

Founding Member
Nord for President 2020
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I think the offense has been upgraded across the board and we're primed for a breakout year offensively
I think the defense has been downgraded across the board and while I agree we've brought in better weapons on offense we still have an OC with a proven track record of being one of the worst in football, and we still have no Qb.

I'm super excited about it!

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member

There's plenty of Gator faithful buzz only 90 miles north of Gainesville and it aint good buzz. Other areas please check in.

As far as Chatter goes, there are almost as many pol threads as sports threads. If you take out posts which contain "Mac Sucks", post count would be about the same too. Buzzless. ;)

Last edited:

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member

One of the best analysts out there has us as preseason #9. Does that count as buzz?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.