There's a snake in my driveway (car guys come in here)

Discussion in 'Home, Auto, and Computer Tech' started by Concrete Helmet, Jul 24, 2016.

1. Concrete Helmet

Concrete Helmet Hook, Line, and Sinker
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $95
    Ratings:
    +4,381 / -87
    My birthday present arrived a little early fella's. Big thanks to the Wife for helping me find this thing and get it home.
    It's a 2009 Shelby Gt 500 with less than 9,400 miles on it. Mint condition, one owner. It has been modified and I am still sorting everything out on the car as the dealer where I bought it doesn't want to give me the build sheet. I'm sure it has something to do with information sharing practices and I certainly understand that. A couple of things I have found on my own are that it has had the pulley's changed on the supercharger. It has a 127mm JLT cold air intake and was tuned by Steeda Motorsports who specializes in Shelby's and Mustangs in general.
    upload_2016-7-24_19-44-17.png
    The salesmen who took the car on trade, for new Shelby GT350, said the car owner told him it makes over 700HP.....I aim to find out soon by putting it on a local shops dyno.
    upload_2016-7-24_19-45-46.png
    The color is Magnetic Gray with Silver stripes, it's riding on 20" Steeda Spider wheels wrapped in brand new Nitto 275/35/20 up front and 315/35/20 in the rear and will smoke them into 4th gear, and turn them into putty from a standing start....this much I know to be true:headbang:
    upload_2016-7-24_19-56-2.png
    Exhaust is I believe handled by MagnaFlow 3" through a catless set up
    The hood is made of aluminum and has functional heat extractors.
    upload_2016-7-24_20-15-44.png
    Laugh all you want but this car will probably not be driven more than 2,000-2,500 miles a year. My wife said why do you want it then. I said to stand outside next to it and drink beer while I wash it....She said good, could you get mine also while you're at it.....
    upload_2016-7-24_20-21-5.png
    upload_2016-7-24_20-22-7.png
    I'll try to post up a couple of quick videos of the supercharger and exhaust sounds in the next couple of days..
    upload_2016-7-24_20-26-18.png

2. crosscreekcooter

crosscreekcooter Cunning Linguist

Oxbucks:
    $82
    Ratings:
    +4,186 / -5
    How about posting some pictures of your wife.
    Thanks

3. playzwtrux

playzwtrux Wait,... what?

Oxbucks:
    $17
    Ratings:
    +1,111 / -22
    The car is awesome, would love to have one myself, but apparently I don't love Arky enough for Bulima to buy me one ;)

Seriously, sweet car and I hope you have to replace the rear tires everytime you drive it. Let that Pony eat.

4. G 2

G 2 Gator Great
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +2,666 / -10
    Dude, where do you live? Looks like a dump. - URG

5. Concrete Helmet

Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $95
    Ratings:
    +4,381 / -87
    Well it is old, run down, crime ridden and the infrastructure sucks......yada, yada, yada.....:stirpot:

6. Concrete Helmet

Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $95
    Ratings:
    +4,381 / -87
    I love a good burnout but after this weekend I need to chill....Tires ain't pretty but damn they are expensive:lol:

7. playzwtrux

Oxbucks:
    $17
    Ratings:
    +1,111 / -22
    I guess urg couldn't tell that he spends all of his $ on cars :what:

8. Concrete Helmet

Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $95
    Ratings:
    +4,381 / -87
    Sure, let's see,
    Hey Honey, some guy named Cooter on the internet want's to see a picture of you. He seems ok but his avatar is an Ape with a swollen nutsack, and he seems to have a lot of problems with sticky keys on his laptop.....

She ask if you had a girlfriend, wife or even a boyfriend.....I told her I didn't think so but occasionally he, URG and T Gator have Wesson Oil parties......She said then he needs to go f vck himself.. :lol2:
    I guess that means no....

9. playzwtrux

Oxbucks:
    $17
    Ratings:
    +1,111 / -22

at least she considered it, i think - :dunno:

10. URGatorBait

URGatorBait Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $94
    Ratings:
    +10,158 / -162
    Nah bruh, your street is good ;)
    Just try not to go off your street

11. URGatorBait

Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $94
    Ratings:
    +10,158 / -162
    I have no part in t and cooters oil parties :shakehead:

12. Concrete Helmet

Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $95
    Ratings:
    +4,381 / -87
    Sorry, I couldn't resist giving you one more swift kick in the nards for the whole Orlando thread....:lol2:

13. URGatorBait

Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $94
    Ratings:
    +10,158 / -162
    :lol:

14. GatorBart

GatorBart :bandit:
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $26
    Ratings:
    +4,968 / -22
    Can I have the Toyota truck in the background?

15. '78

'78 Dazed and Confused
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $835
    Ratings:
    +6,669 / -64
    275s in the front and 315s in the rear? That's an awfully beefy setup. Congrats on the car.

16. Concrete Helmet

Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $95
    Ratings:
    +4,381 / -87
    Well I won't give you my Tundra which is parked on the other side of the Tacoma.....However I'd probably cut you a sweet deal on my step sons Tacoma.....say $500 to get it out of the drive. Just pick it up anytime before 10.00AM when he gets his lazy ass out of bed....;)

17. Concrete Helmet

Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $95
    Ratings:
    +4,381 / -87
    Thanks man. The 2015 convertible is 275 front and 325 rear set up on 19 inch wheels and if the black wheels on the Shelby wouldn't look hideous on a Ruby Red car I'd swap them in a heartbeat. I also wish I could swap the brakes out.....the Shelby is a freakin handful trying to bring it back down after a hard 3rd and 4th gear pull which I kinda knew about on these older Shelby's. The best news is by buying a 2009 I stayed under budget enough to put a supercharger on the 2015 in the near future..

18. GatorBart

GatorBart :bandit:
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $26
    Ratings:
    +4,968 / -22
    I was talking about the Tacoma - it'll be gone before 10 - checks in the mail :lol:

19. Concrete Helmet

Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $95
    Ratings:
    +4,381 / -87
    Alright so I've been driving this thing a few times since I've brought it home and I still intend to post a couple of videos when I can figure out how to post them here, I've tried several times to put 2 of them up but must be doing something wrong.....
    Anyway my impressions so far are mostly all positive. I'm a bit of a knuckle dragger and this car is perfect for my expectations. For those who like a refined ride and performance it probably isn't for you. First off the clutch is basically a left legged leg press machine.....it will literally make your leg quiver trying to hold it down for more than 20 seconds while in gear. The gearbox and shifter are flat out phenomenal though. It notches right into gear with a very positive feel. I haven't tried to heel/toe downshift it yet.

The power I won't go into that far......it is what it is, A FREAKIN BEAST. One nice side effect is you can almost drive the car around in 2nd and 3rd gear because of the torque curve and gearing which is 3.31 ratio I believe. I still haven't put it into 5th or 6th gear yet. Traction control will be your friend and potentially other drivers as well until you learn the full capabilities of the car, which I can attest to after passing a BMW M4 and some other douche bag in a fart can muffler Acura, fishtailing at over 50MPH after being cutoff by both in a turning lane near the airport a few nights ago :lol2:.......The whine of the Eaton supercharger is mildly addictive to say the least though. However the Magna Flow exhaust has got to go......Too quiet and not enough rasp....I like obnoxious exhaust and I'm going to get some Borla Atak's to bring this thing to life..:headbang:

Ride quality is average at best. It is a heavy car so it feels solid, but the live axle rear end leaves a lot to be desired when taking even small bumps. It creaks and clanks a little when going slow over small bumps and on brick roads mostly due to the Steeda lowering springs that were installed by the previous owner. Steering feel is actually quite good due to the 275 size tires up front and a tuned suspension and body roll is surprisingly minimal.

Interior is not bad and it's comfortable. It is lacking some of the nice touches of the 2015 and newer Mustangs though. I had always thought that the dash plaque's signed by Carroll Shelby were standard but I guess not so I just ordered one from Shelby as well as a set of floor mats embroidered with the Cobra and GT500 emblems. Stereo is a Shaker 1000 with 2 subs in the trunk and is by far the best factory installed stereo system I've ever heard.

I'll keep working on some videos of this thing to post later.

#19 Concrete Helmet, Aug 2, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2016
  20. SGG

SGG Deplorable to the core
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $127
    Ratings:
    +1,892 / -5
    Those Shelbys are sweet. Nice ride :headbang: