There's a snake in my driveway (car guys come in here)

Discussion in 'Home, Auto, and Computer Tech' started by Concrete Helmet, Jul 24, 2016.

1. Concrete Helmet

Concrete Helmet Hook, Line, and Sinker
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $65
    Ratings:
    +4,351 / -85
    Why? Cuz Race Truck....:lol:
    Raptor is a sweet truck. You going to turn it into a Shelby? If so that would be double sweet but bring a big checkbook.

2. Detroitgator

Detroitgator General Factotum
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $65
    Ratings:
    +6,614 / -9
    It's pretty amazing just stock... but, well, stock is stock! ;)

3. G 2

G 2 Gator Great
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $0
    Ratings:
    +2,666 / -10

I've heard about these. It seems like reviews have been split. Some say that all it does is increase the throttle response. So instead of pushing down 1/2, you only need to push 1/4.

I've never used one, but it looks easy enough to do so it may be worth a shot.

4. Concrete Helmet

Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $65
    Ratings:
    +4,351 / -85
    I don't know about the 6.2 but the 2015-2017 5.0 Coyote motor is notorious for low end throttle lag. Probably something in the factory programming....It also has a nasty throttle hang when decelerating and downshifting aggressively. I had my tuner put a canned SCT tune on our 15 when he installed lowering springs and it helped quite a bit. Pedalmax make a similar unit and a lot of Mustang guys seem to like it if they are afraid of tuning for warranty purposes. They also have a variable setting depending on how sensitive the user likes the throttle feel.

5. Detroitgator

Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $65
    Ratings:
    +6,614 / -9
    That is correct... it is the only thing it does. It is NOT a replacement for a tune, but there is an immediate and noticeable significant difference over stock, and you do not have to worry about a flaky tune, warranty problems... As for the 1/2 vs 1/4, no, it is way more responsive. The actual pedal travel is a mind trick as there is obviously not a throttle cable anymore and it's all electronic. On Sport+ (not even +1, 2, 3 or +4), my truck literally jumps when you TAP the gas... it's not hp or torque, it's just a "tune" for throttle response. A lot of guys in the Raptor forums will do BOTH. Here's the chart...
    [​IMG]

6. Detroitgator

Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $65
    Ratings:
    +6,614 / -9
    Yup... like I just posted to G2, it's not a replacement for a tune, but it is pretty damn awesome, pretty damn cheap, and no "re-flashing" or errors or warranty issues.

7. Concrete Helmet

Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $65
    Ratings:
    +4,351 / -85
    Goofin around doing some short 1st,2nd and into 3rd burnouts while granny shifting....Almost a year later and the torque in this thing still amazes me....Then chased a couple of bikes up to 1??mph before they got out of it and so did I.....Those 3 digit tickets are a b!tch :lol:

8. crosscreekcooter

crosscreekcooter Cunning Linguist

Oxbucks:
    $69
    Ratings:
    +4,173 / -5
    They could hear you backing down in Sanford. Sounds really good.

9. URGatorBait

URGatorBait Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $47
    Ratings:
    +10,106 / -161
    Crete, if your car comes up missing....it wasn't me :suspect:

10. Concrete Helmet

Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $65
    Ratings:
    +4,351 / -85
    You can borrow it if you promise to bring it back without those squeaky a$$ brakes....:lol:

11. URGatorBait

Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $47
    Ratings:
    +10,106 / -161
    :lol2:

12. jeeping8r

jeeping8r Don't follow me, You won't make it

Oxbucks:
    $2
    Ratings:
    +54 / -0
    If you can reprogram the ECM to get rid of most of the torque management it will be a different truck.... GM is heavier with the TM but they all have it to cushion the driveline for warranty purposes.

For example all the diesels put out the numbers as claimed but WHEN is the catch

13. Concrete Helmet

Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $65
    Ratings:
    +4,351 / -85
    Heh???

14. Concrete Helmet

Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $65
    Ratings:
    +4,351 / -85
    Took my car to a meet/dyno day in Deland this past Saturday and ran into some You Tubers that have a local Mustang channel that I watch on a regular basis. Small crowd this month but I was way too late get a spot on the dyno run list....No big deal I like watching cars and talking to other owners to learn as much as I can about them. After a while a friend of one of the You Tubers overheard me talking to a Vette owner and ask if there was anyway I would take him for a ride in the Shelby....Of course I was more than happy since the road that the shop in on is private property and used as a burnout station for the cars as they come and go...After bringing him back one of the Channel owners ask if I would mind doing a burnout for his blog he was working on while filming his friends dyno session. Sure thing :lol: I said so off we went...

I hadn't done doughnuts in this car before and was shocked that it is actually much more difficult to do with a car making 600 rear wheel HP and torque than my 15 GT with a little over half as much. Anyway excuse the first couple of fails....:lol2:.
    I should also give anyone wearing earphones a STRONG WARNING......also the car appears in the very opening clip and then again at about the 7.00 mark for those looking.

15. crosscreekcooter

crosscreekcooter Cunning Linguist

Oxbucks:
    $69
    Ratings:
    +4,173 / -5
  16. URGatorBait

Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $47
    Ratings:
    +10,106 / -161
    good stuff...that thing does sound sick :lol:

17. Concrete Helmet

Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $65
    Ratings:
    +4,351 / -85
    Thanks, I be putting a bigger supercharger on the car when I get back from vacation as well as some cosmetic stuff so I post up some pics/video when I get done.

18. Concrete Helmet

Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $65
    Ratings:
    +4,351 / -85
    Big news coming soon on the GT500.....
    Until then here are a few mods I've done(paid others to have done:lol:) on the fleet
    [​IMG]
    6 inch Pro Comp lift on the 2015 Toyota Tacoma(stepson's ride)
    upload_2017-11-8_16-40-25.png
    [​IMG]
    Early BDay present for him... I thought it came out nice.
    [​IMG]
    Did a light bar, lowering springs, intake and tune on the company car...
    upload_2017-11-8_16-48-52.png
    Oh and some slotted and crossed drilled rotors on the Shelby....and a 1,000HP McCleod clutch to handle the next set of mods.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]