There's no new coach buzz here

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
In contrast to the past two hires where there was lots. Maybe we're turned off by the hire, maybe we're sick of UF's coaching hiring miscues. Maybe, just maybe the Kelly fiasco made us all a bit numb to it all.

Or maybe it's a combination of the three.

It's more than a bit weird that we have a new Florida coach and there is this little interest.

Then again, maybe that's not so bad. The upside is bigger.

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
For some, including me, it is almost like withdrawal. Now I am going to sit back and enjoy watching the coaching carousel at other schools. I am so glad, no, relieved, that our search is over and I feel pretty good about it.

CapitalGator02

Founding Member
( . Y . )
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
In contrast to the past two hires where there was lots. Maybe we're turned off by the hire, maybe we're sick of UF's coaching hiring miscues. Maybe, just maybe the Kelly fiasco made us all a bit numb to it all.

Or maybe it's a combination of the three.

It's more than a bit weird that we have a new Florida coach and there is this little interest.

Then again, maybe that's not so bad. The upside is bigger.
The sh!tshows in Knoxville and Tally have consumed all of our bandwidth

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
There's plenty of discussion on Mullen. Look at all the threads, most are discussing recruiting, new assistants, etc.

The next couple of months will be interesting as Mullen completes the staff and fills the recruiting class.

I'm curious to see how the roster shakes out w/ transfers, how many of the credit card 9 return, and the new additions.

Then spring practice and who the hell plays QB.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
A big part of our fanbase has given up.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Like him or not, we have our coach and we know him well......... what need is there for Buzz?

I just want to get drunk and forget about 2017, at least the football part of 2017... I don't even care who wins the National Championship........ I'm burnt out!

#### The Buzz will come when or if we grab a couple of unexpected recruits..... and keep the class together.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Not given up...... just tired of the butters circus..... glad that crap is in the rear view mirror!

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Apathy? Yes. Knowing Cousin Eddie from the Urban years? Familiarity. When Yellow Tooth and Duncechump came, the focus was on them because we know them. Whether you like Mullen or not as a coach doesn't matter, from either perspective, we are familiar with him.

That's why recruiting and assistants have taken the forefront. Especially assistants after Nuss, Nord, etc.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I dont recall a buzz with McElbutters. Most people had never heard of him and the ones that had actually seen his offenses wanted none of it.

I actually feel better about Cousin Eddie than Butters. Eddie will at least make the team tougher amd will probably establish some small amout of offense, like 50-80th. Butters was never going to do that.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
So maybe we're evolving in our thinking about Dan Mullen?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We?

I think Mullen is a mediocre coach w a stale, one dimensional offense that only works with a running QB.

It is what I always thought.

But he does at least produce an OL, which means the run game has some chance of working and producing some points. Sharp contrast on that front in comparison to McElbutters and Nusschump.

gatorfan81

Founding Member
Done
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I do not know about youse guys but I got to the point they could have named one of the Muppets and I would have been partially satisfied. I'm glad we got a coach that understands some of the traditions new and old we have here. I hope he is successful and is here for many years to come.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
While there may not be a lot of "buzz", I think most Gator fans think that Mullen is at least a real coach that will actually start rebuilding this program. Seeing the crap going on at FSU and UT makes me feel better.

If we can peel a couple of big recruits from other programs the buzz will pick up significantly.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The board's morphing, which is good.

While Mullen was the third choice after a pair of hyper-sexy names and probably less so with many of you -- esp Law -- given the options Stricklin was left with, he was probably the intelligent choice.

NovaGator

Dec 10, 2015
Like a lot of you, I have my fingers crossed on Dan.Not going to get my hopes up like for Chump or Butters. My take is that Stricklin panicked when he was turned down by Kelley (and probably Frost too) and grabbed the first guy he was sure he could get. May be a good get, maybe not. Time will tell.

Last edited:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Right now recruiting is everything. Let's kill this class. Let's flip every single FSU recruit worth a crap.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The board's morphing, which is good.

While Mullen was the third choice after a pair of hyper-sexy names and probably less so with many of you -- esp Law -- given the options Stricklin was left with, he was probably the intelligent choice.
4th choice atleast. Gundy said no too

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Ox, you're right. There's a major tide shift going on. We need to jump on it.

T-gator, Gundy would be lucky to go 4-7 in the SEC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator