Recruiting These five 3-star prospects can contribute soon

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe good player development will transform some newcomers into achieving like
seasoned veterans - like we've never seen before?? Inspiration towards not letting each
other down is a cultivatable feeling/talent -- our Marines develop such when they each and all
repeatedly must face opponents trying to kill them.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Do you think three 3 star freshman will be playing at Bama or FSU this year?

What's your point? Have I been out there declaring we have excellent depth on this team? Maybe you've mistaken me for someone else.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
What's your point? Have I been out there declaring we have excellent depth on this team? Maybe you've mistaken me for someone else.
Just a question. I think the premise of this thread is that having 5, 3 star freshmen getting playing time is a good thing. It's not.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Playing? Maybe. Starting? No.

Well not 3 of them.

Jack o' Diamonds

My mind is made up, don't confuse me with facts...
Lifetime Member
Aug 29, 2015
Just a question. I think the premise of this thread is that having 5, 3 star freshmen getting playing time is a good thing. It's not.

The premise of the thread is that there are 3* players who will be productive, and provide depth for the team. I'm pretty sure soon didn't mean September!

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
That Antonio Callaway wasn't bad for a 3 star last year.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
:exactly:

That's the difference in you and me. You're okay with the state of UF football and I'm not. We shouldn't be happy about a boat load of 3 stars playing.

Who said I was happy about it? Try realistic. Our program has basically sucked for years. Snapping your fingers doesnt fix it. It appears that we are on track to recovery.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
2015 - fsu had 20 total commits with four 5*, ten 4* and six 3*
2016 - fsu had 23 total commits with one 5*, fifteen 4* and seven 3*

So about 70% of these two classes were comprised of 4 and 5 star athletes.

2015 - good guys have 80% 3*s making up this class with two 5 stars and two 4 stars comprising the other 20%
2016 - we have 63% 3*s making up this class (hey, we're trending in the right direction) - with nine 4*s and no 5 stars.
Somewhere in there is a two star :grin:

Tag and Gatormandan are both correct - we aren't getting the amount of 4 and 5 star athletes and no one is happy about it.

But ...we are where we are and the quality on the field has to improve to attract the higher caliber players.
We're getting good players now but not at the levels we once were.
Time to be patient and let things play out this fall and stop the biotchin'.
Win on the field and they will come.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Contributing can mean playing on special teams or late in games. I think Putu could be a special teams guy as well as Joseph because they both can run. I think Taylor may play if we have injuries, but they would probably prefer to redshirt him. I don't know if Polite will get any time... I imagine Clayton will be the first freshman to play, so if Polite plays it will either be due to injuries or really late in games. I also doubt Williams plays this year. He needs to put on muscle so they will try to redshirt him so he can focus on working out in the gym.

The other thing about this article (which as usual for the Sun is absolutely horrible) is that he says they can contribute "soon"... well that is a bit vague? What does he mean by soon? He says "they have the potential" to be big time players...

There is really nothing of substance or value in this article. It is an embarrassment to Gator fans that this is what the "local" paper does for reporting on the team.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
But ...we are where we are and the quality on the field has to improve to attract the higher caliber players.
We're getting good players now but not at the levels we once were.
Time to be patient and let things play out this fall and stop the biotchin'.
Win on the field and they will come
That's it in a nutshell.....One thing is for sure, if we achieve 10 plus wins and a top 10-15 finish THIS year I will have a lot more confidence going forward with Mac and his staff as far as player development. Most players coming out of HS these days are usually smart enough to see an ascending program and that will hopefully translate to higher overall recruiting(talent level).

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Contributing can mean playing on special teams or late in games. I think Putu could be a special teams guy as well as Joseph because they both can run. I think Taylor may play if we have injuries, but they would probably prefer to redshirt him. I don't know if Polite will get any time... I imagine Clayton will be the first freshman to play, so if Polite plays it will either be due to injuries or really late in games. I also doubt Williams plays this year. He needs to put on muscle so they will try to redshirt him so he can focus on working out in the gym.

The other thing about this article (which as usual for the Sun is absolutely horrible) is that he says they can contribute "soon"... well that is a bit vague? What does he mean by soon? He says "they have the potential" to be big time players...

There is really nothing of substance or value in this article. It is an embarrassment to Gator fans that this is what the "local" paper does for reporting on the team.
Look, papers print this junk B/C we fans are desperate to read something about our team in the summer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator