Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'd like to see interviews of NFL players talking about what a joke the NCAA and college football is. Can you imagine the stories you'd hear. Really college is a minor league program for the NFL
This is why it will fail.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Jeez, these are guys that were supposed to be launched right by Sesame Street. Didn't others pay for that too (PBS)?

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
I cringe each time I hear the term "student athlete"!because Iknow it is largely a damn joke. And what also bothers the hell out of me is these liberal institutions of higher education who are so quick to moralize on certain issues but are so quick to look the other way when it comes to peddling their brand names on the athletic fields and courts.

There are always exceptions. There is the former Penn State player, John Urshel, who is studying for his PhD in mathematics at MIT while playing in the NFL. https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.bu...neman-john-urschel-starting-phd-at-mit-2016-5

John Urshel might be in the genius category for all I know. What I would like to acknowledge are football players who are average students actually taking legitimate courses and earning legitimate degrees. Or just cut out the hypocrisy and say we have sold out to a bunch of hired guns. At least I could live with that. Pay for play, but call it what it is.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
I'd like to see interviews of NFL players talking about what a joke the NCAA and college football is. Can you imagine the stories you'd hear. Really college is a minor league program for the NFL

Some of them might even be true. I will be surprised if Meyer/Machen really undermined what UF had so before them to the extent that UF did not monitor and penalize class attendanc, but then maybe they were that corrupt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.