Things I wished for & now I'm glad they didn't happen

GatorTom85

Mar 22, 2016
A telling stat I heard last night was that only 5 of the last 85 grad transfers have gone on to leading a team to a successfull winning percentage. Case in point, most of these grad transfers everyone longs for fail miserably!

When you think about it, this isn't really surprising. It takes a special kind of player to be able to step in cold and contribute at a Div-1 school (and especially one in the SEC) with a fraction of the time to come up to speed in the system much less the team culture. This is especially true at QB where for every Russell Wilson there are many, many Malik Zaires who end up taking up a scholarship over wishful thinking.

leogator

May 5, 2018
When you think about it, this isn't really surprising. It takes a special kind of player to be able to step in cold and contribute at a Div-1 school (and especially one in the SEC) with a fraction of the time to come up to speed in the system much less the team culture. This is especially true at QB where for every Russell Wilson there are many, many Malik Zaires who end up taking up a scholarship over wishful thinking.
I thought that Danny Etling did very well for them. Much better than what they had on their roster.

leogator

May 5, 2018
I believe Hurts will be a very good graduate transfer for somebody. For one thing he will graduate this December so he will have 9 months to learn a new playbook. Some people are jokingly saying he should go to Auburn which is not really that far fetched.

GatorTom85

Mar 22, 2016
I believe Hurts will be a very good graduate transfer for somebody. For one thing he will graduate this December so he will have 9 months to learn a new playbook. Some people are jokingly saying he should go to Auburn which is not really that far fetched.

Transferring won't teach Hurts how to throw so it depends on where he lands as to how well it goes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb